Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Word on the street is.......

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Exactly, but you don't see the left out there portraying those nuts as a danger to anyone other than themselves, as I said, the right has Antifa up there with Che Guevara, Trotskyists threatening the very existence of the Government
    Actually, the FBI has a lot of right wing groups on a watch list. Some of them are there for a good reason, but others, not so much.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Woko Haram View Post
    Well, the riots didn't do much to change that, eh?
    I don't know, do you? I am not in Los Angeles anymore.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

You'll notice that I'm not denying that they have to deal with it more than white people. I don't have defensiveness about that.

What I'm questioning is the media's tactics of blowing things out of proportion. But hey, white guilt is contagious. I just happen to be immune to it. Compared to most countries in the world, minorities have it better here. Try being a minority in an Islamic country, for example.
    I don't disrespect your POV - I think it's kind of an interesting perspective. It's thought-out, which is saying something right now.

I'd even agree about the media - but to me, that's a distraction to what is happening. I don't really get distracted by the media anymore. They have their bias - I rely on them for a lot of coverage, but understand that bias & filter that coverage accordingly.

There is serious pent-up frustration out there. It's being stoked for other agendas, but the basic frustration is there, and it's not a fabricated thing. We need to keep working at it. Racism & prejudice will be outdated concepts someday. I'm always anxious to get to that point when we're past our immaturity as a species.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Exactly, but you don't see the left out there portraying those nuts as a danger to anyone other than themselves, as I said, the right has Antifa up there with Che Guevara, Trotskyists threatening the very existence of the Government
    Ernesto and Leon are actually causing less devastation at the moment.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsprat22 View Post
    I don't know, do you? I am not in Los Angeles anymore.
    As far as I know, the LAPD still has a reputation for harassing black people. They're also known for just being corrupt in general.

The same seems to be true for the NYPD. There's a general trend of a lot of the biggest, bluest cities having serious police problems. Granted, they also seem to have some of the worst crime problems too.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

You'll notice that I'm not denying that they have to deal with it more than white people. I don't have defensiveness about that.

What I'm questioning is the media's tactics of blowing things out of proportion. But hey, white guilt is contagious. I just happen to be immune to it. Compared to most countries in the world, minorities have it better here. Try being a minority in an Islamic country, for example.
    Most Islamic countries aren't based upon the ideals, principles, standards, nor values that America is and that America professes to pursue

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,198 Times in 1,591 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 410 Times in 377 Posts

By the same token, far fewer black men are killed by police than by other black men.
    What the fuck does that have to do with it? Those "other black men" that are filmed killing someone are sitting in prison, the same place Derek Chauvin needs to be sitting.

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Actually, the FBI has a lot of right wing groups on a watch list. Some of them are there for a good reason, but others, not so much.
    As they probably do Antifa, which can't be too difficult given they owe their existence to the Internet

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

As far as I know, the LAPD still has a reputation for harassing black people. They're also known for just being corrupt in general.

The same seems to be true for the NYPD. There's a general trend of a lot of the biggest, bluest cities having serious police problems. Granted, they also seem to have some of the worst crime problems too.

Well, that's what the protests are about.

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,198 Times in 1,591 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 410 Times in 377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsprat22 View Post
    Therefore the cops should kill more black men?
    Crazy isn't it? How someone could actually be ignorant enough to make such stupid statement.

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TSgt View Post
    Ernesto and Leon are actually causing less devastation at the moment.
    Oh, is that what dead means, who knew

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Port Tack View Post
    I hope your shithead president starts shooting them soon. Executing a bunch of US citizens should do wonders for his re-election chances. I'm sure racist shitheads such as yourself would cream in their jeans but those will be the ONLY ones voting for him. Whatever edict he signs will be retracted as soon as the racist fuck is out of the whitehouse so who cares. Just like the Paris climate agreement, support for the WHO, the Iran treaty, his stupid fucking wall and a dozen other things he has made most Americans ashamed of.
    TRIGGERED!

13. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    I don't disrespect your POV - I think it's kind of an interesting perspective. It's thought-out, which is saying something right now.

I'd even agree about the media - but to me, that's a distraction to what is happening. I don't really get distracted by the media anymore. They have their bias - I rely on them for a lot of coverage, but understand that bias & filter that coverage accordingly.

There is serious pent-up frustration out there. It's being stoked for other agendas, but the basic frustration is there, and it's not a fabricated thing. We need to keep working at it. Racism & prejudice will be outdated concepts someday. I'm always anxious to get to that point when we're past our immaturity as a species.
    I'll say this much. You have more faith in humanity than I do. Prejudice is something that happens naturally for humans, and some of it is actually beneficial for survival. In societies where everyone is so racially mixed that they share a common heritage, there is instead something called "colorism." People still discriminate based on skin tone.

Another interesting thing is that colorism happens among minorities themselves. The black community has a long history of treating lighter skinned blacks differently from darker ones. Usually, the lighter skinned black people are treated better among their own people.

So, as far as I can tell, prejudice is here to stay. Racism might go away if we racially mix enough, but we'll just replace it with colorism.

14. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

"Triggered" is so 2016.

It doesn't work anymore, now that the most triggered person in America, over & over again, is POTUS.

15. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Antifa going bye bye. POTUS to list as terror organization, by executive order if need be. This is good news. Hunt those scum down like the dogs they are and put them to sleep.....
    Yes please! They are nothing short of domestic terrorists!
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish For This Post:

Stone (05-31-2020)