1. #211 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    No they aren't

I don't deny science that is why I laugh at the climate change hoax
    Neither of us is a climate scientist, but unlike you, I'm intelligent enough to defer to those who are. An actual scientist explained CO2 accumulation to me thusly:

Suppose you have a bathtub. Every minute, you add one drop of water. Every minute, you also drain one drop of water. What happens? The water stays at the same level.

Suppose you increase the amount of water you add every minute. Instead of adding one drop per minute, you 1.1 drops per minute.

What happens now?

Eventually, that bathtub will be overflowing. It won't happen overnight, but it will happen.

This is what we're doing to the planet with our CO2 emissions. Yes, CO2 exists naturally on planet Earth, and yes, nature has methods of recycling it, but prior to the industrial revolution, there was equilibrium. We're adding that extra 0.1 to each drop of water in the bathtub, so to speak, and it's heating the planet.

2. The Following User Groans At TexanManWithPlans For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-04-2020)

3. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Panetta View Post
    Neither of us is a climate scientist, but unlike you, I'm intelligent enough to defer to those who are. An actual scientist explained CO2 accumulation to me thusly:

Suppose you have a bathtub. Every minute, you add one drop of water. Every minute, you also drain one drop of water. What happens? The water stays at the same level.

Suppose you increase the amount of water you add every minute. Instead of adding one drop per minute, you 1.1 drops per minute.

What happens now?

Eventually, that bathtub will be overflowing. It won't happen overnight, but it will happen.

This is what we're doing to the planet with our CO2 emissions. Yes, CO2 exists naturally on planet Earth, and yes, nature has methods of recycling it, but prior to the industrial revolution, there was equilibrium. We're adding that extra 0.1 to each drop of water in the bathtub, so to speak, and it's heating the planet.
    That’s a variation of the slowly boiling frog thing lol.

There are just too many variables to do anything more than make guesses at future states of the climate.

And we learned a thing or two about computer models in 2020, haven’t we.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

4. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

What happens now?

I don’t do appeals to authority

Experts are wrong all of the time

You aren’t a chef but you cook

5. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Into the Night (07-05-2020)

6. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    That’s a variation of the slowly boiling frog thing lol.

There are just too many variables to do anything more than make guesses at future states of the climate.

And we learned a thing or two about computer models in 2020, haven’t we.
    We're the big variable here. You don't think that our species' CO2 emissions have any effect?

7. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don’t do appeals to authority

Experts are wrong all of the time

You aren’t a chef but you cook
    Appeal to authority? It's not a fallacy in this instance. If you're sick with bloody diarrhea, are you going to self-diagnose, or will you go to the doctor?

8. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We're the big variable here. You don't think that our species' CO2 emissions have any effect?
    No

9. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

10. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Plants seem to like it lol?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

canceled.2021.2 (07-04-2020)

12. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Appeal to authority? It's not a fallacy in this instance. If you're sick with bloody diarrhea, are you going to self-diagnose, or will you go to the doctor?
    Appeal to authority. Logical fallacy

If the experts were right we all should have been dead by now.

The experts predicted that by 2020 it would be over. Done. Finished.

Look nobody is telling you not to give up what you believe is necessary to save the Erf.

I choose not to.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

14. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,030 Times in 8,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    It must really suck for the other two countries in North America to be stuck with us.
    The EU is opening up, and allowing people from Canada to travel to the EU, as long as they have not been to the USA recently. Mexico is closing its border with the USA trying to stem the constant flow of Covid-19 from the USA. The USA is the biggest source of Covid-19 currently.

AND NOTHING IS BEING DONE ABOUT IT!!!

15. #220 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Condoms do not stop AIDS.
    Condoms actually do stop HIV transmission.

Let me guess, you don't believe smoking causes cancer?

I am not spreading AIDS or COVID.
    There really is no way for any of us to know... Even you. Given that you have a distorted view of how to stop the transmission, I would not trust any of your claims.

16. #221 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hand sanitizer is meant for when soap/water is not available.
    Many times that is how it is used, but it uses a different mechanism, so has different strengths and weaknesses. Hand sanitizer kills bacteria and viruses. Soap and water removes bacteria, viruses, and whatever grime. Soap and water is often better, because it removes the grime that bacteria can live on. For viruses, that is less important, because viruses cannot live on anything but living cells. Hand sanitizer is better at getting rid of viruses.

In general, it is best to use multiple methods. So you wash your hands often, and use hand sanitizer often, that is the best method.

I'm not giving COVID to everyone else in the office; I do not have COVID. I cannot spread a disease that I do not have.
    Thats what all the super-spreaders say.

Have you forgotten that we've gotten by just fine without wearing a mask everywhere, without excessively washing/sanitizing our hands and our surroundings, etc. because our immune systems did what immune systems do?
    Our immune system is a work in progress. Civilization has advanced quicker than our immune system, which means that disease hardily bitch slaps us every couple of generations. There are two possible solutions, either allow major chunks of our population to die, or out think the diseases with technology.

17. #222 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Your choice. You are willing to work for such a paranoid employer.
    Yes, it is my choice to work for a client which you call paranoid. It is your, and Eric's choice not to be willing to work.

You don't make $500 an hour.
    I am doing better than just that. I am getting paid $500 an hour with NO OVERHEAD. Most people charging $500 an hour have a huge amount of overhead, so they might only see $100 an hour.

And if some of my other ventures are successful, I might be raising my rates.

Masks do not stop a virus.
    Masks not only stop the virus, but they also keep people employed. Have fun on the soup line.

They don't have to [follow government guidelines].
    If you don't follow government guidelines, you cannot connect to the securities clearing houses, you cannot get insurance, you cannot accept investments, etc. I am not a lawyer, so I cannot list all the things you cannot do if you ignore government guidelines, but I know it is extensive.

I keep coming back to this. You can work within the system, and be successful... OR... You can rebel against the system, and be frozen out. Night wants to make this about masks, which I think are useful, but lets make this about clear backpacks. I think the rule about clear backpacks is useless, and stupid. I follow it because I want to make money and be successful, not because I agree with the policy. Even if I disagreed with the policy on masks, I would still follow it to be successful.

18. #223 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If the experts were right we all should have been dead by now. The experts predicted that by 2020 it would be over. Done. Finished.
    I have never heard any expert predict we would all be dead by 2020. I think Teflon might be confusing his fellow mental patients with experts.

19. #224 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I have never heard any expert predict we would all be dead by 2020. I think Teflon might be confusing his fellow mental patients with experts.
    Well, you have to admit the experts have been all over the lot lol.

Why are my coworkers [well, ex] required to wear N95’s during surgery now? The regular masks don’t work?

Help me to understand this.

20. #225 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

How do you know you don't have COVID-19? I tested positive for it a while ago but never had symptoms. It eventually left my system.
    First, tests CAN indicate a false positive.
    Second, no symptoms, not contagious.

Masks do not stop a virus.
    6 feet does not stop a virus.
    Plastic barriers do not stop a virus.