Members banned from this thread: moon, domer76, Bourbon, Guno צְבִי, John Barron, jacksonsprat22 and Concart

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Let's break down the BLM argument

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Well, how would we know lol?
    Yes. How would we know? White men riot too, especially after their teams lost.

2. The Following 2 Users Groan At AProudLefty For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-05-2020), Irish (06-05-2020)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-05-2020)

4. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I crack up at people who want organizations created to address specific issue to address all issues. The Susan Komen breast cancer organization addresses breast cancer specifically, it doesn’t address any other types of cancer, not because it doesn’t care about other cancer, but because breast cancer is its focus. It’s the same with BLM. Why do stupid racists not understand this?
    I do not want to understand why.

5. The Following 2 Users Groan At AProudLefty For This Awful Post:

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-05-2020)

7. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Wrong again. Most Americans were rather pissed how that went down.

But that isn't my point, and you are just deflecting, but that's not unusual.

Police state? Are you serious? Haven't you read my posts?
    Just who was cheering? Of course the media cheered for the burning and killing of Americans. Middle America? I don't think so.
    "Middle" Americans don't support your "police state," Jack. That's the Dem base.

Bullshit. It does NOT "symbolizes where we are." What it "symbolizes" is that when ONE particular race is unjustly killed,
    it's OK for them to protest and riot. The rest of us must not be as "important" as they are.
    Again, I have no idea where you come up with me supporting your "Police State," find one of my posts supporting it. I'll wait...
    RB: "Police state? Are you serious? Haven't you read my posts?"
    Jack: I don't think ANY of your posts even recognize 'Police Brutality'.

RB: ""Middle" Americans don't support your "police state," Jack."
    Jack: It's not 'my' Police State. It's where America is today, 2020.

RB: "That's the Dem base."
    Jack: See the Problem? You view this through a partisan lens ... "It's the Librul's fault".

RB: "Bullshit. It does NOT "symbolizes where we are." What it "symbolizes" is that when ONE particular race is unjustly killed, it's OK for them to protest and riot.
    Jack: You're missing the Big Picture. The issue is 'Police Brutality'. NOT ... but, but, but niggers.

RB: "Again, I have no idea where you come up with me supporting your "Police State," find one of my posts supporting it. I'll wait..."
    Jack: (smile) This is why I rarely try to engage with you on a topic because of your continual use of the "I Be Stupid" defense.

8. The Following User Groans At Jack For This Awful Post:

Irish (06-05-2020)

9. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,185 Times in 33,874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    I do not want to understand why.
    I just call them what they are anymore and do not try to reason with them, they do not use reason, logic or common sense, there is no excuse for racism, so I don’t deal with them at all anymore.

10. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

Irish (06-05-2020)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

AProudLefty (06-05-2020)

12. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Yes. How would we know? White men riot too, especially after their teams lost.
    And they are called-out as idiots when they do.

How would we know? You tell me lol. BLM is a political *activist* group so we can only judge them by the actions. When some innocent black kid is shot and killed by lawless thugs in one of our urban areas does BLM stage a protest and demand change?

If they do, I’ve yet to see it. So, what am I supposed to think?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (06-05-2020)

14. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How would we know? You tell me lol. BLM is a political *activist* group so we can only judge them by the actions. When some innocent black kid is shot and killed by lawless thugs in one of our urban areas does BLM stage a protest and demand change?

There's a difference between ordinary Citizens killing each other and the killing of Citizens by Police. I'm pretty sure you understand this.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-05-2020)

16. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Pretty sure I know what those pastors and Christians who are "members" of BLM think.

17. The Following User Groans At AProudLefty For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-05-2020)

18. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

saw this awesome quote

"If you believed everyone should be treated by the same rules and judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled as a radical 60 years go, a liberal 30 years ago, and a racist today"
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

19. The Following User Says Thank You to tsuke For This Post:

Irish (06-05-2020)

20. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,670 Times in 16,595 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    There's a difference between ordinary Citizens killing each other and the killing of Citizens by Police. I'm pretty sure you understand this.
    Look at the stats, though...it is something to consider...If BLM were to focus on the unrest in communities, on improving conditions, opportunities, etc. there would be less need for police in those areas....and interactions that could go wrong....Focus on actually helping people....commit to working respectfully with everyone when it comes to race relations....this pandemic would have been the perfect time to step up, help out, and get everyone on a similar page
    If the group is only interested in "projects" such as unfunding LE and causing havoc.... well, we've seen the tragic results here....and all over the country....
    “True pacifism,” or “nonviolent resistance,” King wrote, is “a courageous confrontation of evil by the power of love”. Both “morally and practically” committed to nonviolence, King believed that “the Christian doctrine of love operating through the Gandhian method of nonviolence was one of the most potent weapons available to oppressed people in their struggle for freedom” .
    https://kinginstitute.stanford.edu/e...ia/nonviolence

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Darth Omar (06-05-2020), Earl (06-05-2020), Irish (06-05-2020)

22. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And statistically it’s around 0.01% that a black man will be killed by a white cop.

