1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsprat22 View Post
    And?
    and I'm surprised anyone needs something more......./shrugs......okay I will help you out......and STOP CALLING VIOLENCE, THEFT AND ARSON A PROTEST!........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    and I'm surprised anyone needs something more......./shrugs......okay I will help you out......and STOP CALLING VIOLENCE, THEFT AND ARSON A PROTEST!........

Of course it is a protest.

3. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,312 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Trump has placed 4 active duty military police units on alert to help quell the growing riots. That seems to be mighty thin ice to me considering the posse comitatus act.
    If we were running out of National Guard, I could understand trying to suspend the Posse Comitatus Act. We are nowhere near there.

But, I am not very concerned about this yet. trump likes to waste taxpayer money on his fantasies which he never executes. Remember his fantasy about suspending the Constitution and declaring martial law in Chicago. Nothing ever came of that other than some wasting of taxpayer money.

I am far more concern about trump's calls for genocide and mass rebellion. Some of his less stable supporters are going to kill people in acts of terrorism because of his calls for violence.

4. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,490 Times in 7,581 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I am far more concern about trump's calls for genocide and mass rebellion.
    ???

5. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (05-30-2020)

6. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

When I told you it isn't in the constitution but a law you got very quite on the subject.
    It is a law under the Constitution. trump says he has the right to disregard the laws, because of his interpretation of the Constitution. That interpretation is no one else's.

7. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    ???
    "The only good Democrat is a dead Democrat", and calling for taking up arms against the states. trump is extremely irresponsible with his words in a way we have never seen a president be before... Though his actions would better be described as irresponsibly lazy. This still leaves open the danger, and even absolute certainty, that his less stable supporters will kill Americans.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-31-2020)

9. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,623 Times in 11,616 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

If we were running out of National Guard, I could understand trying to suspend the Posse Comitatus Act. We are nowhere near there.

But, I am not very concerned about this yet. trump likes to waste taxpayer money on his fantasies which he never executes. Remember his fantasy about suspending the Constitution and declaring martial law in Chicago. Nothing ever came of that other than some wasting of taxpayer money.

I am far more concern about trump's calls for genocide and mass rebellion. Some of his less stable supporters are going to kill people in acts of terrorism because of his calls for violence.
    There may be something in the act that we are unaware of. I would hope the president and SECDEF would know if it's legal.

10. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

After being hammered by Trump, China responds with: What about Minneapolis?

And across the Internet in China, commentators and ordinary people alike co-opted a phrase House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) used to describe the pro-democracy demonstrations in Hong Kong last year, that the protests were “a beautiful sight to behold.” Posting photos of burning buildings and looters smashing up a Target store, the Central Committee of the Communist Young League asked: “A beautiful sight to behold?”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...JCVJJXIOIZPAJM

11. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,623 Times in 11,616 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

It is a law under the Constitution. trump says he has the right to disregard the laws, because of his interpretation of the Constitution. That interpretation is no one else's.
    I just found this.

KEY EXCEPTIONS TO THE POSSE COMITATUS ACT
    A summary of key exceptions to the Posse Comitatus Act follows:3
    • National Guard forces operating under the state authority of Title 32 (i.e., under state rather than federal service) are exempt from Posse Comitatus Act restrictions.
    Pursuant to the presidential power to quell domestic violence, federal troops are expressly exempt from the prohibitions of Posse Comitatus Act, and this exemption applies equally to active-duty military and federalized National Guard troops.4
    • Aerial photographic and visual search and surveillance by military personnel were found not to violate the Posse Comitatus Act.
    • Congress created a “drug exception” to the Posse Comitatus Act. Under recent legislation, the Congress authorized the Secretary of Defense to make available any military equipment and personnel necessary for operation of said equipment for law
    https://www.rand.org/content/dam/ran...R1251.AppD.pdf

12. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,490 Times in 7,581 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

"The only good Democrat is a dead Democrat", and calling for taking up arms against the states. trump is extremely irresponsible with his words in a way we have never seen a president be before...
    OK. Agree with that.

13. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Good I hope they take out the trash tonight.

14. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,418 Times in 52,443 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Most off it's Big Blue States or Big Blue Cities. Mankind wasn't meant to live in a beehive.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

15. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,418 Times in 52,443 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Good I hope they take out the trash tonight.
    The Posse Comitatus Act, 18 U.S. Code, Section 1385, an original intent of which was to end the use of federal troops to police state elections in former Confederate states, proscribes the role of the Army and Air Force in executing civil laws and states:

Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined not more than $10,000 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.
    As proved at Kent State 1970....50 years ago this month. Trump has advocated violence against Americans several times the past few years. He's anxious to literally pull the trigger on doing so. It will be interesting to see how America votes after the government shooting a dozen or more American citizens.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

16. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsprat22 View Post
    Of course I am an idiot
    and?.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

17. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There may be something in the act that we are unaware of. I would hope the president and SECDEF would know if it's legal.
    It is completely legal for trump to talk about declaring martial law, and it is also legal for him to waste money on having troops on alert for declaring martial law. He just is very limited in being able to actually declare martial law.

I am hoping this ends like most of his threats to attack the constitution, in nothing but a waste of time and money.

Well sort of... trump is setting the stage for a future president having a coup. trump is normalizing the language of a coup.