Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Biden Proposes Training Cops to Shoot Attackers in the Leg to Reduce Fatalities

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Anecdotals don't really help, I can find just as many opposite cases. statistics are needed, how do we get that? Change the ROE like we did in Iraq, Obama's ROE was an abysmal failure so we changed it.

as for putting tazer away and drawing weapon, that's risk of the job as well as training as well as if there is backup, yes, one on one, I can see the need to use a firearm over a taser, but if there are like 20 officers there and the guy is not advancing shooting him is innapropriate. even if just two officers were there.
    If it were just one incident, then yes, it would be anecdotal. But it's far from a single incident. How much time do you actually spend watching badge cam video? I watch some just about every day. As well as video of civilian defensive encounters. Police often go to extraordinary lengths to avoid killing perpetrators. It's my understanding that data actually shows officer-involved shootings are going down, not up.
    Every life matters

2. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Earl (06-03-2020)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,570 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    If it were just one incident, then yes, it would be anecdotal. But it's far from a single incident. How much time do you actually spend watching badge cam video? I watch some just about every day. As well as video of civilian defensive encounters. Police often go to extraordinary lengths to avoid killing perpetrators. It's my understanding that data actually shows officer-involved shootings are going down, not up.
    the people are in the streets because police violence has been epidemic. It is institutionalized brutality done by bigots and haters. The police departments need to be cleaned out. They need to be responsible for what they do. I advocate the cop involved in a lawsuit for violence pay a percentage of the judgement. Detroit had to pay off 3 different 1 million dollar law suits caused by one cop. He should have paid too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Jack (06-03-2020)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    the people are in the streets because police violence has been epidemic. It is institutionalized brutality done by bigots and haters. The police departments need to be cleaned out. They need to be responsible for what they do. I advocate the cop involved in a lawsuit for violence pay a percentage of the judgement. Detroit had to pay off 3 different 1 million dollar law suits caused by one cop. He should have paid too.
    So why didn't the Democrat mayor of Minneapolis clean up the police department? Same with Detroit, Democrat mayor. I'm sensing a pattern here.
    Every life matters

6. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Earl (06-03-2020)

7. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So why didn't the Democrat mayor of Minneapolis clean up the police department? Same with Detroit, Democrat mayor. I'm sensing a pattern here.
    Yeah, the police have the power in every city. That is the pattern. The people are simple. Tell them you can make the cities safer by allowing the cops to brutalize citizens, and they will buy what they think is security. They believe the cops will brutalize "others". But cops are not that disciplined.
    They cannot turn it off. They are clubbing and attacking peaceful citizens on the streets. They wear protective gear, carry mace, tear gas, and clubs. The people are standing in T shirts and shorts.How can a man do that ?

8. The Following User Groans At Nordberg For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-03-2020)

9. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yeah, the police have the power in every city. That is the pattern. The people are simple. Tell them you can make the cities safer by allowing the cops to brutalize citizens, and they will buy what they think is security. They believe the cops will brutalize "others". But cops are not that disciplined.
    They cannot turn it off. They are clubbing and attacking peaceful citizens on the streets. They wear protective gear, carry mace, tear gas, and clubs. The people are standing in T shirts and shorts.How can a man do that ?
    Mayors have no power over police forces? Lol.

Every life matters

10. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Earl (06-03-2020)

11. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

When I was growing up, police said halt and fired a warning shot. It stopped people. If they had to shoot again, they went for hurting them .not killing them. Now, police empty their guns into potential criminals. The cops I knew said it eliminated the countering information. The incident is what the cops say it is.
    Exactly correct. Lot easier to get away with murder when there is only one side of the story to be told.

12. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

When I was growing up, police said halt and fired a warning shot. It stopped people. If they had to shoot again, they went for hurting them .not killing them. Now, police empty their guns into potential criminals. The cops I knew said it eliminated the countering information. The incident is what the cops say it is.

body cams solve this.

13. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,400 Times in 6,147 Posts
    Blog Entries

When they're activated.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

14. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I stream shit all the time, we replay incidents for police in our jits school. so there are a million officers making how much contact every single day, how many incidents have you seen. Remember the mortality rate among police is almost the same as civillians, its a far less dangerous job than we are told.

yes, almost all cops will go to extrodinary measures to protect citizens, even the ones they are arresting, but there are training tactics and bad apples that need to change and be weeded out.

15. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    When they're activated.

Should be a felony to deactivate.

16. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Wounding a person is preferable to pumping 8 shots into him.
    Course, you could get sued if the person is alive. So ... the practice of emptying your gun into the person is the standard practice.
    What was a weak-ass response from Biden who was one of the architects of a horrible crime bill.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...minal-justice/
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    What was a weak-ass response from Biden who was one of the architects of a horrible crime bill.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...minal-justice/
    Well, you could vote for Trump. (?)

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

body cams solve this.
    So they turn them off. But that was the reason the cams were started.If a cop turns it off, he should be assumed guilty. he has something to hide.
    What has made the difference is cameras on phones. The people are filming cop abuse. That is what happened this time.

19. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I stream shit all the time, we replay incidents for police in our jits school. so there are a million officers making how much contact every single day, how many incidents have you seen. Remember the mortality rate among police is almost the same as civillians, its a far less dangerous job than we are told.

yes, almost all cops will go to extrodinary measures to protect citizens, even the ones they are arresting, but there are training tactics and bad apples that need to change and be weeded out.
    I've watched hundreds of OIS incidents, and hundreds, at least, of civilian self defense incidents. After seeing all of these incidents, I simply cannot agree with your assessment. Do you have a reliable source for your assertions? Not doubting you, just interested in seeing the stats.
    Every life matters

20. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Minn. top cop was supposed to be doing that, but the power of the police force in cities makes them immune to change. The police have lots of power. Many, many top cops tried to change the departments and were rebuked. They do not have the needed power. Even the power of the people has failed in fixing them. Getting cameras on the police was as big a victory as anyone ever had.
    I don't think this event will get real change either. I have no idea what will work. Fire them all and start over....I know, that will not happen.