Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE TRY TO DEFEND THIS ACTION BY POLICE ... PLEASE I DARE YOU

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Actually, that is exactly what police are supposed to do in a riot. They control the crowd. If anyone in the crowd tries to engage them close up, they force them away or otherwise take actions to stop the actions of that individual.
    Your last sentence is particularly stupid (sorry for being so blunt there). How does the officer know what is the correct amount of physical force to use in pushing the guy back? Should he just tap him lightly and say "get back?" You do note the police told the guy repeatedly to get back and away from him but he ignored that and continued to try and engage them.
    So, the guy isn't listening to their orders and continues to do what they are telling him not to. What should they have done? Beaten him down instead? A firm push by the officer seems a totally appropriate escalation after the guy shows he isn't listening to their verbal commands. It's the guy's fault.
    That was not a riot, you asshole.

No cop should be allowed to do what happened there.

But, obviously you are too full of your moronic self to recognize it.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,282 Times in 13,411 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 842 Times in 801 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    “I will add that I try to be excruciatingly polite in my posts.“

Well, you’ve already lied about one thing...
    I tried to be polite and did apologize. But there are times when someone needs to be firmly reminded there are stupid questions and statements.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-06-2020)

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,443 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Yeah, Hawk...like the coronavirus thing was contrived by the left. They really are dedicated on the left...they got 110,000 people to die to pull it off...but it worked.
    Hey Frank.....surely you have seen enough theater over the years to be on the lookout for more of it.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is a common "Use of Force" model for law enforcement.

As you can see on it when someone is not compliant or cooperative, and the guy was not compliant to verbal commands, the next step up is "tactical" and to use "contact controls" like pushing the person away or otherwise physically creating space. If that fails then it escalates to compliance. That is taking them down physically and restraining them.
    That the guy fell after being pushed was clearly not something the officer expected, and you can hear their conversation afterwards confirming that.

The guy was at fault

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,831 Times in 17,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,597 Times in 4,275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    It looks to me like he was not pushed hard at all....that he either took a flop or he is one some medication that gives him balance control issues.
    he is 75. he was pushed hard enough. That is a fact. Your opinion, while expected to be that, is wrong. You know nothing about his medication. You are flailing to find an excuse where one is not possible. The cops compounded the problem, by walking by as he bled on the concrete.

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    he is 75. he was pushed hard enough. That is a fact. Your opinion, while expected to be that, is wrong. You know nothing about his medication. You are flailing to find an excuse where one is not possible. The cops compounded the problem, by walking by as he bled on the concrete.
    STFU. Hawkeye was trying to be some what polite. The fact is the old liberal was unsteady on this feet. They all are. Young or old. Fuck him.

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,155 Times in 33,858 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

I tried to be polite and did apologize. But there are times when someone needs to be firmly reminded there are stupid questions and statements.
    First reply to me and I have shown you no disrespect. Your opinion of my opinion is disrespectful and not polite. I don’t have much hope for you because in your apology you are impolite once, again.

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,155 Times in 33,858 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is a common "Use of Force" model for law enforcement.

As you can see on it when someone is not compliant or cooperative, and the guy was not compliant to verbal commands, the next step up is "tactical" and to use "contact controls" like pushing the person away or otherwise physically creating space. If that fails then it escalates to compliance. That is taking them down physically and restraining them.
    That the guy fell after being pushed was clearly not something the officer expected, and you can hear their conversation afterwards confirming that.

The guy was at fault
    The police need to be very cognizant of their response to peaceful protestors at this time being that the protest are about abuse by police.

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    I explained all of that satisfactorily. You may disagree, may not like it, but facts are facts.

The police didn't know that guy's age, or his medical condition. How could they possibly know either? All they see is this older, fairly large, male approaching them and not listening to their commands to get back and away from them.
    He instead continues to approach three police officer who clearly are telling him to get away from him. He tries to engage them in conversation or about something in his right hand. Either way, he clearly is not paying attention to the situation he put himself in.
    The one officer pushes him back to create space as they advance. The old man staggers back and falls.

The police do look at him and the officers continue to advance as they are trained, knowing that there are EMT and other officers behind them that will take care of the problem (man). Their focus is on the remaining crowd and protecting the EMT, and the man they now have potentially taken into custody from that crowd. The front line doesn't stop to help the guy because they're not supposed to.

Yet, there seems to be any number of people that simply don't get that that is how police in crowd and riot control operate. The police did what they were supposed to, and if that guy hadn't tried to engage them like he did he wouldn't have been injured as a result of his inappropriate actions.

11. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    The police need to be very cognizant of their response to peaceful protestors at this time being that the protest are about abuse by police.
    I can agree with that. In the Buffalo case, they acted appropriately. Yes, the guy fell and hit his head. EMT looked after him almost immediately. They did what they were trained to do all around. But, some want to blame the police for anything and everything.

Yes, there are bad cops. Yes, some do things they shouldn't or weren't trained to do. This isn't one of those cases. There was no reason to put a knee on Floyd's neck. That was clearly completely wrong and unnecessary.

