Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: No incumbent president has won reelection after being in ‘as big a hole’ as Trump

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    nobody is preventing you from linking it.....
    If you are not aware of what happened, of the massive delay in selecting a member of congress from that district, you are a dumb POS, to put it nicely

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeah, heard all this in 2016 too.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,966 Times in 32,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    If you are not aware of what happened, of the massive delay in selecting a member of congress from that district, you are a dumb POS, to put it nicely
    so you are unable to back up your statements with evidence that there is no election fraud from absentee ballots......you are just another lying lib'rul cunt......
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 06-29-2020 at 08:09 PM.
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,966 Times in 32,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    This might be what pee pee is referring to. https://www.npr.org/2019/07/30/74680...e-ballot-fraud
    seriously?......you want to try to prove that there is no such thing as absentee ballot fraud by providing a link to another case of absentee ballot fraud?........you're even dumber than floridafucked......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello floridafan,

With the United States being rocked by the coronavirus pandemic, double-digit unemployment and huge protests in response to the horrific death of George Floyd in Minneapolis on May 25, President Donald Trump finds himself trailing former Vice President Joe Biden — the presumptive 2020 Democratic presidential nominee — in poll after poll. That isn’t to say that a Biden victory in November is inevitable or that Trump’s performance in polls won’t improve, but according to journalist Bill Scher, history shows that Trump’s chances of turning things around are not good.

In a Real Clear Politics article, Scher (a contributing editor at Politico) explains, “It’s only late June. A lot can happen in four months, right? Let me put it this way: in the history of presidential election polling, no elected incumbent president has ever come back from as big a hole as Trump is now in.”

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...me_143562.html
    From the OP link:

"Should we declare Trump finished? Of course not. Just because no elected incumbent has ever come back from 10 points down doesn’t mean Trump can’t become the first. But whether or not a comeback happens is likely out of Trump’s control.

He appears incapable of changing his bombastic approach to governing, making it hard for voters to change their perception of his presidency. Biden’s chummy, empathetic image has solidified in the public mind, so much so that his penchant for gaffes has yet to derail his candidacy. Biden probably would have to commit a gaffe of an extremely more serious nature than anything he has done to date, if he is to sabotage himself.

Furthermore, Trump’s ability—at this juncture—to contain the coronavirus and rejuvenate the economy is also limited. Many of us probably aren’t expecting any autumn miracles, and even if there is one, the public may not give Trump any of the credit. Still, an economy on the mend could well help Trump close the current polling gap.

We can’t know the future, but we can know the present. At present, a majority of the public has soured on the Trump presidency and is ready to end it. As history shows, that is not a good place to be. For Trump to win, he will have to—some way, somehow—make history."

That's the thing. We can not let up. DT has demonstrated the ability to come back from scandals that would have sunk any other politician. We can not write him off.

Any complacency is the opening he is looking for. He needs something to turn this around. He's is going to be looking for it, whatever it might be. We have to remain focused, together. We can right this terrible wrong that has plagued our country. This faker who pretends to lead but only looks out for himself. This out-of-touch elite who thought he could blow off a world pandemic with BS, thought he could get everybody to pretend it's not real. We have got to remain focused and replace this president.

And he needs to face justice for his many alleged crimes without the special privileges of being president. We cannot let him go on to be a voice of the hatred movement after he is out of office. He needs to be publicly shamed for the criminal he appears to be. All of his cult needs to see him exposed for the selfish uncaring elite that he surely is.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Leftists are all fucking idiots, and I'm about to get guno kicked off my main board....again, because he's a POS.
    Remember "Trump The Mad King"? I do!
    I give Gumpo credit..
    Last edited by Matt Dillon; 06-29-2020 at 11:16 PM.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

With the United States being rocked by the coronavirus pandemic, double-digit unemployment and huge protests in response to the horrific death of George Floyd in Minneapolis on May 25, President Donald Trump finds himself trailing former Vice President Joe Biden — the presumptive 2020 Democratic presidential nominee — in poll after poll. That isn’t to say that a Biden victory in November is inevitable or that Trump’s performance in polls won’t improve, but according to journalist Bill Scher, history shows that Trump’s chances of turning things around are not good.

In a Real Clear Politics article, Scher (a contributing editor at Politico) explains, “It’s only late June. A lot can happen in four months, right? Let me put it this way: in the history of presidential election polling, no elected incumbent president has ever come back from as big a hole as Trump is now in.”

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...me_143562.html
    You have no idea what you're talking about. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...ning-trump-win
    Every life matters