Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51

Thread: I wonder who ‘they’ could possibly be?

  1. #31 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,944
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 1,014 Times in 635 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 256 Times in 241 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    What do the statistics say?

    Do cops wrongly kill more blacks people than white people? Statistically, who kills the most black people?
    Do you REALLY think there is equal treatment under the law for black communities in America?

    Really really?

  2. #32 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    34,442
    Thanks
    9,716
    Thanked 22,895 Times in 14,973 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 1,044 Times in 997 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Who said they were?

    What has been said is that there might be right wing extreme groups involved in the disturbances for the purpose of instigating violence to flip a peaceful protest into a riot. The key, as the Governor and Mayor said, is there are perhaps an array of outside groups intent on violence involved along side of the peaceful protesters

    And of course the “they” are Antifa, and Antifa is largely a website on the dark web
    Well, can we see some actual evidence of these white supremacists at these riots?

    There are no shortage of Antifa types.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

    Earl (06-01-2020), Sailor (06-01-2020)

  4. #33 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    23,236
    Thanks
    37,169
    Thanked 10,451 Times in 8,093 Posts
    Groans
    21,851
    Groaned 1,464 Times in 1,380 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Who said anything about anyone being arrested?

    And even there they did say there were a small percent from out of the area, it doesn’t take many to turn a protest into a riot, actually just a handful
    He acknowledged that there were a few out of town anarchists with the majority being in-town anarchists.

    In-town or out of town anarchists are anarchists...and domestic terrorists.
    Last edited by Earl; 06-01-2020 at 10:47 AM.

  5. #34 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    34,442
    Thanks
    9,716
    Thanked 22,895 Times in 14,973 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 1,044 Times in 997 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Do you REALLY think there is equal treatment under the law for black communities in America?

    Really really?
    Spare the emotional appeal.

    What do the statistics say?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

    Earl (06-01-2020)

  7. #35 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,944
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 1,014 Times in 635 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 256 Times in 241 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Spare the emotional appeal.

    What do the statistics say?
    There are a LOT of stats. Which do you want?

    In a study of 100 million police stops, black drivers were 20% more likely to get pulled over. And this is consistent with anecdotal evidence in other areas, like stop & frisk.

    Millions of people aren't making this up, Darth. The black community does not currently get equal treatment under the law. As I've said on other threads - this is somewhat understandable. We are barely a generation removed from civil rights. We've made great strides. But to claim that we're "there" is pure ignorance.

  8. #36 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,730
    Thanks
    9,787
    Thanked 8,540 Times in 5,722 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 4,242 Times in 3,648 Posts

    Default

    Hello Darth,

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    "Before the protests began, organizers of certain anarchists groups set out to raise bail money and people who would be responsible to be raising bail money, they set out to recruit medics and medical teams with gear to deploy in anticipation of violent interactions with police," Miller said.

    He added, "They prepared to commit property damage and directed people who were following them that this should be done selectively and only in wealthier areas or at high-end stores run by corporate entities."

    Without specifying who "they" are, Miller said the agitators "developed a complex network of bicycle scouts to move ahead of demonstrators in different directions of where police were and where police were not for purposes of being able to direct groups from the larger group to places where they could commit acts of vandalism including the torching of police vehicles and Molotov cocktails where they thought officers would not be."

    https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...vance/2440722/
    ____________

    Any guesses who ‘they’ are?
    Very interesting.

    Why guess when this is obviously information officials chose not to release, probably due to ongoing investigations?

    One thing is clear: These are people who oppose law and order, and choose to work outside the political system. Trouble makers with extremist ideas.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  9. #37 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,730
    Thanks
    9,787
    Thanked 8,540 Times in 5,722 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 4,242 Times in 3,648 Posts

    Default

    Hello archives,

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Who said they were?

    What has been said is that there might be right wing extreme groups involved in the disturbances for the purpose of instigating violence to flip a peaceful protest into a riot. The key, as the Governor and Mayor said, is there are perhaps an array of outside groups intent on violence involved along side of the peaceful protesters

    And of course the “they” are Antifa, and Antifa is largely a website on the dark web
    Why does the 'they' have to be all one group?

    I see no logic in making that assumption.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  10. #38 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    34,442
    Thanks
    9,716
    Thanked 22,895 Times in 14,973 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 1,044 Times in 997 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    There are a LOT of stats. Which do you want?

    In a study of 100 million police stops, black drivers were 20% more likely to get pulled over. And this is consistent with anecdotal evidence in other areas, like stop & frisk.

    Millions of people aren't making this up, Darth. The black community does not currently get equal treatment under the law. As I've said on other threads - this is somewhat understandable. We are barely a generation removed from civil rights. We've made great strides. But to claim that we're "there" is pure ignorance.
    There are a lot or stats and most of them are murky because it’s hard to separate data from high crime areas from areas with low crime. Cops working a rough urban area is going to pull over and interact with a disproportionate number of minorities. That can skew the data.

    I’m not saying some degree of structural racism doesn’t exist in at least some police forces [almost certainly does] but I’m skeptical that it’s as pervasive as some suggest.

    And all this rioting and destruction has occurred and we *still don’t know* if Floyd’s race was a factor in his interaction with the cops.

