Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Grumpy Old Guy Joins the Ranks . . .

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Another Grumpy Old Guy Joins the Ranks . . .

I'm a self-employed (since 1989) working class old goat with no political affiliation. Long ago I used to be a Republican, but the pachyderms have made it abundantly clear that they are not the party of people such as myself. One flack went so far as to suggest that I should "go get a real job", and then cited her own status as a U.S. Senator's aide. I am not a match for the Democrat Party, either, since their ideology is much too far to the left for me.

And so I became The Independent Cuss back around 2003. I have some ideas that no one else seems to have imagined (since there can only be two diametrically opposed answers to any given issue), and as time passes and you "get used to me" I will trot them out for adulation and excoriation.

T.I.C.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Don't fuck up
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by I<3Big Anime Tiddies View Post
    Don't fuck up
    I'll try not to. I'm usually respectful, and when I encounter the occasional "dragon" I just back off instead of trying to slay it . . .

T.I.C.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by I<3Big Anime Tiddies View Post
    Don't fuck up
    I'll try not to. I'm usually respectful, and when I encounter the occasional "dragon" I just back off instead of trying to slay it.

BTW, when will I be able to post on the actual forum? So far, it would appear that I can only post here.

T.I.C.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,321 Times in 9,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Independent Cuss View Post
    I'm a self-employed (since 1989) working class old goat with no political affiliation. Long ago I used to be a Republican, but the pachyderms have made it abundantly clear that they are not the party of people such as myself. One flack went so far as to suggest that I should "go get a real job", and then cited her own status as a U.S. Senator's aide. I am not a match for the Democrat Party, either, since their ideology is much too far to the left for me.

And so I became The Independent Cuss back around 2003. I have some ideas that no one else seems to have imagined (since there can only be two diametrically opposed answers to any given issue), and as time passes and you "get used to me" I will trot them out for adulation and excoriation.

T.I.C.
    where are you on the new world order?

population reduction?

globalization zealotry?

5g?

vaccines?

microchipping?

fluoride?

toast?

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,408 Times in 53,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'll try not to. I'm usually respectful, and when I encounter the occasional "dragon" I just back off instead of trying to slay it.

BTW, when will I be able to post on the actual forum? So far, it would appear that I can only post here.

T.I.C.
    Maybe they changed the posting rules to where you have to have so many posts in an intro thread before posting on the rest of the forum? I don't know, hadn't heard anyone else bring up this issue yet. At any rate, welcome and enjoy yourself. You might want to take advantage of the "Ignore this poster" feature at some point. There are quite a few fairly awful ppl here. The owner of the board doesn't believe in censoring them so you'll be seeing plenty of vile personal attacks and name-calling, n-words, c-words, and so on. Most ppl are pretty cool on both sides, but there's always some assholes wherever you go.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Maybe they changed the posting rules to where you have to have so many posts in an intro thread before posting on the rest of the forum? I don't know, hadn't heard anyone else bring up this issue yet. At any rate, welcome and enjoy yourself. You might want to take advantage of the "Ignore this poster" feature at some point. There are quite a few fairly awful ppl here. The owner of the board doesn't believe in censoring them so you'll be seeing plenty of vile personal attacks and name-calling, n-words, c-words, and so on. Most ppl are pretty cool on both sides, but there's always some assholes wherever you go.
    don't recommend your totalitarian tools of ignorance to others.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (06-15-2020)

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,164 Times in 33,863 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

T.I.C.
    Welcome, please be sure to read our rules, 12b trips a lot of members up. Enjoy our forum

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (06-13-2020)

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions and the tips!

T.I.C.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The Independent Cuss For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (06-13-2020)

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Thanks for the welcome and the tip regarding 12b; I'll check it out.

T.I.C.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The Independent Cuss For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-13-2020)

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Phantasmal,

Apparently I cannot yet access the "rule book" (which is to say that I can't even locate it). Can you help?

T.I.C.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    where are you on the new world order?

population reduction?

globalization zealotry?

5g?

vaccines?

microchipping?

fluoride?

toast?

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

T.I.C.
    Independent meaning you learned how to think for yourself and often do?

Them kind are getting very rare now as we are Double Time Marched to UTOPIA!
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

T.I.C.
    So what did the Republican party do that pissed you off?

And what Democrat policies do you have such a problem with?

You are just another Trumptard trying to have things both ways!

I will guarantee you voted for Trump in 2016, and I will guarantee you will vote for him again in 2020!

Stop the charade that you are somehow smarter, any more moralistic, or better than any other Democrat or Republican.

There is no middle ground, as you are either on the Good side- or the Bad side!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 06-13-2020 at 07:25 PM.

19. The Following User Groans At Geeko Sportivo For This Awful Post:

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    chemicals in the water were causing these frogs to have hormonal/reproductive issues.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post: