Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which charge against Chauvin and the 3 other cops will put them in prison?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    ?????
    I'll try the Cliff Notes version.
    4 guys took him down, sat on him, would not respond to his call for help, he died.
    Short enough?
    Every person alive knows they will be charged with SOMETHING.....just wondering what others in here might think the final charges will be.
    From your OP....

The whole thing became premeditated after 1 minute of having him cuffed, placed on the ground and
    under control. Murder 1 in my mind. But, would a jury see it that way? If it becomes too much to ask for,
    those creeps might skate altogether.
    First degree murder????

Really?????

They got together and planned in advance to kill the guy????

Creeps????

Do you hate cops?

Sounds like it to me.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

Life is Golden (06-01-2020), Truth Detector (06-02-2020)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    tell it to the riots/looters
    Well played!
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

tell it to the riots/looters
    Criminals are going to be criminals- at least until they are caught and convicted.

That goes for criminal cops as well BTW.

It seems everything was pretty peaceful before the Police murdered a man in front of everyone.

Then the shit hit the fan again. And here we are!

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    From your OP....

First degree murder????

Really?????

They got together and planned in advance to kill the guy????

Creeps????

Do you hate cops?

Sounds like it to me.
    Read it again. Premeditation doesn't have to mean "cooked up waaaaaaay in advance." That's why
    I typed, "The whole thing became premeditated after 1 minute.

And, I think "creeps" is a pretty mild word to use on these 4 guys for what they did.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

More speculation and assumption.

Nobody has heard the official, DETAILED report of what happened, or seen any body cam video, etc, etc.

Nobody has heard the cops tell their side of the story, assuming they have one.

Same shit that always happens in these situations.

Everybody becomes an expert ready to share their keen, unique insight.
    pain in abortion.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

whatever the charge, add 15 years for civil rights violation, and that's federal time
    Just as there are mitigating circumstances to lessen the penalty there are also aggravating circumstances to increase them. Im sure some of them will apply.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"I watched a video so I know all there is to know"
    C'MON MAN!!!!

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Read it again. Premeditation doesn't have to mean "cooked up waaaaaaay in advance." That's why
    I typed,
    "The whole thing became premeditated after 1 minute.

And, I think "creeps" is a pretty mild word to use on these 4 guys for what they did.
    Explain how you have managed to determine what was in the minds of the officers without yet even having heard them speak or any of the evidence either for or against them?

I would be interested to know how you know certain things that common sense tells one cannot be known without an in depth examination of all the facts.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, then you saw it as it was happening...video and audio.
    pain in abortion.

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Explain how you have managed to determine what was in the minds of the officers without yet even having heard them speak or any of the evidence either for or against them?

I would be interested to know how you know certain things that common sense tells one cannot be known without an in depth examination of all the facts.
    You saw it. You heard it. Chauvin kept taunting Floyd with "get up! get up!".
    Chauvin knew he could not because he and the 3 others were on top of him. You heard it...right there in the video.
    pain in abortion.

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, then you saw it as it was happening...video and audio.
    A video is not necessarily the be all and end all proof in a situation like this one.
    `
    The video doesn't measure the amount of force or pressure being applied to Floyd's body.

If you look closely at the video where Floyd is saying he couldn't breathe, you can see him moving his head and neck while Chauvin's knee appears to relax a bit, allowing the movement to occur.

I'm not saying this totally exonerates him, but it does suggest he possibly wasn't acting as brutally or crushing Floyd's windpipe as has been suggested.

Point is, we still don't know enough to make the kinds of pronouncements everyone is making.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You saw it. You heard it. Chauvin kept taunting Floyd with "get up! get up!".
    Chauvin knew he could not because he and the 3 others were on top of him. You heard it...right there in the video.
    When have the words "get up! get up!" ever killed anyone?

Remember, that is what this is all about, not what Chauvin said to him.

Had he said "you are going to die because I'm going to kill you right here", well then that would have been altogether different.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A video is not necessarily the be all and end all proof in a situation like this one.
    `
    The video doesn't measure the amount of force or pressure being applied to Floyd's body.

If you look closely at the video where Floyd is saying he couldn't breathe, you can see him moving his head and neck while Chauvin's knee appears to relax a bit, allowing the movement to occur.

I'm not saying this totally exonerates him, but it does suggest he possibly wasn't acting as brutally or crushing Floyd's windpipe as has been suggested.

Point is, we still don't know enough to make the kinds of pronouncements everyone is making.
    And, the 3 guys on his back?
    Oxygen does not just come from your windpipe. It's all been explained earlier. He wasn't in the best shape anyway.
    Any small constant pressure on arteries delivering oxygen in the blood to brain can be fatal. His rib cage couldn't
    expand and contract from the weight of the other 3 cops, etc.
    pain in abortion.

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Do you think the 4 cops were unaware of Floyd's distress? Did they not know death can occur
    with forced pressure to the back and neck? Maybe they weren't properly trained? They could claim
    ignorance on the topic I suppose.
    It's either that or they knew exactly what they were doing and didn't ease up even after he was deceased.
    I'm just interested in what people think as to which charges will be brought.

(And, I'm not a proponent of ropes, electric chairs or lethal injections...just not a fan of the death penalty)
    I think they lost situational awareness in large part because they were poorly trained.

I know that I demand a fair trial.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

16. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,599 Times in 4,277 Posts

I don't think they planned on killing him, they just didn't care if it happened. They abuse people regularly. They have names for the people they abuse like the military had gooks, slants, Krauts and other names that takes away their humanity. Police forces are the next jobs for those we train to kill with impunity.