But, pushing a guy back when he won't move back after repeatedly being told to do so by a line of cops in riot gear is dumbassery on the part of the guy, nothing less. The officer pushed him back firmly as appropriate use of force when the guy didn't comply with verbal instructions. The officer had no way of knowing his actions would knock the man down or that he would hit his head in falling.

The officer acted appropriately. The guy was at fault for not listening to the police.

12. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    NYC calmer as Buffalo police draw ire for protester injury

The latest night of protests in New York City sparked by the death of George Floyd at the hands of police was markedly calmer, while video of a police officer appearing to shove an elderly protester who falls and cracks his head in Buffalo drew widespread condemnation.

Video from WFBO showed a Buffalo police officer appearing to push the 75-year-old man who walked up to police clearing Niagara Square around the 8 p.m. curfew Thursday. The man falls straight backward and hits his head on the pavement, with blood leaking out as officers walk past.

The video quickly went viral on social media, spurring outrage. Buffalo police initially said in a statement that a person “was injured when he tripped & fell,” WIVB-TV reported, but Capt. Jeff Rinaldo later told the TV station that an internal affairs investigation was opened. The police commissioner subsequently suspended two police officers without pay, Mayor Byron Brown said in a statement.

The mayor of the western New York city, who expressed he was “deeply disturbed” by the video, said the unidentified man was in “stable but serious” condition at a hospital.

In this image from video provided by WBFO, a Buffalo police officer appears to shove a man who walked up to police Thursday, June 4, 2020, in Buffalo, N.Y. Video from WBFO shows the man appearing to hit his head on the pavement, with blood leaking out as officers walk past to clear Niagara Square. Buffalo police initially said in a statement that a person “was injured when he tripped & fell,” WIVB-TV reported, but Capt. Jeff Rinaldo later told the TV station that an internal affairs investigation was opened. Police Commissioner Byron Lockwood suspended two officers late Thursday, the mayor’s statement said. (Mike Desmond/WBFO via AP)

It’s inexcusable.

But it also gets the recurrent theme award. What was the old dude thinking?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Stretch (06-05-2020)

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Yup.

Good that they had a volunteer emergency response team.

Now they are going to have to go to a required team. And the ones who think they should not be on the team can quit and go find a job somewhere else. Trump seems to be "creating" lot of jobs for them.
    What will more likely happen is that the emergency response team will be disbanded because the department can't get anyone to be on it--mandatory or volunteer-- That will make things worse when they need such a team. They might contract it out to another department with one instead. Or, they could simply let things escalate in situations where they need one and use state police or even the National Guard instead. Or, the department might simply suit up their untrained officers in riot gear and hope for the best...

When the whole team quits it rarely is because they think the guy getting disciplined deserved it. The usual is they think he didn't and are thinking, instead, I could be next to get punished for doing my job right.
    It doesn't matter what your perception of it is, only what the officer's on that team's perception of how they were treated is in this case.

15. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    It’s inexcusable.

But it also gets the recurrent theme award. What was the old dude thinking?
    I do not know. What was he doing 3 sec into the video? Reaching for the LEO's weapon?

16. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    I do not know. What was he doing 3 sec into the video? Reaching for the LEO's weapon?
    If he was, that’s a big no-no.

If I see heavily armed cops coming my way—I stay out of their way.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Sailor (06-05-2020), Stretch (06-05-2020)

18. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,634 Times in 10,060 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    NYC calmer as Buffalo police draw ire for protester injury

The latest night of protests in New York City sparked by the death of George Floyd at the hands of police was markedly calmer, while video of a police officer appearing to shove an elderly protester who falls and cracks his head in Buffalo drew widespread condemnation.

Video from WFBO showed a Buffalo police officer appearing to push the 75-year-old man who walked up to police clearing Niagara Square around the 8 p.m. curfew Thursday. The man falls straight backward and hits his head on the pavement, with blood leaking out as officers walk past.

The video quickly went viral on social media, spurring outrage. Buffalo police initially said in a statement that a person “was injured when he tripped & fell,” WIVB-TV reported, but Capt. Jeff Rinaldo later told the TV station that an internal affairs investigation was opened. The police commissioner subsequently suspended two police officers without pay, Mayor Byron Brown said in a statement.

The mayor of the western New York city, who expressed he was “deeply disturbed” by the video, said the unidentified man was in “stable but serious” condition at a hospital.

In this image from video provided by WBFO, a Buffalo police officer appears to shove a man who walked up to police Thursday, June 4, 2020, in Buffalo, N.Y. Video from WBFO shows the man appearing to hit his head on the pavement, with blood leaking out as officers walk past to clear Niagara Square. Buffalo police initially said in a statement that a person “was injured when he tripped & fell,” WIVB-TV reported, but Capt. Jeff Rinaldo later told the TV station that an internal affairs investigation was opened. Police Commissioner Byron Lockwood suspended two officers late Thursday, the mayor’s statement said. (Mike Desmond/WBFO via AP)

The Anti-American pinko drama queened the fall too much and paid for it. Like basketball players who put on an act when another player charges.