Thread: PLEASE TRY TO DEFEND THIS ACTION BY POLICE ... PLEASE I DARE YOU

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    i believe they did? The first guy got pushed forward by the one in back. My guess is he wanted the one who inflicted the injury out of the scene to prevent escalation. He then talked to his radio about a man down and at the end of the clip you can hear something about EMT on the scene.

I think the cops couldnt stay as they were clearly marching in formation down the street to enforce curfew. But they did call for the EMT.

However again he should have been arrested instead of pushed and if the left wants to prosecute this guy for murder as well thats fine by me.
    WTF????? A cop can't stay and treat a man lying on the sidewalk bleeding profusely from his head? If you ever had any credibility, it just vanished.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-05-2020)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,604 Times in 2,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 92 Times in 88 Posts

Entire BPD Emergency Response Team resigns in support of suspended officers

News 4 has learned the entire Buffalo Police Department Emergency Response Team has resigned from the team.

That’s a total of 57 officers.

We’re told this is a show of support for the officers who are suspended without pay after shoving 75-year-old Martin Gugino.

They are still employed, but no longer on ERT.

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news...nded-officers/

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,789 Times in 33,647 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,067 Times in 4,685 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post

News 4 has learned the entire Buffalo Police Department Emergency Response Team has resigned from the team.

We’re told this is a show of support for the officers who are suspended without pay after shoving 75-year-old Martin Gugino.

They should lose their jobs, be fired for supporting the cops who assaulted the elder protestor.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Frank Apisa (06-05-2020)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    WTF????? A cop can't stay and treat a man lying on the sidewalk bleeding profusely from his head? If you ever had any credibility, it just vanished.
    Police are suppose to serve and protect, they failed miserably.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Frank Apisa (06-05-2020)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Oh yea sure, so shocked the officer just walked on by ....
    In all fairness he just folded like all leftists do. All talk. Fall quickly when actually challenged.

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    lets watch the video again. Did he walk away or did he turn and was then ppushed away by the guy behind him who then proceeded to call the EMT?
    They all kept going, they should all be fired, hopefully it’s the group that resigned. Horrible policing to not assist the man.

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,031 Times in 12,561 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,404 Times in 1,348 Posts
    Blog Entries

It looks to me like he was not pushed hard at all....that he either took a flop or he is one some medication that gives him balance control issues.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    They all kept going, they should all be fired, hopefully it’s the group that resigned. Horrible policing to not assist the man.
    This is true.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,940 Times in 13,201 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

This isn't per se a defense of the cop but some rational thought on the event.

1. We don't know if there was any verbal interaction between the man and the police. If there was, that's important. If the guy gave them any sort of lip it might have been deserved.

2. It appears the police were advancing in some numbers. The last thing you do is approach a police line moving forward like this guy did. The police are going to react and it won't be pretty for you-- whatever your intentions.

3. The police reaction should be expected. They are moving forward in a line to engage a protest or whatever. The line moves past anyone that is taken down. There's a second line and support staff behind that. The second line protects the first and will "cuff and stuff" the person taken down. Support staff (you see two kneel by the guy when they advance to him) will take care of his injuries. The front line doesn't stop for somebody taken down, they march past. That's normal and expected behavior and training, like it or not.

4. The age of the man knocked down is irrelevant. The police don't know or care what his age is. They care about his intentions and consider him a potential threat regardless because he's approaching a police line instead of retreating from it like they want him to. That's his mistake.

None of this potentially excuses the officer, but it also doesn't excuse the man. He could be as much or completely at fault here. His injury is an unfortunate side effect of taking on the police exactly when you, and he, shouldn't.

13. The Following User Groans At T. A. Gardner For This Awful Post:

Phantasmal (06-05-2020)

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

In the 2006 bulletin, the FBI detailed the threat of white nationalists and skinheads infiltrating police in order to disrupt investigations against fellow members and recruit other supremacists.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...aw-enforcement
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,571 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    I can honestly sympathize with the statement of accidentally pushing an old man and his loosing his balance. Hell you can punch me an I could lose my balance, that can happen to anyone.

The Walking away tells me the Cop didn’t give a Fuck ... period.

People like that are the type who can kneel on someone’s neck and not give a Fuck.

People like that should NOT be Law Enforcement Officers
    It was no accident. He deliberately pushed him. The degree of injury was not wanted, i believe . But he should have helped him out. The boss cop called him away. that is a pile of wrong that was going on.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Frank Apisa (06-05-2020)

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    This isn't per se a defense of the cop but some rational thought on the event.

1. We don't know if there was any verbal interaction between the man and the police. If there was, that's important. If the guy gave them any sort of lip it might have been deserved.

2. It appears the police were advancing in some numbers. The last thing you do is approach a police line moving forward like this guy did. The police are going to react and it won't be pretty for you-- whatever your intentions.

3. The police reaction should be expected. They are moving forward in a line to engage a protest or whatever. The line moves past anyone that is taken down. There's a second line and support staff behind that. The second line protects the first and will "cuff and stuff" the person taken down. Support staff (you see two kneel by the guy when they advance to him) will take care of his injuries. The front line doesn't stop for somebody taken down, they march past. That's normal and expected behavior and training, like it or not.

4. The age of the man knocked down is irrelevant. The police don't know or care what his age is. They care about his intentions and consider him a potential threat regardless because he's approaching a police line instead of retreating from it like they want him to. That's his mistake.

None of this potentially excuses the officer, but it also doesn't excuse the man. He could be as much or completely at fault here. His injury is an unfortunate side effect of taking on the police exactly when you, and he, shouldn't.
    Victim blaming

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    In the 2006 bulletin, the FBI detailed the threat of white nationalists and skinheads infiltrating police in order to disrupt investigations against fellow members and recruit other supremacists.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...aw-enforcement
    There is currently a threat that Earth will be infiltrated by superior life forms as they look to expand their food supply, finding humans tasty.

Wake me if it happens.

19. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,571 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post

good. Now they can hire some decent cops. If they quit over this, they are as bad as any cop.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-05-2020)

21. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,940 Times in 13,201 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Having re-watched the video, I'd say the guy was totally at fault for his injuries. Note the following if you watch it carefully.

The guy approaches the cops as they advance in strength. The police are clearly shouting orders at the man, repeatedly, but he ignores them and continues to try and engage the police clearly saying something to at least one of them. They shout at him again and then the one officer shoves him, probably intending to force him back and to retreat. Instead, the guy loses balance and falls hitting his head.

That's unfortunate but it is entirely his fault this situation occurred.

1. He should not have approached the police when he did.
    2. He should have listened to their orders and complied. He did not.
    3. The police reacted as trained trying to force him back as they advance.
    4. The police line as trained continued forward with other police covering the guy until support staff (in this case medics) at the rear of the formation reach him and begin to treat him.

The police did nothing wrong. The guy is entirely at fault here for being a dumbass and not listening to the police and staying away from them.