Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I wonder who ‘they’ could possibly be?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,028 Times in 6,749 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,813 Times in 1,679 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    What do the statistics say?

Do cops wrongly kill more blacks people than white people? Statistically, who kills the most black people?
    Do you REALLY think there is equal treatment under the law for black communities in America?

Really really?

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Who said they were?

What has been said is that there might be right wing extreme groups involved in the disturbances for the purpose of instigating violence to flip a peaceful protest into a riot. The key, as the Governor and Mayor said, is there are perhaps an array of outside groups intent on violence involved along side of the peaceful protesters

And of course the “they” are Antifa, and Antifa is largely a website on the dark web
    Well, can we see some actual evidence of these white supremacists at these riots?

There are no shortage of Antifa types.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (06-01-2020), Sailor (06-01-2020)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,535 Times in 17,827 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,236 Times in 3,040 Posts
    Blog Entries

Who said anything about anyone being arrested?

And even there they did say there were a small percent from out of the area, it doesn’t take many to turn a protest into a riot, actually just a handful
    He acknowledged that there were a few out of town anarchists with the majority being in-town anarchists.

In-town or out of town anarchists are anarchists...and domestic terrorists.
    Last edited by Earl; 06-01-2020 at 10:47 AM.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Do you REALLY think there is equal treatment under the law for black communities in America?

Really really?
    Spare the emotional appeal.

Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (06-01-2020)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Spare the emotional appeal.

There are a LOT of stats. Which do you want?

In a study of 100 million police stops, black drivers were 20% more likely to get pulled over. And this is consistent with anecdotal evidence in other areas, like stop & frisk.

Millions of people aren't making this up, Darth. The black community does not currently get equal treatment under the law. As I've said on other threads - this is somewhat understandable. We are barely a generation removed from civil rights. We've made great strides. But to claim that we're "there" is pure ignorance.

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

"Before the protests began, organizers of certain anarchists groups set out to raise bail money and people who would be responsible to be raising bail money, they set out to recruit medics and medical teams with gear to deploy in anticipation of violent interactions with police," Miller said.

He added, "They prepared to commit property damage and directed people who were following them that this should be done selectively and only in wealthier areas or at high-end stores run by corporate entities."

Without specifying who "they" are, Miller said the agitators "developed a complex network of bicycle scouts to move ahead of demonstrators in different directions of where police were and where police were not for purposes of being able to direct groups from the larger group to places where they could commit acts of vandalism including the torching of police vehicles and Molotov cocktails where they thought officers would not be."

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...vance/2440722/

Any guesses who ‘they’ are?
    Very interesting.

Why guess when this is obviously information officials chose not to release, probably due to ongoing investigations?

One thing is clear: These are people who oppose law and order, and choose to work outside the political system. Trouble makers with extremist ideas.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello archives,

Who said they were?

What has been said is that there might be right wing extreme groups involved in the disturbances for the purpose of instigating violence to flip a peaceful protest into a riot. The key, as the Governor and Mayor said, is there are perhaps an array of outside groups intent on violence involved along side of the peaceful protesters

And of course the “they” are Antifa, and Antifa is largely a website on the dark web
    Why does the 'they' have to be all one group?

I see no logic in making that assumption.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There are a LOT of stats. Which do you want?

In a study of 100 million police stops, black drivers were 20% more likely to get pulled over. And this is consistent with anecdotal evidence in other areas, like stop & frisk.

Millions of people aren't making this up, Darth. The black community does not currently get equal treatment under the law. As I've said on other threads - this is somewhat understandable. We are barely a generation removed from civil rights. We've made great strides. But to claim that we're "there" is pure ignorance.
    There are a lot or stats and most of them are murky because it’s hard to separate data from high crime areas from areas with low crime. Cops working a rough urban area is going to pull over and interact with a disproportionate number of minorities. That can skew the data.

I’m not saying some degree of structural racism doesn’t exist in at least some police forces [almost certainly does] but I’m skeptical that it’s as pervasive as some suggest.

