Thread: Yellowstone volcano: Earthquake swarm blasts National Park - fears supervolcano may e

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,599 Times in 9,131 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default Yellowstone volcano: Earthquake swarm blasts National Park - fears supervolcano may e

Yellowstone volcano: Earthquake swarm blasts National Park - fears supervolcano may erupt

I wasn't aware it was acting up, if erupts this is bad news, will make Mount Saint Helen's look like a firecracker?!!

Yellowstone is a large caldera and there will be devastation over a wide area too?!!

And some social media users said they were fearful the increased activity around Yellowstone could be a sign the supervolcano is set to blow.

One person wrote on Twitter: "Multiple earthquakes within 24 hours at Yellowstone... this is for real our last year on Earth so make it count."

Another person added: "Yellow stone have [SIC] had multiple earthquakes in the last 24 hours too. Which is overdue an eruption. That will be bad."

A third posted: "Yellowstone Supervolcano looking at 2020 ready to go off for 60 points in game 5 to close out the series."

Another tweeted: "Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the Yellowstone supervolcano, which is already 40,000 years overdue for an explosion, erupts this year and we all die.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...-park-eruption

The Russians are considering targeting Yellowstone too, in case of a nuclear attack on the US?!!

https://www.smh.com.au/world/russian...31-1mbl14.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (06-04-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    Yellowstone volcano: Earthquake swarm blasts National Park - fears supervolcano may erupt

I wasn't aware it was acting up, if erupts this is bad news, will make Mount Saint Helen's look like a firecracker?!!

Yellowstone is a large caldera and there will be devastation over a wide area too?!!

And some social media users said they were fearful the increased activity around Yellowstone could be a sign the supervolcano is set to blow.

One person wrote on Twitter: "Multiple earthquakes within 24 hours at Yellowstone... this is for real our last year on Earth so make it count."

Another person added: "Yellow stone have [SIC] had multiple earthquakes in the last 24 hours too. Which is overdue an eruption. That will be bad."

A third posted: "Yellowstone Supervolcano looking at 2020 ready to go off for 60 points in game 5 to close out the series."

Another tweeted: "Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the Yellowstone supervolcano, which is already 40,000 years overdue for an explosion, erupts this year and we all die.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...-park-eruption

The Russians are considering targeting Yellowstone too, in case of a nuclear attack on the US?!!

https://www.smh.com.au/world/russian...31-1mbl14.html

Well, it's something always worrying some. I wouldn't jump to fear because of that sensationalist tabloid story though. It's going both ways. https://newatlas.com/science/yellows...uper-eruption/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Charoite For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (06-04-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thanks, Trump.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,302 Times in 53,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    Well, it's something always worrying some. I wouldn't jump to fear because of that sensationalist tabloid story though. It's going both ways. https://newatlas.com/science/yellows...uper-eruption/
    So the Apocalypse is canceled, again? I wonder if we can get our money back for the fallout-and-ash-and-virus-proof bunker.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,599 Times in 9,131 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

If Yellowstone erupt's, it will takeout a lot of America's breadbasket states too?!!

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Bummer!
    Visiting Yellowstone was on my 'Things to Do List' before I checked out.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Must be all Trumps fault

Well the killer hornets did t do it

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Bummer!
    Visiting Yellowstone was on my 'Things to Do List' before I checked out.
    Hardly worth it, all things considering. It was the least enjoyable part of or vacation and was quite taxing. It kind of gives places like Disney World a run for the money in the overpacked spectacle department. Waiting to park was a usual occurrence even trying for when they open. Luckily Mom had her handicap sticker. Basically shuffling along boardwalks to see this and that. I was happy to see a lot of the more petite Asian tourists because the number of people on these bridges and boardwalks brought to mind weight limits. Best part was the wildlife.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Charoite For This Post:

Jack (06-04-2020)

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    Hardly worth it, all things considering. It was the least enjoyable part of or vacation and was quite taxing. It kind of gives places like Disney World a run for the money in the overpacked spectacle department. Waiting to park was a usual occurrence even trying for when they open. Luckily Mom had her handicap sticker. Basically shuffling along boardwalks to see this and that. I was happy to see a lot of the more petite Asian tourists because the number of people on these bridges and boardwalks brought to mind weight limits. Best part was the wildlife.
    Thanks, CrocMan.
    I've heard about the overcrowding.
    Maybe the time to go is during the coronavirus pandemic?

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,242 Times in 13,389 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

If it does erupt, at least it will shut the Gorebal Warming (aka Climate Change) crowd up about anthropogenic CO2 being a problem...

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Its been acting up for a couple years. This is news to you ?
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.