And the majority of that meager number is comprised of blacks having a run-in with the cops. It’s actually ridiculously easy to NOT get killed by the cops. Just stay out of their way and don’t do things that necessitates an intervention that might require force on the cops part.

So what’s the acceptable statistic? Get down under 0.01% probability and we’re ‘there’ so we can move onto something else?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

24. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Look at the stats, though...it is something to consider...If BLM were to focus on the unrest in communities, on improving conditions, opportunities, etc. there would be less need for police in those areas....and interactions that could go wrong....Focus on actually helping people....commit to working respectfully with everyone when it comes to race relations....this pandemic would have been the perfect time to step up, help out, and get everyone on a similar page
    If the group is only interested in "projects" such as unfunding LE and causing havoc.... well, we've seen the tragic results here....and all over the country....
    “True pacifism,” or “nonviolent resistance,” King wrote, is “a courageous confrontation of evil by the power of love”. Both “morally and practically” committed to nonviolence, King believed that “the Christian doctrine of love operating through the Gandhian method of nonviolence was one of the most potent weapons available to oppressed people in their struggle for freedom” .
    https://kinginstitute.stanford.edu/e...ia/nonviolence
    TOP: "Look at the stats, though...it is something to consider...If BLM were to focus on the unrest in communities, on improving conditions, opportunities, etc. ..............."
    Jack: Unrealistic to think BLM is going to end Poverty. Your comment is a distraction from the issue of 'Police Brutality'.

TOP: "If the group is only interested in "projects" such as unfunding LE and causing havoc.... well, we've seen the tragic results here....and all over the country...."
    Jack: The group is interested in ending Police Brutality.

TOP: "“True pacifism,” or “nonviolent resistance,” King wrote, is “a courageous confrontation of evil by the power of love”. "
    Jack: Cool.

TOP: "Both “morally and practically” committed to nonviolence, King believed that “the Christian doctrine of love operating through the Gandhian method of nonviolence was one of the most potent weapons available to oppressed people in their struggle for freedom” ."
    Jack: So you support the Movement.

25. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And statistically it’s around 0.01% that a black man will be killed by a white cop.

And the majority of that meager number is comprised of blacks having a run-in with the cops. It’s actually ridiculously easy to NOT get killed by the cops. Just stay out of their way and don’t do things that necessitates an intervention that might require force on the cops part.

So what’s the acceptable statistic? Get down under 0.01% probability and we’re ‘there’ so we can move onto something else?
    Do you plan on ever addressing Police Conduct?

26. The Following 2 Users Groan At Jack For This Awful Post:

27. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Pretty sure I know what those pastors and Christians who are "members" of BLM think.
    Those are ‘the good Christians’ aren’t they lol.

I’ve seen too many radical Christians to accept that as evidence. Isn’t Reverend Al Sharpton a Christian pastor? The Right Reverend Wright—Obama’s pastor was a little ‘out there’ ideologically. So much so, Obama was forced to put some daylight between his own self and Rev Wright.

Then there’s Calypso Louie Farrakhan. I’m not even sure what he is lol. A practitioner of The Sacred Loonery, perhaps. The more politically active religionists get the more skeptical I am of them—that includes Christians.

The fact BLM has politically active pastors doesn’t mean much to me.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (06-05-2020)

29. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Indeed.

30. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,670 Times in 16,595 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

TOP: "Look at the stats, though...it is something to consider...If BLM were to focus on the unrest in communities, on improving conditions, opportunities, etc. ..............."
    Jack: Unrealistic to think BLM is going to end Poverty. Your comment is a distraction from the issue of 'Police Brutality'.

TOP: "If the group is only interested in "projects" such as unfunding LE and causing havoc.... well, we've seen the tragic results here....and all over the country...."
    Jack: The group is interested in ending Police Brutality.

TOP: "“True pacifism,” or “nonviolent resistance,” King wrote, is “a courageous confrontation of evil by the power of love”. "
    Jack: Cool.

TOP: "Both “morally and practically” committed to nonviolence, King believed that “the Christian doctrine of love operating through the Gandhian method of nonviolence was one of the most potent weapons available to oppressed people in their struggle for freedom” ."
    Jack: So you support the Movement.
    Perhaps it's time for the group to expand their horizons....they're "working to end police brutality"...in what is now the ruins of their very own communities/cities....
    No one expects them to end poverty...just to help people rise....certainly not to make it worse....