Members banned from this thread: USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, canceled.2021.2, Text Drivers are Killers, CFM, Stretch, TOP, Jack, Earl and Cancel 2020.2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another Win for Liberty; Another Loss for #TRE45ON and the Cult

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,037 Times in 14,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Washington (CNN)Chief Justice John Roberts sided with the liberal justices on the Supreme Court on Monday to block a controversial Louisiana abortion law that critics said would have closed nearly every clinic in the state.

The 5-4 ruling is a win for supporters of abortion rights who argued that the law was not medically necessary and amounted to a veiled attempt to restrict abortion.
    The majority opinion was penned by Justice Stephen Breyer, who wrote that the majority "consequently hold that the Louisiana statute is unconstitutional."
    He added later: "The evidence also shows that opposition to abortion played a significant role in some hospitals' decisions to deny admitting privileges."
    The ruling continues a trend of Roberts siding with liberals in major cases. He previously has upheld the program allowing undocumented immigrants who came into the US as children to remain and sided with opinion that extended anti-discrimination protections to LGBTQ workers.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/polit...rt/index.html\
    Same exact way they ruled in Texas, albeit without the trump additions to the court.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (06-29-2020)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,006 Times in 8,033 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    I disagree with Roberts on his reasoning on property and personhood, but on the rest, he is in my wheelhouse.
    Roberts has not been the guaranteed conservative vote the rwnj's assumed he would be.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

jimmymccready (06-29-2020)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Roberts has told McConnell that he privately supports a 15 seat SCOTUS.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

Nomad (06-29-2020), ThatOwlWoman (06-29-2020)

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,307 Times in 13,426 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

What strategy would you suggest?

I don't see the Louisiana law that was struck down as "charging straight at a brick wall." As other states have done (and also failed), they tried a sneaky end-run by making up a specious regulation for physicians who perform the procedure, that other physicians in other clinical practices do not have to submit to -- admitting privileges. As the lower courts and now the USSCt. have correctly ruled, the only reason to require admitting privileges is to make it far more difficult for a clinic to perform abortion.
    It's all the same tactic. Let me ask you some questions first.

On abortion is it a woman's Right to choose? Is it her decision and hers alone? Put another way, is the man involved essentially just a sperm donor and has no say in her decision to have an abortion or not?

Is that considered the legal position taken in the US?

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

HAHA.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    They can't stand the idea of women fucking unless it's with them.
    Essentially they believe that sex is sinful, particularly for females, and thus should be "punished" in some way. Rather than the blessing that their unholy mouths call a child, they really see it as a curse.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Roberts has not been the guaranteed conservative vote the rwnj's assumed he would be.
    That's because his rulings are based correctly on Constitutional matters and not on ideology. The RWNJs hate that.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Yesterday my daughter went to the store while there a women not wearing a mask kept getting closer to her and my grandson, daughter told her to keep some distance, which she ignored , my daughter went off on her and told he at least she should wear a mask, she yelled loudly , "its my body I can do what I want" which my daughter came back with , like abortion? the southern white cross wearer glared and walked away
    You've raised her well!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-29-2020)

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    It's all the same tactic. Let me ask you some questions first.

On abortion is it a woman's Right to choose? Is it her decision and hers alone? Put another way, is the man involved essentially just a sperm donor and has no say in her decision to have an abortion or not?

Is that considered the legal position taken in the US?
    First you have to let us know if it's the woman's decision for a man to get a vasectomy. In that way, there will be no abortion issues.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

15. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's because his rulings are based correctly on Constitutional matters and not on ideology. The RWNJs hate that.
    Unless he has an out, and then he's impotent. As he was during the Senate 'trial' of trump.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

17. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Ah, the anti-abortion people aren't using the right strategy to fight their cause. You get nowhere charging straight at a brick wall, not that the abortion issue is a big deal for me anyway.
    The only thing people generally have against abortion in this country is......the people who demand it or agree with it do not use it enough.

18. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,584 Times in 9,990 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Washington (CNN)Chief Justice John Roberts sided with the liberal justices on the Supreme Court on Monday to block a controversial Louisiana abortion law that critics said would have closed nearly every clinic in the state.

The 5-4 ruling is a win for supporters of abortion rights who argued that the law was not medically necessary and amounted to a veiled attempt to restrict abortion.
    The majority opinion was penned by Justice Stephen Breyer, who wrote that the majority "consequently hold that the Louisiana statute is unconstitutional."
    He added later: "The evidence also shows that opposition to abortion played a significant role in some hospitals' decisions to deny admitting privileges."
    The ruling continues a trend of Roberts siding with liberals in major cases. He previously has upheld the program allowing undocumented immigrants who came into the US as children to remain and sided with opinion that extended anti-discrimination protections to LGBTQ workers.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/polit...rt/index.html\
    Hooorayyyyyyy!!!! Women everywhere get to murder they're own children!!! HIP HIP HOORAY! Oh happy day! You know,...some of the things you libtards cheer are really quite perverse.

19. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Essentially they believe that sex is sinful, particularly for females, and thus should be "punished" in some way. Rather than the blessing that their unholy mouths call a child, they really see it as a curse.
    Some of them may feel that way, certainly the Bible thumpers and fundies.

But I think all of them including the so-called "Christians" are secretly envious of people who are having sex while they aren't.

They want to see them "punished" by forcing them to be saddled with the responsibility of children they don't want or aren't ready for.

"That'll teach them to have sex with guys who aren't me!!!!"
    C'MON MAN!!!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

21. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,716 Times in 27,346 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Ra-men -- that is *exactly* what it is. I grant that there are some truly sincere forced-birthers who love the precious, precious fetuses. They also work to help pregnant women find alternatives to abortion, and they support programs that help the already-born. But for the most part, forced-birthers pay mere lip service to being "pro-life." They want nothing to do with supporting the already-born. They look away when the question of the death penalty comes up. They are fine with doing nothing to stop mass shootings. They refuse to wear masks during a pandemic because, as Concart pointed out above, "you can't tell me what to do with MY body."
    A trip into the black hearted soul of movement conservatism is journey best avoided, but your armchair psychoanalysis is something we all need to hear. Becasue the"sanctity of life" is obviously just a smokescreen for deeper seated mental health issues

22. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

USFREEDOM911, Grajonca, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Teflon Don, Text Drivers are Killers, CFM, Stretch, TOP, Jack, Earl and Steven VanderMolen

download.jpg

The Supreme Court on Monday struck down a Louisiana law that could have left the state with a single abortion clinic, dashing the hopes of conservatives...