Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Word on the street is.......

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsprat22 View Post
    Sorry, blaming the media for showing a black man getting murdered by a cop is not a good argument
    I'll say this much -- I blame the media less for the riots than the stupidity of young people. A lot of these same idiots destroy property over sports games, so just because it's over some random black guy doesn't make it any better.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Woko Haram View Post
    I'll say this much -- I blame the media less for the riots than the stupidity of young people. A lot of these same idiots destroy property over sports games, so just because it's over some random black guy doesn't make it any better.

It is about police practice. I was in Los Angeles during the Rodney King riots--after the cops were judged not guilty. If one person did not video the beating the cops would have gotten away with it.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It is about police practice. I was in Los Angeles during the Rodney King riots--after the cops were judged not guilty. If one person did not video the beating the cops would have gotten away with it.
    But if Floyd was white and the cop was black, do you really think it would be getting this much attention? The incident has to have the proper racial optics to get premium media coverage.

So, even if the root cause of the problem is police practice, it should be easy to see why the coverage has been so thorough.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But if Floyd was white and the cop was black, do you really think it would be getting this much attention? The incident has to have the proper racial optics to get premium media coverage.

So, even if the root cause of the problem is police practice, it should be easy to see why the coverage has been so thorough.

Are you saying racism is non existent? Because that is a hard case for you to make.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are you saying racism is non existent? Because that is a hard case for you to make.
    Nice strawman. I'm saying that, among the list of things that black people have to worry about, getting killed by a cop is low on that list in terms of probability.

I'm also saying that certain racial narratives determine the prominence of news coverage. There was considerably less coverage of certain black people knifing Jews in the NJ and NY areas a few months ago, for example. No riots occurred either.

Had the criminals been white people and the victims black, then you'd have a much more inflammatory story to spread.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,195 Times in 13,941 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Antifa going bye bye. POTUS to list as terror organization, by executive order if need be. This is good news. Hunt those scum down like the dogs they are and put them to sleep.....
    Ah the dreaded Antifa, which for the most part is a group of bloggers on the dark net with a few dimwit followers who show up at protests dressed in black hoodies, only a conservative would portray them as Che Guevara plotting to overthrow the Government

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,319 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 416 Times in 383 Posts

Best guess.......The numbers of Antifa scum will drop like a rock as soon as shit gets real. They will very quickly go from a bunch of loud talking mini commies to a bunch of scared little punk kids living in theyre parents basement faster than a rabbit gets fucked.
    I hope your shithead president starts shooting them soon. Executing a bunch of US citizens should do wonders for his re-election chances. I'm sure racist shitheads such as yourself would cream in their jeans but those will be the ONLY ones voting for him. Whatever edict he signs will be retracted as soon as the racist fuck is out of the whitehouse so who cares. Just like the Paris climate agreement, support for the WHO, the Iran treaty, his stupid fucking wall and a dozen other things he has made most Americans ashamed of.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Ah the dreaded Antifa, which for the most part is a group of bloggers on the dark net with a few dimwit followers who show up at protests dressed in black hoodies, only a conservative would portray them as Che Guevara plotting to overthrow the Government
    Not much different from the exaggeration about "boogaloo" nuts....

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,229 Times in 6,866 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Why do people keep trying to compare the white & black experiences in America?

White parents don't have to have 'the talk' w/ their kids - the one about how they survive encounters w/ police.

It's okay. We're not there yet - it hasn't been that long since the pre-civil rights days. We've made enormous strides, but we still have a ways to go.

Why can't people acknowledge that, and just say we'll keep on working at it? There is such a defensiveness about the idea that racism that clearly exists still exists.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

TTQ64 (05-31-2020)

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nice strawman. I'm saying that, among the list of things that black people have to worry about, getting killed by a cop is low on that list in terms of probability.

I'm also saying that certain racial narratives determine the prominence of news coverage. There was considerably less coverage of certain black people knifing Jews in the NJ and NY areas a few months ago, for example. No riots occurred either.

Had the criminals been white people and the victims black, then you'd have a much more inflammatory story to spread.

No, the issue is getting harassed by the cops. You know the expression, "everyone and his brother." That was literally true in Los Angeles. The black men I knew all had a story about getting stopped by the cops in their car for no reason. Woman had same story about their brother or uncle or father.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,319 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 416 Times in 383 Posts

Are you laughing about the billions of dollars Derek Chauvin just cost citizens across the country? You haven't seen anything yet, just wait till some judge doesn't put the guy in prison.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,002 Times in 8,029 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Antifa going bye bye. POTUS to list as terror organization, by executive order if need be. This is good news. Hunt those scum down like the dogs they are and put them to sleep.....
    Any "word on the street" about Trump going after any of the alt right extremist, anti-gub'mint, neo-Nazi, para-military militia terrorist groups?

Oh, of course not.

He can't afford to lose their votes.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

Port Tack (06-01-2020)

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Why do people keep trying to compare the white & black experiences in America?

White parents don't have to have 'the talk' w/ their kids - the one about how they survive encounters w/ police.

It's okay. We're not there yet - it hasn't been that long since the pre-civil rights days. We've made enormous strides, but we still have a ways to go.

Why can't people acknowledge that, and just say we'll keep on working at it? There is such a defensiveness about the idea that racism that clearly exists still exists.
    You'll notice that I'm not denying that they have to deal with it more than white people. I don't have defensiveness about that.

What I'm questioning is the media's tactics of blowing things out of proportion. But hey, white guilt is contagious. I just happen to be immune to it. Compared to most countries in the world, minorities have it better here. Try being a minority in an Islamic country, for example.

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, the issue is getting harassed by the cops. You know the expression, "everyone and his brother." That was literally true in Los Angeles. The black men I knew all had a story about getting stopped by the cops in their car for no reason. Woman had same story about their brother or uncle or father.
    Well, the riots didn't do much to change that, eh?

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,195 Times in 13,941 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Not much different from the exaggeration about "boogaloo" nuts....
    Exactly, but you don't see the left out there portraying those nuts as a danger to anyone other than themselves, as I said, the right has Antifa up there with Che Guevara, Trotskyists threatening the very existence of the Government