Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I certainly hope so............

I will most certainly do my part....
    And me as well.

And that's what really disappointed me the most about the DT presidency. I just had this really stupid idea that his voters were going to hold him to task. (call me naive!) I was simply aghast when they began excuse-making for all the lies. I didn't know what to do with that. That's when I realized it was a cult, that he could do no wrong in their eyes.

I won't be doing Biden the way the MAGA heads are doing DT. Biden messes up, and I am going to be on his case about it. I have had enough of abuse of power.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-30-2020)

3. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Bill,

And me as well.

And that's what really disappointed me the most about the DT presidency. I just had this really stupid idea that his voters were going to hold him to task. (call me naive!) I was simply aghast when they began excuse-making for all the lies. I didn't know what to do with that. That's when I realized it was a cult, that he could do no wrong in their eyes.

I won't be doing Biden the way the MAGA heads are doing DT. Biden messes up, and I am going to be on his case about it. I have had enough of abuse of power.
    I was very surprised & disappointed as well......

He will be gone & dead one day & what will they have to show for it.........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I was very surprised & disappointed as well......

He will be gone & dead one day & what will they have to show for it.........
    Some fence got turned into wall and the 'illegals' have to walk a few more miles to get around the end of it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (07-05-2020)

6. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Some fence got turned into wall and the 'illegals' have to walk a few more miles to get around the end of it.
    lol... I bet trump never knew building a wall could be so hard.

Only the best walls when Mexico is paying for it!!! lol
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

7. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,327 Times in 52,381 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Agreed. It's smarter to have a defense in depth, as General Patton understood.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-05-2020)

9. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So it has been two weeks since the Tulsa Super Spreader Event and presto, Coronavirus taking off like crazy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (07-05-2020)

11. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So it has been two weeks since the Tulsa Super Spreader Event and presto, Coronavirus taking off like crazy.
    That didn't help but the states opening up without proper precautions is the real culprit.

Our nation should have been preparing for this since last year, not yo-yoing in confusion. I'm against authoritarian measures. Good, timely leadership would have flattened the curve flatter than road kill on I-35 without police beating people or causing small businesses to go. Unfortunately, neither party is providing good leadership. All We, the People are getting is more of the Blame Game, finger pointing, denials and a lot of hot air....plus a rising body count.

12. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    That didn't help but the states opening up without proper precautions is the real culprit.

Our nation should have been preparing for this since last year, not yo-yoing in confusion. I'm against authoritarian measures. Good, timely leadership would have flattened the curve flatter than road kill on I-35 without police beating people or causing small businesses to go. Unfortunately, neither party is providing good leadership. All We, the People are getting is more of the Blame Game, finger pointing, denials and a lot of hot air....plus a rising body count.
    I'm going with public sentiment and placing 100% of the blame squarely on DT for the botched handling of the pandemic response.

13. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,784 Times in 17,238 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Hello Bill,

The other admins, both Dem and repub built a wall where it was needed. Trump is showbizzing a wall to keep out roadrunner and iguanas.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-05-2020)

15. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

I'm going with public sentiment and placing 100% of the blame squarely on DT for the botched handling of the pandemic response.
    He is both the President and also the one who denied there was a threat. Yes, he bears a lot of blame for his leadership failures last fall and right up to his rallies. Other people, from individuals to Governors should be accountable for their own actions or inactions.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-06-2020)

17. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

People came from all over the nation to go to the Tulsa super spreader event.

They wore no masks.

They had a mass indoor gathering for several hours.

Then they went back home.

Now, the numbers are up all over.

Coincidence?

18. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,626 Times in 27,290 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

People came from all over the nation to go to the Tulsa super spreader event.

They wore no masks.

They had a mass indoor gathering for several hours.

Then they went back home.

Now, the numbers are up all over.

Coincidence?
    Former GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain was admitted to a hospital with COVID ten days after he attended the Trump worship ceremony in Tulsa.

A month later he is still in the hospital and hooked up to a venilator to keep him alive.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-30-2020)

20. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

And me as well.

I love Obama as a person, but his drone policy I absolutely hated. I too will speak up, I always have, I always will.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (07-30-2020), PoliTalker (07-30-2020)

22. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Former GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain was admitted to a hospital with COVID ten days after he attended the Trump worship ceremony in Tulsa.

A month later he is still in the hospital and hooked up to a venilator to keep him alive.
    Let's hope there's an empty bed next to him for Rep. Louie "COVID Spreader" Gohmert. Obviously Trump would have an old citizen sent back to the retirement home to die so Louie could have his/her ventilator.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/texa...ry?id=72052207
    Republican Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas, who has dismissed calls to wear a mask while working on Capitol Hill, tested positive for the coronavirus, prompting House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., to require members and staff to wear masks on the House floor.

Gohmert, 66, tested positive in a pre-screening procedure at the White House before he was scheduled to fly with President Donald Trump to Texas on Wednesday. Following his positive diagnosis, he returned to his Capitol Hill office to inform his staff. He wore a face covering to deliver the message.

Republican sources on Capitol Hill told ABC News that Gohmert's full staff has been in the office in recent days and that, at times, staffers were chastised for wearing masks.

23. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cypress,

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

Yeeks. I didn't realize it hit him so hard. How dreadful.

This thing is serious.