Thread: Our Infamous Site

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,178 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    It couldn't resolve the IP.
    Domain names or IP addresses on a local computer can be resolved by adding entries in the local hosts file on a computer. Entries in the local hosts file have the added advantage that the system can run the application server, even when disconnected from the network.

If you pull the network plug, there ain't no IP gettin' resolved to the public though.

My question, if this were a scheduled maintenance- IS IT TOO DAMN MUCH TO MAKE A PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT before just jerking the system down?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

AProudLefty (06-28-2020), Hawkeye10 (06-28-2020), ThatOwlWoman (06-28-2020)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Liar:
    At least this time you didn't say "Lair." lol

So this isn't Damo's site? Have you informed him yet?

You aren't the best of play toys, but you're coming along.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

AProudLefty (06-28-2020)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Domain names or IP addresses on a local computer can be resolved by adding entries in the local hosts file on a computer. Entries in the local hosts file have the added advantage that the system can run the application server, even when disconnected from the network.

If you pull the network plug, there ain't no IP gettin' resolved to the public though.

My question, if this were a scheduled maintenance- IS IT TOO DAMN MUCH TO MAKE A PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT before just jerking the system down?
    Yeah that is true. I've worked with Unix systems.

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you pull the plug, there ain't no IP gettin' resolved to the public though.

HEAR! HEAR!

And explanations after if the right thing never happened?

I am really thrilled that this place still exists for free minds, it will not much longer I think...but transparancy and taking content providers well being into account is important.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

While this site was down for a couple of days, I went to google this site and found a site with hilarious reviews about this site. Apparently JPP is a infamous shithole.

Here's one: Do you love to express your disgust and disdain for inferior non-white "people?" Do you enjoy calling idiots and morons on the other side of the political aisle foul names like c*nt, ni**er, c*cks*cker, and M-fer? Do attacks on our Glorious Leader infuriate you and are you willing to defend him day and night against libtards? Is your level of civil discourse that of an enraged 18-month-old toddler with a diaper full?

Then this place is for you! You will find all your lost family here -- the racists too vile for even the KKK. Nazis who were booted from StormFront for being too mean. 101 Ways to Lick Trump's Ass and more! Hurry, sign up before their advertisers realize what's going on and pull the plug!

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/j...inpolitics.com

1.5 out of 5

Annie Oakly is the funny review. They mostly race baited and was let go after breaking rules. Least of which was using a sock to bypass bans on my discussions. Such a bullshit victim review.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charoite For This Post:

AProudLefty (06-28-2020), ThatOwlWoman (06-28-2020)

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

It prob. wasn't a maintenance thing. It was some sort of server crash. It's happened before. This is the longest down time I recall but I haven't been here long either -- just 2.5 years.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-28-2020), Geeko Sportivo (06-28-2020)

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

HEAR! HEAR!

And explanations after if the right thing never happened?

I am really thrilled that this place still exists for free minds, it will not much longer I think...but transparancy and taking content providers well being into account is important.
    The fact is we do not pay for the service they provide as our memberships are free- BUT THEIR ADVERTISERS DO PAY BIG MONEY!

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah that is true. I've worked with Unix systems.
    I used to be Cisco Certified. LOL! A LONG TIME AGO NOW!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

AProudLefty (06-28-2020), ThatOwlWoman (06-29-2020)

14. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The fact is we do not pay for the service they provide as our memberships are free- BUT THEIR ADVERTISERS DO PAY BIG MONEY!
    $3 a day is not big money.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

15. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Make sure to look up the address for IP address and save it in case. I doubt it will work but you never know. LOL.

16. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

--->Freedom of Speech<---
    I applaud Damocles for providing a Site where everyone is considered adult enough to withstand the occasional "You're a Poo Poo Head" comment and can discuss whatever on Earth they want.

There's lots of Sites for the Cream Puffs, Candy Boys, and Twerps to be protected by 'Mommy' (Big Brother) ... if you want a 'Safe Place' GO THERE!

While this site was down for a couple of days, I went to google this site and found a site with hilarious reviews about this site. Apparently JPP is a infamous shithole.

Here's one: Do you love to express your disgust and disdain for inferior non-white "people?" Do you enjoy calling idiots and morons on the other side of the political aisle foul names like c*nt, ni**er, c*cks*cker, and M-fer? Do attacks on our Glorious Leader infuriate you and are you willing to defend him day and night against libtards? Is your level of civil discourse that of an enraged 18-month-old toddler with a diaper full?

Then this place is for you! You will find all your lost family here -- the racists too vile for even the KKK. Nazis who were booted from StormFront for being too mean. 101 Ways to Lick Trump's Ass and more! Hurry, sign up before their advertisers realize what's going on and pull the plug!

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/j...inpolitics.com

1.5 out of 5

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Post:

AProudLefty (06-28-2020), Hawkeye10 (06-28-2020)

18. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    --->Freedom of Speech<---
    I applaud Damocles for providing a Site where everyone is considered adult enough to withstand the occasional "You're a Poo Poo Head" comment and can discuss whatever on Earth they want.

There's lots of Sites for the Cream Puffs, Candy Boys, and Twerps to be protected by 'Mommy' (Big Brother) ... if you want a 'Safe Place' GO THERE!
    We dont have free minds without free speech....and we will never know which ideas are better if we cant/wont conduct a full and fair combat of the ideas.

Combat.....I said Combat and I mean combat....and combat never was for sissies.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

AProudLefty (06-28-2020), Jack (06-28-2020)

20. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

We dont have free minds without free speech....and we will never know which ideas are better if we cant/wont conduct a full and fair combat of the ideas.

Combat.....I said Combat and I mean combat....and combat never was for sissies.
    Agree. (Damo needs to be given the Credit he deserves. I'm sure he's under tremendous pressure to 'conform' to the Demands of the PC Fascists)

21. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

$3 a day is not big money.
    They get paid for re-directs. They get paid every time someone clicks on an ad! It adds up to hundreds if not thousands a day.

If it weren't for that, the site would never be up!

22. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They get paid for re-directs. They get paid every time someone clicks on an ad! It adds up to hundreds if not thousands a day.

If it weren't for that, the site would never be up!
    A mod told me that it comes to about $1 day.....a site that estimates ad rev says $3....I went with the higher number to give your idea as much merit as possible.