Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Hundreds of SJWs converge on Central Fl street where Chauvin owns a vacation rental..

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,186 Times in 25,721 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grajonca View Post
    Yes I saw those tweets, didn't see anything from Biden though! What seems to be happening here is that the media has run with what should have been a local story only and turned into an international one. They are almost entirely responsible for all the subsequent looting and rioting. Over 170 businesses already laid low by lockdowns are now probably screwed forever, is that a good result for the local community? I am sorry that the guy died as he seemed to be attempting to turn his life around. I have no view about Chauvin, here's a novelty why don't the baying hoardes wait for the trial before passing judgement? I think that Fastlane's theory about the carotid artery may have legs, well see.

The point I was making was that Justine Damond's death didn't cause any rioting or looting, why was that? I actually created a thread about at the time, scarcely a ripple I recall. I would be damn sight more impressed if the usual suspects castigated the rioters but we both know that will never happen. The Left has a cause celebre and they will never let a good crisis go to waste. Why didn't the previous lesbian police chief do something about police training or indeed the present Hispanic chief, maybe he's racist as well?

Oh and he didn't put his foot on his neck, where did you get that from? Did you see the video I posted the other day of two black cops in Chicago shooting a white man in the back as he attempted to escape in a Chicago subway? He didn't die as far as I know but he may well never walk again.

<snipped to save space>
    Chauvin put his knee, not his foot on Floyd's neck, my mistake. Not that it made any difference in the end.

What does Biden have to do with this? For the record he did comment and he spoke like a true leader, not a rabble rouser:

"Once again — the words 'I can't breathe.' An act of brutality so elemental, it did more than deny one more black man in America his civil rights and his human rights. It denied his very humanity. It denied him of his life..."
    "The pain is too immense for one community to bear alone. I believe it's the duty of every American to grapple with it and grapple with it now..."

"With our complacency, our silence, we are complicit in perpetuating these cycles of violence. Nothing about this will be easy or comfortable, but if we simply allow this wound to scab over once more without treating the underlying injury, we'll never truly heal. The very soul of America is at stake."

As far as castigating the rioters, there was rioting and looting right here in Pittsburgh and it made me sick. I don't condone violence for any reason. The riot started as a peaceful protest. Nobody is praising the violence and saying it's deserved. City officials claim the violence was started by anarchists not from here, but the investigation is still going on.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by FreeSpeech View Post
    You are a liar this quote was made at the same press conference on August 15th

"I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...815-story.html

You are so full of shit this quote was made in the first address on August 14th before the Augjust 15th press conference get your fucking facts straight:

Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...esident-trump/
    You are so fixated on your version of the events that it's not worth my while to go into a long answer once again. All I can say is match trump's comments with dates.

― Charles Dickens

3. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Doc Dutch (05-31-2020)

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 93 Times in 82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Chauvin put his knee, not his foot on Floyd's neck, my mistake. Not that it made any difference in the end.

What does Biden have to do with this? For the record he did comment and he spoke like a true leader, not a rabble rouser:

"Once again — the words 'I can't breathe.' An act of brutality so elemental, it did more than deny one more black man in America his civil rights and his human rights. It denied his very humanity. It denied him of his life..."
    "The pain is too immense for one community to bear alone. I believe it's the duty of every American to grapple with it and grapple with it now..."

"With our complacency, our silence, we are complicit in perpetuating these cycles of violence. Nothing about this will be easy or comfortable, but if we simply allow this wound to scab over once more without treating the underlying injury, we'll never truly heal. The very soul of America is at stake."

As far as castigating the rioters, there was rioting and looting right here in Pittsburgh and it made me sick. I don't condone violence for any reason. The riot started as a peaceful protest. Nobody is praising the violence and saying it's deserved. City officials claim the violence was started by anarchists not from here, but the investigation is still going on.
    Violent riots at these protests are the rule not the exception.

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 93 Times in 82 Posts

You are so fixated on your version of the events that it's not worth my while to go into a long answer once again. All I can say is match trump's comments with dates.
    You're a fuckung joke I posted the unequivocal evidence that he overtly condemned Nazis in his initial statement on August 14th and again during the presser on the 15th and posted the links that are dated to prove it that is not my version that is the only version it is reality you laughable fuck.

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're a fuckung joke I posted the unequivocal evidence that he overtly condemned Nazis in his initial statement on August 14th and again during the presser on the 15th and posted the links that are dated to prove it that is not my version that is the only version it is reality you laughable fuck.
    Check yourself, hotshot. The only reason there was a controversy at all was because of trump's stupid comments about a white nationalist demonstration, starting with the idiocy about "on many sides. On many sides."

