Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: When Will We Recover From The Civil War? Now Is The Time.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default When Will We Recover From The Civil War? Now Is The Time.

We never recovered from the Civil War.

The official war ended, and then immediately the fight went into a social struggle to repress blacks and glorify the Confederacy. That has never ended, and even though the people who began this struggle are all dead, we are still stuck with the hatred which was hatched then in an effort to justify southern slavery and the decision to launch into a totally needless, hurtful, and deadly war over nothing but stupid hatred. Racism is a stain that has marred the American cause of freedom and human rights.

Now we have our opportunity to forward our complete recovery from the Civil War.

And it came in the strangest way.

An oppressive hateful president, an insensitive cop, a black victim of police brutality.

This has become a moment.

It has become a movement. This movement has spread far beyond the American borders. There are Floyd protests all over the WORLD!

It is a chance to heal.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 06-08-2020 at 12:53 PM.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (06-10-2020), Guno צְבִי (06-17-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (06-09-2020), signalmankenneth (06-09-2020), Trumpet (06-08-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,820 Times in 17,256 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,595 Times in 4,273 Posts

Don't get your hopes up too high. We have had lots of "watershed moments" happen and fade away. American power is still bigoted. Those on top profit from holding blacks down. They are cheap labor just like slaves were. Their healthcare and education are cheap. You can make profit by putting them in prison. They pay fines, bail, court costs, and are paying for the justice and police systems.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-17-2020), PoliTalker (06-08-2020), TTQ64 (06-08-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

The official war ended, and then immediately the fight went into a social struggle to repress blacks and glorify the Confederacy. That has never ended, and even though the people who began this struggle are all dead, we are still stuck with the hatred which was hatched then in an effort to justify southern slavery and the decision to launch into a totally needless, hurtful, and deadly war over nothing but stupid hatred. Racism is a stain that has marred the American cause of freedom and human rights.

Now we have our opportunity to forward our complete recovery from the Civil War.

An oppressive hateful president, an insensitive cop, a black victim of police brutality.

It has become a movement. This movement has spread far beyond the American borders. There are Floyd protests all over the WORLD!

It is a chance to heel.
    It will end when white america stops compromising, listenting to, and putting faith in the racist right.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Don't get your hopes up too high. We have had lots of "watershed moments" happen and fade away. American power is still bigoted. Those on top profit from holding blacks down. They are cheap labor just like slaves were. Their healthcare and education are cheap. You can make profit by putting them in prison. They pay fines, bail, court costs, and are paying for the justice and police systems.
    You win the internet today!

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    It will end when white america stops compromising, listenting to, and putting faith in the racist right.
    Not to change the subject here but ... someone asked a question about posting on SugarDaddy and if it was akin to selling yourself into slavery. Do you have an opinion on that?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (06-08-2020)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,490 Times in 7,581 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

It is a chance to heel.
    Heal. I thought the election of Obama was the final piece of the puzzle. I doubt anything really changes. Cops will continue to kill whites that resist arrest at about a 25% higher rate than blacks but the death of blacks will continue to garner all the publicity. IMO.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (06-08-2020)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,266 Times in 13,401 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

Question: What does a "complete recovery from the Civil War" entail? What are the specifics of that?

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

It is a chance to heel.
    go eat a bag of dicks.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

Callinectes (06-22-2020)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

this goes for all poor folks, regardless less of race. stop using race to divide and conquer, globalist shill.

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

I don't think it is an easily solved problem but it is one worth working on and making progress on.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Heal. I thought the election of Obama was the final piece of the puzzle. I doubt anything really changes. Cops will continue to kill whites that resist arrest at about a 25% higher rate than blacks but the death of blacks will continue to garner all the publicity. IMO.
    Thanks for the spelling correction. OP edited.

I also had high hopes that Obama would improve the situation, but he did not want race relations to be his legacy. He never thought of himself as the first Black President. He had other ambitions. His goals were to fix healthcare, education and energy production. Big ambitions. The first one would consume his presidency and cost him so much political capital that it allowed a huge resurgence of the right, and that allowed reapportionment to be controlled by Republicans, which flipped the advantage toward them. He was never able to get to the other two goals.

His refusal to address racial disparity, coupled with anger from the right over the basic fact that a Black Man had been elected President, actually ended up causing a resurgence of racism.

He dabbled with race relations when Louis Gates was accosted, (The Beer Summit,) but he was mocked for it. I think that was the moment he decided such efforts were counterproductive to his goals.

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,820 Times in 17,256 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,595 Times in 4,273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Question: What does a "complete recovery from the Civil War" entail? What are the specifics of that?
    Equal treatment and equal opportunity. Take steps towards that and you have a good start.

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,266 Times in 13,401 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

Equal treatment and equal opportunity. Take steps towards that and you have a good start.
    Is that a forced equal treatment and opportunity like with affirmative action or simply one where you have both and its up to you to make the most of them?

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,102 Times in 12,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,441 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Blog Entries

We have mismanaged our way to being on the cusp of the next Civil War.....

The New Chinese Empire says thanks!
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

I don't think it is an easily solved problem but it is one worth working on and making progress on.
    how? what's the plan?