Thread: A Little Comic Relief In trump's America

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Sure you don't. Because it doesn't happen to you.
    hahahaha...
    I've been 'Stopped & Frisked' many times. Not only do they search your person, they take your wallet, hand you the money to hold, and then take everything out of your wallet looking for who knows what.
    I've been arrested at a Bus Stop for looking like a suspect in a robbery, taken to Jail, fingerprinted and Mug shot, held in Jail overnight, and released the next day. When I asked if they were going to take me back to the Bus Stop where I was at, they said "No".
    Spare me your Elitist attitude, Snowflake.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

anatta (06-01-2020)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

See...here's what you refuse to accept. His Fed badge gives him the right to do exactly what he did. He questioned the cop's motives, and even went so far as to show the cop how stupid he is by calling him 'Jake'.

He must be Jake, because he looks like Jake.

See the logic? Why didn't the cop pull out his ID to prove he isn't Jake?
    The Cops have a Job to do. You can cooperate with them and make things easy for them and you, or you can waste their time and act like a clown.

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,092 Times in 25,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    hahahahahahahaha ...
    Yeah. The smart thing to do is to start quizzing them. Like, who do they think they are anyway! Just because they are the Police doesn't give them any right to ask you any questions or approach you in any manner.

A Video was posted of Police asking a guy for his ID. Which is the appropriate response:
    1. Show the Police your ID.
    2. Refuse to produce your ID, call the Police 'stupid', keep arguing while the Police handcuff you, find your ID, check your ID, then release you.

This isn't a tough one, Christy. I'm pretty sure you can come up with the right answer.
    I don't want to misunderstand you, so are you saying that if the police come up to you for any reason and ask for ID, you must comply? If I were like the guy in the video, just sitting outside a cafe minding my own business and the cops came and asked to see ID, I sure as heck would ask why. And if they gave a reasonable answer I'd do it but if they refused or got snippy with me, I would ask a lot of questions.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Althea (06-02-2020), AProudLefty (06-01-2020)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What does this have to do with cops demanding to see ID?
    I know you're not in the UK now but it looks like thousands of Brits can't be wrong, from this article.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-52868465

― Charles Dickens

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Grajonca View Post
    Sadiq Khan forced the Met Police to drastically scale back stop and search in London, surprise surprise, knife crime and acid attacks went through the roof.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...-rise-in-knife
    I found this from the Daily Mail. Looks like a lot more is going on than just scaling back stop and search.

London's 'under-resourced and over-stretched' police force needs to recruit officers quickly, Sadiq Khan warned the Prime Minister. The Mayor of London said the Metropolitan police needs to employ more officers 'much, more quicker' than Boris Johnson's pledge of 20,000 over three years.

Some 21,000 police officers have already been lost under consecutive Conservative governments and the 'preventative side' such as youth clubs have been slashed. This has fuelled the rise in knife crime, Mr Khan told broadcaster Iain Dale during an interview appearance at the Edinburgh Fringe.

Mr Khan said: 'We've got fewer police officers now than any time since 2003, while the population has risen by two million.

'Are the police worried about the lack of numbers? The answer is yes.

'Our police work so hard. They are under-resourced and over-stretched.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-epidemic.html

― Charles Dickens

8. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Althea (06-02-2020)

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I found this from the Daily Mail. Looks like a lot more is going on than just scaling back stop and search.

London's 'under-resourced and over-stretched' police force needs to recruit officers quickly, Sadiq Khan warned the Prime Minister. The Mayor of London said the Metropolitan police needs to employ more officers 'much, more quicker' than Boris Johnson's pledge of 20,000 over three years.

Some 21,000 police officers have already been lost under consecutive Conservative governments and the 'preventative side' such as youth clubs have been slashed. This has fuelled the rise in knife crime, Mr Khan told broadcaster Iain Dale during an interview appearance at the Edinburgh Fringe.

Mr Khan said: 'We've got fewer police officers now than any time since 2003, while the population has risen by two million.

'Are the police worried about the lack of numbers? The answer is yes.