Maybe you missed (haha) David Duke's comment "Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth about #Charlottesville & condemn the leftist terrorists in BLM/Antifa."

trump did make a lot of neo-Nazis happy with his responses so there is that, and I bet you were thrilled.

― Charles Dickens

7. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Doc Dutch (05-31-2020)

8. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,440 Times in 52,460 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Kent state was an accident. All it takes is for one armed cop or national guardsman to panic and pull the trigger just like Kent State. And we will have a shooting war. Any bets?
    BS. It wasn't a Hollywood movie; it was college campus. 67 7.62MM rounds with 13 wounded and 4 dead is not an "Oops, my gun accidentally went off".

No "shooting war", just a massacre of innocent Americans like at Kent State.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No worries. Most sane people can tell the difference between a reasonable person and a fucking nutjob.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-31-2020)

11. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    According to Dementia Joe, if a homeowner feels threatened, they are supposed to go out on the porch with a shotgun and fire a couple of shots.
    Use a .45 and only fire once.

12. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    They were at the start, then Trump fucked him over on stuff and Putin now hates him. NK is laughing too.
    Show business. Putin loves that Trump is in office and is working to help him stay there.

13. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Law enforcement should not stand by and allow thugs to destroy property and harm people. What are they being paid for?
    Correct. OTOH, they don't want to throw gasoline on a fire either. Why do you think people are rioting and what do you think should be done to prevent this from happening again?

14. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Again the oath keepers are all former or active service military, former or current law enforcement and first responders and you call them Nazi's you stolen valor fucking piece of shit
    Still waiting for you to back up your silly claims with quotes. You've told so many lies on this thread alone, your credibility is in the shitter.

15. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Why do you think people are rioting
    because they don't have an 80" tv in their crib.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-31-2020)

17. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,627 Times in 11,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

BS. It wasn't a Hollywood movie; it was college campus. 67 7.62MM rounds with 13 wounded and 4 dead is not an "Oops, my gun accidentally went off".

No "shooting war", just a massacre of innocent Americans like at Kent State.
    That is totally asinine. Clearly you were stoned during Kent State.
    General Canterbury ordered his men to lock and load their weapons, and to fire tear gas into the crowd. The Guardsmen then marched across the Commons, forcing protesters to move up a nearby hill called Blanket Hill, and then down the other side of the hill toward a football practice field.

As the football field was enclosed with fencing, the Guardsmen were caught amongst the angry mob, and were the targets of shouting and thrown rocks yet again.

The Guardsmen soon retreated back up Blanket Hill. When they reached the top of the hill, witnesses say 28 of them suddenly turned and fired their M-1 rifles, some into the air, some directly into the crowd of protesters
    The guardsmen were not ordered to fire. You had a bunch of under trained young guardsman who were being pelted with rocks and debris some clearly panicked turned and fired. As soon as the first shots were fired that created a chain reaction. So like it or not it was a mistake. You would be correct if someone had given the order to fire. In fact this was the aftermath
    Numerous investigatory commissions and court trials followed, during which members of the Ohio National Guard testified that they felt the need to discharge their weapons because they feared for their lives.

18. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

In my career, mistakes were fatal. A favorite saying was "the definition of a superior pilot was a pilot who used their superior judgment to avoid those situations requiring use of their superior skills".

Minneapolis screwed up because their police officers were poorly trained and poorly led. While Cauvin is the one under indictment, IIRC, there were four other officers standing around. Not one of them had a better idea on how to handle the situation. That's a leadership failure on the part of the city.

As noted above, when a single event like this triggers massive social unrest, the event itself isn't the problem. It's a trigger point for an entire set of problems. Again, a failure of State and city leadership to have been proactive in resolving those issues before it came to this point. In essence, dismantling the bomb before some event sets it off.

Once the bomb goes off, it's a matter of dealing with the aftermath. That's what we're seeing right now. Maybe it is better to just let it burn out rather than throwing gasoline on it like Clinton did with Waco. Again; the most important thing for State and City leaders is to be proactive enough to prevent events from building to the point where any single event could trigger a massive civil disturbance reaction. Isn't the really their fucking job? Protect their citizens?
    The problem usually seems to be a direct result of crowding too many people into a small area and having a young population that is all too eager to destroy things at a moment's notice.

To be fair, we see this not just as a reaction to perceived injustices but also to freaking sports games.

In short, too many young people are just looking for a reason to destroy things. It doesn't matter if the rioting happens as a result of a murder or as a result of a sports game -- it still is destructive and helps no one.

19. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Why do you think "leftists need an outlet"?
    They don't. So why are they still trashing America's cities?
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left