1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Assessing Covid-19 treatments.

Here’s an excerpt of what I wrote in March regarding the Covid-19 virus:

“... I find it interesting that the pharmaceutical industry in conjunction with the Food & Drug Administration has spent YEARS broadcasting propaganda against ANY claims that vitamins, minerals and supplements from trusted, decades old private companies have therapeutic and preventative properties … only the FDA approved drugs can help you. Yet yesterday I just watched a TV new feature telling me what type of supplements and such you can purchase from your local health food store that can boost your immune system while a vaccine is being developed for production a month or two from now!”

Well, here we are at the end of June and I have yet to see ANY main stream media reports from our national health officials regarding a TREATMENT or PREVENTATIVE TREATMENTS for Covid-19 symptoms.

In my lifetime, regardless of the disease, the medical profession has always come forth with ways that you could treat the symptoms of a nasty seasonal influenza or virus. This would usually entail a certain vitamins, foods or mineral supplements which could be obtained over-the-counter at your local pharmacy. They would then tell you that if symptoms persist or worsen, see your doctor. Dire circumstances would require a trip to the emergency room, which goes without saying. And while the public would be periodically told how bad the “flu season” was, the actual death toll was never primarily touted....it usually was posted at the end of the “season”. Flu vaccines were always promoted as a preventative before the “season”, even when the vaccine recommended was known to be mostly ineffective against the flu strain for that season (example. Tamiflu, which is STILL listed for flu shots despite it being effective for only one type of flu strain).

The current Covid-19 seems to be the exception to the rule. If you fall ill with Covid-19, you are whisked away to the interior of a hospital and essentially not heard from again until you are either dead or recovered. Family members can’t even get more than just basic answers from hospitals as to the status of their loved ones...and sometimes they can’t even get that. From what information is being released, critical Covid patients are essentially put on ventilators, given fluids through an IV and it’s hope for the best. Little information is given out regarding treatment trials … the occasional mention of an anti-biotic and such. I would really like to know if the immediate family is given any updates on treatment. This is crucial, because if the family is aware and versed on the patients medical history, they can be instrumental in better treatment. I speak from experience, as when my mother was in dire straits, the careful monitoring,research and questioning by my family kept the doctors from following rote procedure that essentially was making matters worse. Doctors just treat the side effects of standard treatments until the patient gets worse, then they move on (the old adage, “the operation was a success, the patient died). Keeping the doctors updated and preventing bad decisions (option by husband, listed primary advocate/care giver) saved my mother. This option has been removed regarding Covid-19.

Mind you, I’m not saying the doctors, nurses, technicians, etc. are not doing heroic efforts to save people....but I am pointing to a medical culture that is resistant to change or input from the civilian population. For decades, your local health (food) stores/apothecaries have given time tested treatments that strengthen the human body’s immune system. Not a cure, but ways to severely lessen flus and viral infections so as to (possibly) avoid hospitalization. The ONLY time I’ve heard of such from the medical establishment is when it was announced that China had success with vitamin C as a treatment … then a one day blurb about the mineral zinc having positive effects.

Here’s the thing: Get yourself educated as to how to strengthen your immune system. There’s a plethora of information out there from board certified AMA doctors and medical practitioners. Waiting a year (or more) for a vaccine that may not even be the answer to the future form of the Covid-19. Typically, the large pharmaceutical companies and research lab compete for sole creator and distributor of a vaccine or cure … of which an expected number of recipients will have adverse reactions to. Then there’s the little matter of cost conveyed to the patients...enter the medical insurance companies (of which nothing has come to light as to what that entails for current survivors). So don’t wait for the official “go do this”, as an ounce of prevention is worth the pound of cure.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Hawkeye10 (07-01-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Here’s an excerpt of what I wrote in March regarding the Covid-19 virus:

“... I find it interesting that the pharmaceutical industry in conjunction with the Food & Drug Administration has spent YEARS broadcasting propaganda against ANY claims that vitamins, minerals and supplements from trusted, decades old private companies have therapeutic and preventative properties … only the FDA approved drugs can help you. Yet yesterday I just watched a TV new feature telling me what type of supplements and such you can purchase from your local health food store that can boost your immune system while a vaccine is being developed for production a month or two from now!”

Well, here we are at the end of June and I have yet to see ANY main stream media reports from our national health officials regarding a TREATMENT or PREVENTATIVE TREATMENTS for Covid-19 symptoms.

In my lifetime, regardless of the disease, the medical profession has always come forth with ways that you could treat the symptoms of a nasty seasonal influenza or virus. This would usually entail a certain vitamins, foods or mineral supplements which could be obtained over-the-counter at your local pharmacy. They would then tell you that if symptoms persist or worsen, see your doctor. Dire circumstances would require a trip to the emergency room, which goes without saying. And while the public would be periodically told how bad the “flu season” was, the actual death toll was never primarily touted....it usually was posted at the end of the “season”. Flu vaccines were always promoted as a preventative before the “season”, even when the vaccine recommended was known to be mostly ineffective against the flu strain for that season (example. Tamiflu, which is STILL listed for flu shots despite it being effective for only one type of flu strain).

The current Covid-19 seems to be the exception to the rule. If you fall ill with Covid-19, you are whisked away to the interior of a hospital and essentially not heard from again until you are either dead or recovered. Family members can’t even get more than just basic answers from hospitals as to the status of their loved ones...and sometimes they can’t even get that. From what information is being released, critical Covid patients are essentially put on ventilators, given fluids through an IV and it’s hope for the best. Little information is given out regarding treatment trials … the occasional mention of an anti-biotic and such. I would really like to know if the immediate family is given any updates on treatment. This is crucial, because if the family is aware and versed on the patients medical history, they can be instrumental in better treatment. I speak from experience, as when my mother was in dire straits, the careful monitoring,research and questioning by my family kept the doctors from following rote procedure that essentially was making matters worse. Doctors just treat the side effects of standard treatments until the patient gets worse, then they move on (the old adage, “the operation was a success, the patient died). Keeping the doctors updated and preventing bad decisions (option by husband, listed primary advocate/care giver) saved my mother. This option has been removed regarding Covid-19.

Mind you, I’m not saying the doctors, nurses, technicians, etc. are not doing heroic efforts to save people....but I am pointing to a medical culture that is resistant to change or input from the civilian population. For decades, your local health (food) stores/apothecaries have given time tested treatments that strengthen the human body’s immune system. Not a cure, but ways to severely lessen flus and viral infections so as to (possibly) avoid hospitalization. The ONLY time I’ve heard of such from the medical establishment is when it was announced that China had success with vitamin C as a treatment … then a one day blurb about the mineral zinc having positive effects.

Here’s the thing: Get yourself educated as to how to strengthen your immune system. There’s a plethora of information out there from board certified AMA doctors and medical practitioners. Waiting a year (or more) for a vaccine that may not even be the answer to the future form of the Covid-19. Typically, the large pharmaceutical companies and research lab compete for sole creator and distributor of a vaccine or cure … of which an expected number of recipients will have adverse reactions to. Then there’s the little matter of cost conveyed to the patients...enter the medical insurance companies (of which nothing has come to light as to what that entails for current survivors). So don’t wait for the official “go do this”, as an ounce of prevention is worth the pound of cure.
    they will only ever offer a harmful vaccine as a remedy. this is the depopulation agenda. this is the culling. this is a crime against humanity.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

wake up, sleepy heads, it's morning in america, that bell tolls for thee.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    they will only ever offer a harmful vaccine as a remedy. this is the depopulation agenda. this is the culling. this is a crime against humanity.
    I wonder how nuts you are sometimes. This is one of them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-01-2020)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    I wonder how nuts you are sometimes. This is one of them.
    do you think the planet is overpopulated? if so, im talking about the reality of dumbasses like you, and the horrific policies that result from hatred of human life.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    SRNE
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Pfizer supposedly came up with a vaccine. They want to have it out by the new year.

PFE selling for 33.74 a share. It looks like a buy on my end.

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,115 Times in 12,640 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

The medical experts and the so-called journalists suck...THAT is the main problem.

I am taking large doses of Vitamin D and keeping up with the smoking of weed hoping that it has the same positive effect of disabling ACE receptors as smoking tobacco does.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    And I get accused of being dark.....
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (07-01-2020)

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

from 2 days ago:

Hospitals Experiment with COVID-19 Treatments, Balancing Hope and Evidence
    With little data on what works and what doesn’t, doctors trade tips and argue about risks
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-and-evidence/

DARK AGES SUCK!

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,428 Times in 53,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    The medical experts and the so-called journalists suck...THAT is the main problem.

I am taking large doses of Vitamin D and keeping up with the smoking of weed hoping that it has the same positive effect of disabling ACE receptors as smoking tobacco does.
    Oh lord.

"Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ParachuteAdams View Post
    Pfizer supposedly came up with a vaccine. They want to have it out by the new year.

PFE selling for 33.74 a share. It looks like a buy on my end.
    Kind of scary when medicine is entwined with speculative profit....makes the whole concept of "acceptable loss" more palatable to the share holders, I guess. Hell on the consumers sometimes, though.

George Orwell

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post

Whatever keeps you off the streets, son.

George Orwell

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Kind of scary when medicine is entwined with speculative profit....makes the whole concept of "acceptable loss" more palatable to the share holders, I guess. Hell on the consumers sometimes, though.
    It was originally supposed to be a heart medication and when the side effects were a boner (increase in libido).
    That's when it became a wide profit margin. No matter which way you want to look at it, it's a win. 30 years ago
    there was never a water bill. Why cry over spilled milk.