Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What's the plan, Fox Nation?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    But what's going on here is this: states *are* opening up things -- some gradually, some more quickly. Most of them are also putting social distancing/mask-wearing rules in place. So now we have the open-up-NOW crowd *still* not happy. Now they're pissed that they have to wear masks and can't clump together in infectious little knots. What they really want is to rewind to BC (Before COVID) and start over again. Not going to happen.
    Well frankly, if "clumping together" is the issue, then the riots going on right now are far more problematic. Strangely, I hear very little criticism of those from the left.... They certainly criticized the open up protests though, despite no destruction of property involved.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Hey, a Fox viewer chimes in!

I have never, nor will I ever, advocate "forcing" anyone to wear a mask.

But it's a small ask. I have no idea why the same people who want the economy to open faster won't just decide to do it themselves. Moreover, many of those same people have taken to mask-shaming, and making it seem like some major infringement on our freedom and "virtue signaling."
    Even Sean Hannity is telling people to wear masks! So Fox News even know to be somewhat responsible!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (06-01-2020)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,414 Times in 53,284 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Woko Haram View Post
    Well frankly, if "clumping together" is the issue, then the riots going on right now are far more problematic. Strangely, I hear very little criticism of those from the left.... They certainly criticized the open up protests though, despite no destruction of property involved.
    I dunno, I've seen plenty of ppl concerned about the protests and lack of masks. Two of my three daughters sent pics yesterday of the protests in their areas (VT and IL). Most of the ppl were masked, but a few were not. Definitely from the video footage the networks are showing, virus safety doesn't seem to be a high priority. I expect that in 2-3 weeks we're going to see spikes of cases in the cities. I also expect that some of our RW friends will gloat. "They got what they deserved."
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I dunno, I've seen plenty of ppl concerned about the protests and lack of masks. Two of my three daughters sent pics yesterday of the protests in their areas (VT and IL). Most of the ppl were masked, but a few were not. Definitely from the video footage the networks are showing, virus safety doesn't seem to be a high priority. I expect that in 2-3 weeks we're going to see spikes of cases in the cities. I also expect that some of our RW friends will gloat. "They got what they deserved."
    Well, even if everyone was wearing masks during the protests, the virus could still spread. Only certain masks truly prevent the spread for prolonged periods of use, and a lot of people don't properly wear a mask to obtain an effective barrier. Also, gloves are a necessity, and not everyone wears those either. Technically, goggles are necessary as well, since droplets that make it into the air can infect people through their eyes via contact.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Saudade For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (06-03-2020)

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,414 Times in 53,284 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, even if everyone was wearing masks during the protests, the virus could still spread. Only certain masks truly prevent the spread for prolonged periods of use, and a lot of people don't properly wear a mask to obtain an effective barrier. Also, gloves are a necessity, and not everyone wears those either. Technically, goggles are necessary as well, since droplets that make it into the air can infect people through their eyes via contact.
    Hopefully being outdoors during the protests will mitigate some of that, but point well taken.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

The anti-mask & mask-shaming campaigns are successful. And they were just so, so inconvenient, right?

We're opening up. Distancing is now being ridiculed the same way as masks were. No one seems to care much about testing or tracing.

It's a global pandemic. What's your plan, exactly? Anything aside from just letting it run its course through the population, and best o' luck to the seniors and high-risk folks?
    Nobody is preventing you from wearing your mask

BTW ask the Soros funded thugs how they are handling things

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Well, I’ve noticed superb mask compliance on the part of the rioters lol.

What’s Team Pandemia’s plan if there’s no spike in cases after all these mass gatherings?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Theoretically, these protests/riots should be a veritable Petri dish for the China virus: shouting incessantly sprays droplets in ways that would never happen, for example, in a church gathering or a small business.

Thousands of people gathered together in one place. What masks that are worn will be contaminated with massive amounts of droplets and perhaps even saliva. Hands go to the masks; then the virus hitches a ride to the next object that gets touched by the hand.

Apart from being outside, you could hardly draw up a better means violating SD and providing a means to spread the China Virus.

If nothing much happens after these riots, then what?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 6,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,852 Times in 1,715 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Well, I’ve noticed superb mask compliance on the part of the rioters lol.

What’s Team Pandemia’s plan if there’s no spike in cases after all these mass gatherings?
    And what makes you think there won't be?

That's actually a fairly universally anticipated outcome. Hope not, but it's probably inevitable.

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And what makes you think there won't be?

That's actually a fairly universally anticipated outcome. Hope not, but it's probably inevitable.
    The ether was once universally accepted.

13. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 6,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,852 Times in 1,715 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    The ether was once universally accepted.
    Well, we'll see how it goes. You seem to think that there won't be much of a spike. I certainly hope there isn't. But unfortunately, it's likely.