Thread: Whites don't use this quote.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,519 Times in 11,562 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    Like I will listen to you to explain King to me.

Fuck off.
    And I will listen to you when you renounce your racism. Fuck you back at ya!

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    Riots are the voices of the unheard

but racist whites love quoting this person.
    Fuck that person.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Owl you act like Trump, you jump without thinking about what you are jumping at!!!!! 1st TTQ claimed in a post to me that one she is a female and two she is black so If I'm incorrect blame the messenger not me! Second if you had tried thinking instead of jumping you would have seen that I qualified MLK's opening statement. There is a little know thing when posting it's called brevity you should try it someday. But then I keep forgetting you are the forums soul and conscience and as such you feel you have the right to judge others.
    Usually if you use the phrase "so-called" in front of a noun, it indicates that you doubt what follows is true. In other words, you are doubting that TTQ is a black woman. Did you not write "Pretty fucking bad when a so called black woman ..."?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,126 Times in 9,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Usually if you use the phrase "so-called" in front of a noun, it indicates that you doubt what follows is true. In other words, you are doubting that TTQ is a black woman. Did you not write "Pretty fucking bad when a so called black woman ..."?
    is this your so called rebuttal?

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Just because someone claims to be something in a forum doesn't mean it's true. We have people here who claim to be (I exaggerate) Rocket scientist or Nero-surgeons. So anyone can claim to be anything. There are too many racists that will assume a black persona in order to make blacks look bad. Same with conservatives and liberals. So to answer your question No, I'm not sure she is a she or black.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Just because someone claims to be something in a forum doesn't mean it's true. We have people here who claim to be (I exaggerate) Rocket scientist or Nero-surgeons. So anyone can claim to be anything. There are too many racists that will assume a black persona in order to make blacks look bad. Same with conservatives and liberals. So to answer your question No, I'm not sure she is a she or black.
    That's true, we've seen ppl claim to be teachers and doctors too, who aren't.

That being said, you have no reason to doubt TTQ's statements that she is a black woman. You guys just don't like the Dr. King quote that she opened this thread with, because it is painfully true -- 50+ years later. So instead of discussing the quote and what it means today, you all attack the messenger.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's true, we've seen ppl claim to be teachers and doctors too, who aren't.

That being said, you have no reason to doubt TTQ's statements that she is a black woman. You guys just don't like the Dr. King quote that she opened this thread with, because it is painfully true -- 50+ years later. So instead of discussing the quote and what it means today, you all attack the messenger.
    No I object to taking a statement out of context. As I said
    This was rhetorical. He had the answers ready. He said that it failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. That large segments of society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality and humanity. This was 1967
    The last part puts the true meaning of his words into context. Chopping up Dr. King's words does him a great injustice.

Take this statement,

And those who hope that the Negro needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if the nation returns to business as usual. [enthusiastic applause] There will be neither rest nor tranquility in America until the Negro is granted his citizenship rights. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges.
    Sounds like he is endorsing revolution doesn't it?

But when this is added it takes on a whole new meaning.

But there is something that I must say to my people, who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice: in the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. (My Lord, No, no, no, no) [applause] We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. (My Lord) Again and again (No, no), we must rise to the majestic heights (Yes) of meeting physical force with soul force. (My Lord) The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the Negro community must not lead us to a distrust of all white people (Hmm), for many of our white brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny [sustained applause], and they have come to realize that their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom. We cannot walk alone.
    Full text https://kinginstitute.stanford.edu/k...bs-and-freedom

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    The quotes from MLK and Nelson Mandela posted seem to be making the point as intended....very much so.... The OP? Not so much....
    Hypocrisy when posted by a racist like yourself
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,414 Times in 16,403 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

The quotes from MLK and Nelson Mandela posted seem to be making the point as intended....very much so.... The OP? Not so much....

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You posting MLK and Nelson Mandela is hypocritical,you're a well-known hater of Oprah
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,126 Times in 9,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mason? View Post
    You posting MLK and Nelson Mandela is hypocritical,you're a well-known hater of Oprah
    are you serious right now?

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So good it needs posted again And it was "It works"....so very well
    “No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.”

― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
    “Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction. So when Jesus says “Love your enemies,” he is setting forth a profound and ultimately inescapable admonition. Have we not come to such an impasse in the modern world that we must love our enemies– or else? The chain reaction of evil–hate begetting hate, wars producing wars–must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.”

― Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Hermes Thoth (06-01-2020)

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    are you serious right now?
    I've known Top the racist long before here
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate