Thread: Trumpworld Fears Its ‘Nightmare Scenario’ Is Coming True

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trumpworld Fears Its ‘Nightmare Scenario’ Is Coming True

As Donald Trump returns to the campaign trail this Saturday night in Tulsa, Oklahoma, some of his top political advisers are growing increasingly concerned that the president won’t be able to dig himself out of the hole he’s made for himself.

Over the past two weeks, several of the president’s campaign lieutenants as well as individuals in his administration have reacted with mounting alarm as multiple polls have shown Trump dipping into the 30s against former Vice President Joe Biden, the presumptive 2020 Democratic presidential nominee. In weeks past, various aides in the White House and on the Trump re-election effort had privately expressed cold comfort in the fact that with everything going on—a bungled response to a deadly pandemic, a massively crippled U.S. economy, protests across the nation, and a number of Trump’s own former top officials coming out against him—it was practically a miracle that the president’s poll numbers hadn’t sunk even lower.

Early this month, one senior White House official told The Daily Beast that their “nightmare scenario” would be for the president to slip beneath 40 percent support in a sustained string of public and private surveys—thus signaling that a previously unshakable base was starting to grow a bit disillusioned. Trump’s consistent—though perhaps unenviable—standing in the low 40s had for years remained an illustration of his enduring base and iron Republican support.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ahead-..._push?ref=home

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-20-2020), PoliTalker (06-20-2020), Trumpet (06-20-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,812 Times in 33,661 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,067 Times in 4,685 Posts
    Blog Entries

His 2020 campaign is going to be a repeat of his best hits from 2016. What subjects are on your bingo card?

1. Best economy ever ever

2. Best testing for the Chinese flu

3. Build the Wall, still

4. Hunter Biden

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

AProudLefty (06-20-2020), Frank Apisa (06-20-2020), Guno צְבִי (06-20-2020), signalmankenneth (06-21-2020), Trumpet (06-20-2020), TTQ64 (06-20-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Campaign hasn’t even started yet

Biden isn’t even officially the candidate

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,784 Times in 7,284 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,061 Times in 1,006 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    Campaign hasn’t even started yet

Biden isn’t even officially the candidate
    I'm sure that I'll be voting for Sleepy Joe, just like I had to vote for the terribly annoying Secretary Clinton.
    But just as with Clinton, when Biden is the better choice, we know for sure that America is on her way down history's toilet drain.
    This country has NO chance.
    The population in general lacks sufficient intellect, probity, and rectitude to either create or deserve good government.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    I'm sure that I'll be voting for Sleepy Joe, just like I had to vote for the terribly annoying Secretary Clinton.
    But just as with Clinton, when Biden is the better choice, we know for sure that America is on her way down history's toilet drain.
    The population in general lacks sufficient intellect, probity, and rectitude to either create or deserve good government.
    2024 is the progressive’s year! Find someone that excites you like Bernie, but younger!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

TTQ64 (06-20-2020)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    As much as I hate to admit this, but I do believe that you're right.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So, Trump cultist really don’t think this is a campaign rally? That’s hilarious. They really are suckers.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-20-2020)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 11,568 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    2024 is the progressive’s year! Find someone that excites you like Bernie, but younger!
    The only progressives that stand a chance of going anywhere is Progressive car insurance.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

TOP (06-21-2020)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

So, Trump cultist really don’t think this is a campaign rally? That’s hilarious. They really are suckers.
    who said it isn't a campaign rally karen? why do you fucking lie all the time?

I can't wait to watch it tonight. I will be able to hear your pussy hat explode into itty bitty pieces as you try to "fact check" Trump all night

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    The only progressives that stand a chance of going anywhere is Progressive car insurance.
    Sorry, we boomers are dying off, COVID is going to get a lot more Of us, and millennials are mostly progressive.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-20-2020)

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,142 Times in 9,669 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    As Donald Trump returns to the campaign trail this Saturday night in Tulsa, Oklahoma, some of his top political advisers are growing increasingly concerned that the president won’t be able to dig himself out of the hole he’s made for himself.

Over the past two weeks, several of the president’s campaign lieutenants as well as individuals in his administration have reacted with mounting alarm as multiple polls have shown Trump dipping into the 30s against former Vice President Joe Biden, the presumptive 2020 Democratic presidential nominee. In weeks past, various aides in the White House and on the Trump re-election effort had privately expressed cold comfort in the fact that with everything going on—a bungled response to a deadly pandemic, a massively crippled U.S. economy, protests across the nation, and a number of Trump’s own former top officials coming out against him—it was practically a miracle that the president’s poll numbers hadn’t sunk even lower.

Early this month, one senior White House official told The Daily Beast that their “nightmare scenario” would be for the president to slip beneath 40 percent support in a sustained string of public and private surveys—thus signaling that a previously unshakable base was starting to grow a bit disillusioned. Trump’s consistent—though perhaps unenviable—standing in the low 40s had for years remained an illustration of his enduring base and iron Republican support.

trump is still on top. your pathetic projections are hilarious.

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 11,568 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sorry, we boomers are dying off, COVID is going to get a lot more Of us, and millennials are mostly progressive.
    And as millennials age they tend to get more conservative. They also hold more mixed views liberal and conservative. You and OO are examples of arrested political growth. Just teasing but the rest is true.

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

His 2020 campaign is going to be a repeat of his best hits from 2016. What subjects are on your bingo card?

1. Best economy ever ever

2. Best testing for the Chinese flu

3. Build the Wall, still

4. Hunter Biden

5. Law and Order

6. Antifa, Rioters and Looters

7. And it wouldn't be a rally without mentioning President Obama

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-20-2020), Trumpet (06-20-2020)

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    And as millennials age they tend to get more conservative. They also hold more mixed views liberal and conservative. You and OO are examples of arrested political growth. Just teasing but the rest is true.
    No, they don’t

According to Pew, 57% of millennials hold “consistently” or “mostly liberal” opinions, while only 12% report having conservative views. Even Buttigieg, who is often cast as a moderate in this Democratic presidential primary, is significantly more liberal than centrists of the previous generation, favoring universal health care, student debt relief and urgent action on climate change. He is also openly gay–which just a generation ago might have disqualified him from the South Bend mayor’s office, let alone the presidency. Meanwhile, Trump is deeply unpopular among young Americans. One Harvard poll found his disapproval rate among people under the age of 30 topped 70%.

https://time.com/5770140/millennials...ican-politics/

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,096 Times in 13,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello floridafan,

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post

I know he likes the age of 'his women' to be as low as possible. But not his poll numbers?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.