1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    he fights the fake news,, should he just forget it and let them roll over his message?
    And that is not "brooding"
    Most of what he says is fake news. More lies than truth.

15 cases going very quickly to zero. We didn't know that was code for one five, followed by FOUR zeros. Namely 150,000 dead Americans.

Oh, but he broke that to us gently. One person coming in from China, We are going to be just fine, 15 cases, don't let the ship dock - I don't want the numbers in my news, only a few hundred deaths, only a few thousand, only 50 thousand, only 70,000, under 100,000, and on and on. He kept walking the standard back like he couldn't move the goal posts fast enough. Just like a silver-tongued snake oil salesman.

Nobody should fool themselves that the president is sincere and doesn't lie constantly.

He's a grifter, conman, BS artist. He kept the ruse going for a very long time, but it's all falling apart now.

I'm just amazed it took so long and so much to make it obvious he is completely unqualified for the job.

Not to mention thousands of dead Americans in a war we did not choose but must surely fight.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-28-2020)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Concart (06-28-2020)

4. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,673 Times in 17,931 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

The virus from China that China failed to contain has caused death and economic loss to millions of Americans and their families.

PoliTalker cheered the economic loss.

5. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wow.

If the Tulsa rally really did spread a lotta corona, those numbers will go on top of the huge hikes we have just seen.

It's only been a week since the rally, so there hasn't been enough time for newly transmitted cases to turn up.

We just set a new record yesterday with 43K New Cases.

The last thing we need is even more from the irresponsible rally.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Wow.

If the Tulsa rally really did spread a lotta corona, those numbers will go on top of the huge hikes we have just seen.

It's only been a week since the rally, so there hasn't been enough time for newly transmitted cases to turn up.

We just set a new record yesterday with 43K New Cases.

The last thing we need is even more from the irresponsible rally.
    The average time for symptoms to start is 5 days last I heard.

Have you heard different?
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

7. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

so you dont grasp how fake news works -not surprising
    It's not "criticism" its spin and blanket non-coverage of anything positive.

ex/ the "protestors" across from the WH when th Park Service hit then with pepper spray;
    they were throwing rocks and bottles at police - the "reporters"called it a "peaceful protest."

Now take that and use the same technique on EVERYTHING about Trump
    and you might get a sense of the massive fraud being pumped out by the press
    Reporters did not report that because they did not see it. That was only the park service saying that. Saying things is easy. Having them verified by the professional media requires the thing said to have actually happened. If anything was thrown at the Park Service, it probably happened after they attacked the crowd as ordered, which occurred before the curfew was to take effect. Essentially, the PS moved in to move the people out, some may have resisted, and that story was embellished by the PS as 'provocation.' Really, they were just following orders to clear the crowd out early so the prez could go get a photo-op flop with an upside down and backwards Bible.

8. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    The average time for symptoms to start is 5 days last I heard.

Have you heard different?
    Great, so anyone who might have caught this would have rushed out to get a test the second they had a cough, and all the results would be back by now. LOL. Or did you have some other ridiculous defense of the President holding a rally in a COVID hot zone, having his staff remove stickers encouraging social distancing, and then sending the Vice President out to tell us to heed the warnings of local health officials, unless, I guess, you are on a mission to feed the ego of the Orange One. Then just ignore them. Freedom of speech and all.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-29-2020)

10. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Great, so anyone who might have caught this would have rushed out to get a test the second they had a cough, and all the results would be back by now. LOL. Or did you have some other ridiculous defense of the President holding a rally in a COVID hot zone, having his staff remove stickers encouraging social distancing, and then sending the Vice President out to tell us to heed the warnings of local health officials, unless, I guess, you are on a mission to feed the ego of the Orange One. Then just ignore them. Freedom of speech and all.
    Notice if you will I how talk about facts and you immediately divert into your "TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP..." routine.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

11. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Notice if you will I how talk about facts and you immediately divert into your "TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP..." routine.
    You responded to the assertion that people who might have caught the virus at the Tulsa rally wouldn't be showing up yet by suggesting that they would have. I corrected you. You're welcome.

12. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Trump Tulsa Rally shows most people is against Orange Clown

13. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

I don't think door-knocking is safe anymore. Neither are malls.
    It's got to be more of a virtual campaign this time.

Not that it matters much. This is DT's election to lose, and he's doing marvelously at it. Turning people off left and right.

He seems to be out of tricks. He's tried the old rally thing, that didn't work. He's tried the old amp up the racial tension thing, that's backfiring. He has tried to marry himself to the economy, but that's not looking good at all. He is trying once again to kill Obamacare and the preexisting conditions rule during a pandemic which could very well become a preexisting condition, that's not working out real well for him. He's tried the old partial wall photo-op, that didn't stop the poll decline for him. He has tried to BS his way out of the pandemic, that's failing horribly.

He seems to be out of tricks. He's offered no new goals post-election. Just more of the same-old-same-old. People seem to be tired of it.

Could we be seeing, gasp!, at last, Trump Fatigue?
    No, they are not-these are merely examples of grass-roots actions......

I got a letter in the mail from bob tillman, a local jw who informed me he wasn't knocking on the doors because of the virus....

It the JW's can find a way, I would think the smart ppl in the DNC can find something for them to do, inspire etc etc etc..

It seems to me the big boys, the big money is what they are counting on & trump continuing to fuck up & biden continue to keep his mouth shut & let the big bucks carry the water, take care of the mud slinging & dirty tricks............
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

14. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    The virus from China that China failed to contain has caused death and economic loss to millions of Americans and their families.

PoliTalker cheered the economic loss.
    That china & trump failed to contain.....

trump is not to blame/cause of it, he is being blamed for his mishandling of it....... Even you know that
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

15. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    No, they are not-these are merely examples of grass-roots actions......

I got a letter in the mail from bob tillman, a local jw who informed me he wasn't knocking on the doors because of the virus....

It the JW's can find a way, I would think the smart ppl in the DNC can find something for them to do, inspire etc etc etc..

It seems to me the big boys, the big money is what they are counting on & trump continuing to fuck up & biden continue to keep his mouth shut & let the big bucks carry the water, take care of the mud slinging & dirty tricks............
    Big money is always looking for a way to profit from every situation. That's what big money does.

If big money puts Biden into office, and then the people, relieved of their long haul focus to get rid of DT, begins to focus on what Biden is doing at the behest of big money? Biden is going to find himself one one very high temperature hot seat.

16. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

he fights the fake news,, should he just forget it and let them roll over his message?
    And that is not "brooding"
    He owes his power to fake news. And he manipulates the media to make himself the center of attention.

17. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

so you dont grasp how fake news works -not surprising
    It's not "criticism" its spin and blanket non-coverage of anything positive.

ex/ the "protestors" across from the WH when th Park Service hit then with pepper spray;
    they were throwing rocks and bottles at police - the "reporters"called it a "peaceful protest."

Now take that and use the same technique on EVERYTHING about Trump
    and you might get a sense of the massive fraud being pumped out by the press
    That would be taking the word of one man over the word of the entire press. And the word being taken belongs to the one who benefits monetarily from belief of the right wing spin.

18. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Big money is always looking for a way to profit from every situation. That's what big money does.

If big money puts Biden into office, and then the people, relieved of their long haul focus to get rid of DT, begins to focus on what Biden is doing at the behest of big money? Biden is going to find himself one one very high temperature hot seat.
    I certainly hope so............

I will most certainly do my part....