Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello new here

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 829 Times in 788 Posts

Default Hello new here

Hi everyone! And, no, I'm not Doctor Nick from the Simpsons...

Anyway, new member. Politically, I'm independent leaning slightly conservative but certainly not a "Right-winger." I have several longtime friends that are the TEA party type, and most of their politics make me cringe. On the other hand, I know some pretty hardcore Progressives / Leftists and we just agree to disagree and don't bother discussing things at all.

I will add that I try to be excruciatingly polite in my posts. I also tend to point out regularly the logical fallacies in other posts so, you can expect that from me.

Some areas I have considerable knowledge (I hate the word "expert") in include military history, engineering, technology, and science. On things like the Green movement, I want what works and that almost entirely excludes the Left's version of what I call Gorebal Warming and the New Green Agenda. You can expect in those subjects to get hit with lots of science and math sort of answers.

I shouldn't ramble on too long though. So that's at least a bit of an introduction about me.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (06-05-2020), Jack (06-04-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,334 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I'm independent leaning slightly conservative but certainly not a "Right-winger."
    What is a "right winger?"

I have several longtime friends that are the TEA party type, and most of their politics make me cringe.
    What part of Taxed Enough Already makes you cringe?

I will add that I try to be excruciatingly polite in my posts. I also tend to point out regularly the logical fallacies in other posts so, you can expect that from me.
    We shall see.

So that's at least a bit of an introduction about me.
    Welcome aboard!
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,126 Times in 9,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

Anyway, new member. Politically, I'm independent leaning slightly conservative but certainly not a "Right-winger." I have several longtime friends that are the TEA party type, and most of their politics make me cringe. On the other hand, I know some pretty hardcore Progressives / Leftists and we just agree to disagree and don't bother discussing things at all.

Some areas I have considerable knowledge (I hate the word "expert") in include military history, engineering, technology, and science. On things like the Green movement, I want what works and that almost entirely excludes the Left's version of what I call Gorebal Warming and the New Green Agenda. You can expect in those subjects to get hit with lots of science and math sort of answers.

I shouldn't ramble on too long though. So that's at least a bit of an introduction about me.
    where are you on the new world order?

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Welcome
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    where are you on the new world order?
    I suppose in part it depends on what version of that you mean, but most of the use of that term is more conspiracy theory than reality. On the other hand, I do think that any version of a one-world government would end in a totalitarian dictatorship of the worst sort imaginable as it would give absolute power to a few who would become sooner or later as corrupt as corrupt can be.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

You seem intelligent, articulate, and well educated. You probably won't last very long here.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I suppose in part it depends on what version of that you mean, but most of the use of that term is more conspiracy theory than reality. On the other hand, I do think that any version of a one-world government would end in a totalitarian dictatorship of the worst sort imaginable as it would give absolute power to a few who would become sooner or later as corrupt as corrupt can be.
    what's theoretical about bankers and large corporations controlling governments?

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

what's theoretical about bankers and large corporations controlling governments?
    Bankers and large corporations don't "control" governments. They can influence them. They can exert significant influence. But they don't control them. Neither can place their people in positions of power within a government. They can donate to influence politicians but that's different from a politician being nothing but an employee who does their bidding.
    Of course, political action groups, unions, various special interests, and even the rich can do exactly the same. That is, they all use money to buy access and influence politicians.
    What you imply is that these groups actually control a politician by that politician being what might be called "their man." That is, they can tell the politician what to do and how to vote and that will happen.
    That's nonsense. Instead, politicians pander to a wide variety of groups that align with their own party politics and positions. They get money as influence to vote a particular way on a particular bill. The ability of various groups to assert that influence depends on a number of factors involving the personality and personal position of the politician. That is to say, some politicians can be more readily bought or influenced than others. Some are more corrupt, some less.

Your vague position is largely an ill-defined irrelevance.

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Bankers and large corporations don't "control" governments. They can influence them. They can exert significant influence. But they don't control them. Neither can place their people in positions of power within a government. They can donate to influence politicians but that's different from a politician being nothing but an employee who does their bidding.
    Of course, political action groups, unions, various special interests, and even the rich can do exactly the same. That is, they all use money to buy access and influence politicians.
    What you imply is that these groups actually control a politician by that politician being what might be called "their man." That is, they can tell the politician what to do and how to vote and that will happen.
    That's nonsense. Instead, politicians pander to a wide variety of groups that align with their own party politics and positions. They get money as influence to vote a particular way on a particular bill. The ability of various groups to assert that influence depends on a number of factors involving the personality and personal position of the politician. That is to say, some politicians can be more readily bought or influenced than others. Some are more corrupt, some less.

Your vague position is largely an ill-defined irrelevance.
    but really its just your opposition to it that's theoretical. you refuse to acknowledge its reality even when it staring you in the face. theoretically you WOULD give a damn, but in reality you don't.

you're full of shit. you're globalist anti human trash. game. set. match.

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

state capture is indeed, quite complete, regardless of lies.

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

but really its just your opposition to it that's theoretical. you refuse to acknowledge its reality even when it staring you in the face. theoretically you WOULD give a damn, but in reality you don't.

you're full of shit. you're globalist anti human trash. game. set. match.
    Thank you for the gratuitous ad hominem

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thank you for the gratuitous ad hominem
    you've proven your a fraud. you're against it, but you wont acknowledge it. you're a fraud. the truth does sting, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. face your deception and do better.

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What is a "right winger?"
    You.

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Expect trolls and insults. Truth Detector for example.

Welcome aboard!

16. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    You seem intelligent, articulate, and well educated. You probably won't last very long here.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."