    That’s insane. Literally.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

  11. #39 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,730
    Thanks
    9,787
    Thanked 8,540 Times in 5,722 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 4,242 Times in 3,648 Posts

    Default

    Hello Darth,

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Well, can we see some actual evidence of these white supremacists at these riots?

    There are no shortage of Antifa types.
    It is more likely that the trouble-makers are not all one group.

    Also,

    If white nationalists wanted to go blend in there with the purpose to commit vandalism to try to make it look like Floyd protestors are violent, they are not going to be carrying their confederate flags.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  12. #40 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,944
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 1,014 Times in 635 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 256 Times in 241 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    There are a lot or stats and most of them are murky because it’s hard to separate data from high crime areas from areas with low crime. Cops working a rough urban area is going to pull over and interact with a disproportionate number of minorities. That can skew the data.

    I’m not saying some degree of structural racism doesn’t exist in at least some police forces [almost certainly does] but I’m skeptical that it’s as pervasive as some suggest.

    And all this rioting and destruction has occurred and we *still don’t know* if Floyd’s race was a factor in his interaction with the cops.

    That’s insane. Literally.
    Not really. Floyd's death was a trigger, but the protests are about the more widespread perception of unequal treatment.

    I think that video was all too familiar for some. And symbolic, in a way - law enforcement stepping on the neck of the community, keeping it down.

    I don't care if you think that's far-fetched. The frustration is real. The anger is real. It's pent up over decades - well beyond this incident. It's a group of people saying "enough."

    We should all listen & get in the conversation with that in mind. We can work together to end this, or ignore it & guarantee more of this kind of angry expression in the future.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

    PoliTalker (06-01-2020)

  14. #41 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,470
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 787 Posts
    Groans
    98
    Groaned 460 Times in 433 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,



    It is more likely that the trouble-makers are not all one group.

    Also,

    If white nationalists wanted to go blend in there with the purpose to commit vandalism to try to make it look like Floyd protestors are violent, they are not going to be carrying their confederate flags.
    Agreed. I don't think it's a coincidence that CNN headquarters was a target on Friday.

  15. #42 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,730
    Thanks
    9,787
    Thanked 8,540 Times in 5,722 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 4,242 Times in 3,648 Posts

    Default

    Hello Concart,

    Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Agreed. I don't think it's a coincidence that CNN headquarters was a target on Friday.
    Totally agree.

    I noticed the irony of that.

    If CNN is 'liberal media,' why would liberals destroy that building?

    Makes no sense.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  16. #43 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,470
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 787 Posts
    Groans
    98
    Groaned 460 Times in 433 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Not really. Floyd's death was a trigger, but the protests are about the more widespread perception of unequal treatment.

    I think that video was all too familiar for some. And symbolic, in a way - law enforcement stepping on the neck of the community, keeping it down.

    I don't care if you think that's far-fetched. The frustration is real. The anger is real. It's pent up over decades - well beyond this incident. It's a group of people saying "enough."

    We should all listen & get in the conversation with that in mind. We can work together to end this, or ignore it & guarantee more of this kind of angry expression in the future.
    This. It's the straw that broke the camels back. Along with the frustration of thinking people over the idiot in the white house, and the arrogant ignorance of his cult followers. The rest of us have pretty much had it with them. At one point, I hoped they would be participants in the healing. I'm over that. Part of the catharsis of Trumps inevitable defeat is that we won't have to listen to these assholes any longer.

  17. #44 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    10,495
    Thanks
    6,475
    Thanked 6,565 Times in 4,443 Posts
    Groans
    164
    Groaned 243 Times in 241 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    ANTIFA/BLM....PAID, FROM OUT-OF-TOWN RIOTERS/LOOTERS/ARSONISTS/MURDERERS.


    OBVIOUSLY CENTRALLY ORGANIZED....BY WHOM??

    PAID BY WHOM?

    WHO STANDS TO GAIN FROM A NATION IN CHAOS ELECTORALLY??


    IT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE...IS IT
    ?
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE .


    De Oppresso Liber

  18. #45 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,730
    Thanks
    9,787
    Thanked 8,540 Times in 5,722 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 4,242 Times in 3,648 Posts

    Default

    Hello Concart,

    Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    This. It's the straw that broke the camels back. Along with the frustration of thinking people over the idiot in the white house, and the arrogant ignorance of his cult followers. The rest of us have pretty much had it with them. At one point, I hoped they would be participants in the healing. I'm over that. Part of the catharsis of Trumps inevitable defeat is that we won't have to listen to these assholes any longer.
    If we have come to know Donald it would be expected that the day after an election he loses is the day he begins to campaign for 2024. He is not going away unless we put him away. He is still going to be on twitter, having rallies, the whole schmear. Ideally, there would be authorities waiting to take him into custody the moment Biden is inaugurated, before DT can get away.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

Similar Threads

  1. How can Trump possibly loose?
    By anonymoose in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 162
    Last Post: 02-24-2020, 08:07 AM
  2. Oh what could possibly go wrong?
    By Teflon Don in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05-17-2019, 09:56 AM
  3. How could anyone possibly be so stupid, dumb and ignorant as you?!
    By David Jeffrey Spetch in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-22-2019, 03:06 PM
  4. What could possibly go wrong?
    By Big Money in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2013, 10:17 AM
  5. How could he possibly think that...
    By Damocles in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-24-2006, 02:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •