Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How Political Correctness impedes thought processes

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    So we agree that the Right did the same thing with Obama. Though I'd argue the Right was ten times worse, but whatever.

So are Conservatives also radicals looking to mind hack people?
    YOU FUCKING DUMBASS! Are Conservatives assigning different words and forbidding saying certain things? NO! STFU then! GTFO here and stop twatting up my thread, you ignorant rotten pigfuck!

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    YOU FUCKING DUMBASS! Are Conservatives assigning different words and forbidding saying certain things? NO! STFU then! GTFO here and stop twatting up my thread, you ignorant rotten pigfuck!
    #deflection

We were talking about how the Left is supposedly turning Trump into the face of hate, like Saul Alinsky said to do. So how come it's ok when the Right does that?

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    #deflection

We were talking about how the Left is supposedly turning Trump into the face of hate, like Saul Alinsky said to do. So how come it's ok when the Right does that?
    No. YOU were talking about that. I was talking about PC.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (06-10-2020)

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not without attempted shaming and virtue signaling for others to do the same by the indoctrinated ones.

Somebody just tried to do that elsewhere and it nuked the whole thread. BOOM! Done!
    Oh yeah. That's their right. That's why I regular here and /b/.

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    I guess our parents are mind hackers and fans of Alinsky.

No. Wait.. I can only speak for mine and my family. Which is large, but nobody is a mind hacker and fan of Alinsky in my family..
    Maybe 1-2 liberals. out of 300+

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's no secret that the education system is no longer training children to think for themselves, but to memorize certain things and react certain to stimuli. This is not going on everywhere, but it goes on enough that it is concerning. Political Correctness has infected the education system, and it shuts off whole areas of discussion by design.

"Political correctness is basically mind hacking. It is a form of propaganda that induces self-censorship in order to send politically incorrect ideas into a spiral of silence. After observing the social hostility to your politically incorrect opinion you are supposed to start thinking of yourself as the crazy aunt locked up in the attic. So your only hope for relief is to “come out” and support the PC line. "

"Voila! You don’t need to do the hard work of thinking anymore. Instead, PC conditions your brain to respond to the good feeling of being praised, and to reject the bad feeling of being socially punished for saying the “wrong” thing. That’s your brain on PC."

This is why people use "fact-checkers" nowadays, because it gives them a warm, fuzzy confirmation bias feeling. Also they have not been taught to take in information and make a decision for themselves a la Socrates.

"In essence, political correctness is designed to force one view of reality and promote psychological isolation in anyone who adopts a different view. "

"You may ask: “Why turn students into such ‘snowflakes?’” Well, for those with power-consolidating agendas, this type of mind hacking short-circuits independent thought, turning the subjects into deployable agents. (This is how cults operate, by the way.) With their brains fried and fearful, unable to accept a different point of view, the recruits can be used as drones and street agitators. They’ve internalized the message that their very survival depends upon obedience to the sorcerers of political correctness."

"Students whose minds have been indoctrinated with political correctness are no doubt expected to serve as warm bodies to prop up the illusion of mass mobilization that might bring down the newly elected administration. If the agitators can’t succeed through messaging, they are likely to pin their hopes on provocations against the police that would then spin stories that accuse the new administration of repression."

Yeah, they're to the "pin their hopes on provocations against the police" at this point.

"This is right out of Saul Alinsky’s how-to guide on mass manipulation. In “Rules for Radicals” Alinsky explained it is essential to personalize the opposition so that there is a human face to hate. "

In this case, that face is Trump's

"So, political correctness can do a lot of things to the brain. Blind obedience to it can hard-boil those neural connections so no other ideas can compute. When confronted with a different point of view, the signals tend to get scrambled in a process now known on college campuses as “triggering.” When that happens, the victim is increasingly led by his PC authorities into a safe space so he is out of the zone of potential conversation and friendship. In this way, he can preserve and maintain his brain’s hard-boiled PC status."

I've seen this in action. I can shut you down if I want to because I know the triggers. Sad, but true.

All hope is not lost, though.

"But seriously, our brains are not static organs. The neural connections within them can constantly change, based on the effects of stimuli to which they are exposed. In fact, our brains are not only responding constantly to our physical senses and what is in the world outside of our bodies, but they also pick up and assess cues from interactions in the more esoteric world of ideas. So if we consider the recent discovery of the brain’s changeability—its neuro-plasticity—we can learn to become more aware of the pitfalls of lazy, shallow thinking."

(and avoid them)

https://thefederalist.com/2017/01/13...esters-brains/
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Matt Dillon (08-07-2020)

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Something will have to be done with all the little Patty Hearsts running around.
    I'm thinking free classes at the schools to fix their crosswired heads?