'Our police work so hard. They are under-resourced and over-stretched.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-epidemic.html
    Big deal Khan has been saying that for years to excuse his uselessness. He was responsible for halting stop and search and knife attacks went through the roof. Once they were reinstated, knife crime went down along with acid attacks, funny that! Both my sons lived in London, my eldest still does, they will give you chapter and verse on that. Oh and numbers are being increased but I might remind you that London has only slightly less police than New York. Maybe it's time to arm them?

London

31,075 full time
    1731 special constables
    1450 PCSOs

New York

36,000 including nearly 3000 traffic cops
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 06-01-2020 at 09:29 PM.

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

What does this have to do with cops demanding to see ID?
    I know you're not in the UK now but it looks like thousands of Brits can't be wrong, from this article.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-52868465
    Oh give me a break those buggers turn out for anything, until CV-19 London had demos nearly every day of the week. By the way I've a feeling that Khan is toast and Shaun Bailey will become mayor. I bet you've never heard of him but you will soon enough! He is a black Conservative that wants to take back the streets, Khan is bloody useless all bullshit and bluster.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12...on-latest-news
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 06-01-2020 at 10:38 PM.

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

The Cops have a Job to do. You can cooperate with them and make things easy for them and you, or you can waste their time and act like a clown.
    good response. asking for an ID is not a heavy lift or a threat to your civil rights..just produce it and move on

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Jack (06-01-2020), PostmodernProphet (06-02-2020)

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't want to misunderstand you, so are you saying that if the police come up to you for any reason and ask for ID, you must comply? If I were like the guy in the video, just sitting outside a cafe minding my own business and the cops came and asked to see ID, I sure as heck would ask why. And if they gave a reasonable answer I'd do it but if they refused or got snippy with me, I would ask a lot of questions.
    I'm assuming the Police have a Job to do, and if they approach me and ask to see my ID, I would not have a problem with showing them my ID. I'm as interested as they are in finding Crooks, Rapists, and Murderers. I have nothing to hide. I support a Civil society.
    Now, must you comply? No. You can act like a Clown like the guy in the Video. You can waste their time and make their job more difficult than it already is.

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    good response. asking for an ID is not a heavy lift or a threat to your civil rights..just produce it and move on
    Yes. Most Citizens want to live in a civil society and feel the Police are hired to insure safety and security for everyone. I support a civil society.

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

See...here's what you refuse to accept. His Fed badge gives him the right to do exactly what he did. He questioned the cop's motives, and even went so far as to show the cop how stupid he is by calling him 'Jake'.

He must be Jake, because he looks like Jake.

See the logic? Why didn't the cop pull out his ID to prove he isn't Jake?
    The bolded was brilliant. Ultimately, he showed identification and was released. Still, it was brilliant.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

Althea (06-02-2020)

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,734 Times in 14,330 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

hahahaha...
    I've been 'Stopped & Frisked' many times. Not only do they search your person, they take your wallet, hand you the money to hold, and then take everything out of your wallet looking for who knows what.
    I've been arrested at a Bus Stop for looking like a suspect in a robbery, taken to Jail, fingerprinted and Mug shot, held in Jail overnight, and released the next day. When I asked if they were going to take me back to the Bus Stop where I was at, they said "No".
    Sure you have. Looks like showing your ID did no good, eh?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes. Most Citizens want to live in a civil society and feel the Police are hired to insure safety and security for everyone. I support a civil society.
    Nazi Germany was civil society by your standards.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

19. The Following User Groans At Althea For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-02-2020)

20. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,756 Times in 33,625 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Pretty easy to hand the Cops your ID without all the DumbShit.
    Why didn’t they ask for it at the beginning? A black man reaching for his ID has been fatal in other cases. He knew they were in the wrong. He was treating them no differently than he was being treated.

21. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

hahahaha ...
    I don't view being asked for your ID as harassment.
    'Stop & Frisk' is harassment. Just random Citizens being stopped and searched for no other reason than to 'Maintain Order'.
    hahahaha...
    You're going to have to make up your mind, snowflake. So you were guilty as charged? No wonder they stopped you in the first place.