And all this rioting and destruction has occurred and we *still don’t know* if Floyd’s race was a factor in his interaction with the cops.

That’s insane. Literally.

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Well, can we see some actual evidence of these white supremacists at these riots?

There are no shortage of Antifa types.
    It is more likely that the trouble-makers are not all one group.

Also,

If white nationalists wanted to go blend in there with the purpose to commit vandalism to try to make it look like Floyd protestors are violent, they are not going to be carrying their confederate flags.

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There are a lot or stats and most of them are murky because it’s hard to separate data from high crime areas from areas with low crime. Cops working a rough urban area is going to pull over and interact with a disproportionate number of minorities. That can skew the data.

I’m not saying some degree of structural racism doesn’t exist in at least some police forces [almost certainly does] but I’m skeptical that it’s as pervasive as some suggest.

And all this rioting and destruction has occurred and we *still don’t know* if Floyd’s race was a factor in his interaction with the cops.

That’s insane. Literally.
    Not really. Floyd's death was a trigger, but the protests are about the more widespread perception of unequal treatment.

I think that video was all too familiar for some. And symbolic, in a way - law enforcement stepping on the neck of the community, keeping it down.

I don't care if you think that's far-fetched. The frustration is real. The anger is real. It's pent up over decades - well beyond this incident. It's a group of people saying "enough."

We should all listen & get in the conversation with that in mind. We can work together to end this, or ignore it & guarantee more of this kind of angry expression in the future.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-01-2020)

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,370 Times in 9,419 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

It is more likely that the trouble-makers are not all one group.

Also,

If white nationalists wanted to go blend in there with the purpose to commit vandalism to try to make it look like Floyd protestors are violent, they are not going to be carrying their confederate flags.
    Agreed. I don't think it's a coincidence that CNN headquarters was a target on Friday.

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Agreed. I don't think it's a coincidence that CNN headquarters was a target on Friday.
    Totally agree.

I noticed the irony of that.

If CNN is 'liberal media,' why would liberals destroy that building?

Makes no sense.

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,370 Times in 9,419 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not really. Floyd's death was a trigger, but the protests are about the more widespread perception of unequal treatment.

I think that video was all too familiar for some. And symbolic, in a way - law enforcement stepping on the neck of the community, keeping it down.

I don't care if you think that's far-fetched. The frustration is real. The anger is real. It's pent up over decades - well beyond this incident. It's a group of people saying "enough."

We should all listen & get in the conversation with that in mind. We can work together to end this, or ignore it & guarantee more of this kind of angry expression in the future.
    This. It's the straw that broke the camels back. Along with the frustration of thinking people over the idiot in the white house, and the arrogant ignorance of his cult followers. The rest of us have pretty much had it with them. At one point, I hoped they would be participants in the healing. I'm over that. Part of the catharsis of Trumps inevitable defeat is that we won't have to listen to these assholes any longer.

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,573 Times in 10,652 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

ANTIFA/BLM....PAID, FROM OUT-OF-TOWN RIOTERS/LOOTERS/ARSONISTS/MURDERERS.

OBVIOUSLY CENTRALLY ORGANIZED....BY WHOM??

PAID BY WHOM?

WHO STANDS TO GAIN FROM A NATION IN CHAOS ELECTORALLY??

IT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE...IS IT
    ?
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    This. It's the straw that broke the camels back. Along with the frustration of thinking people over the idiot in the white house, and the arrogant ignorance of his cult followers. The rest of us have pretty much had it with them. At one point, I hoped they would be participants in the healing. I'm over that. Part of the catharsis of Trumps inevitable defeat is that we won't have to listen to these assholes any longer.
    If we have come to know Donald it would be expected that the day after an election he loses is the day he begins to campaign for 2024. He is not going away unless we put him away. He is still going to be on twitter, having rallies, the whole schmear. Ideally, there would be authorities waiting to take him into custody the moment Biden is inaugurated, before DT can get away.