Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart attack or asphyxiation?

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    It’s not the way a policeman should act, he continued to kneel on Floyd’s neck after he was told he had no pulse. He’s a murderer.
    I don't see anyone here NOT blaming the cops. The Probable Cause Report is what we've been discussing
    in a pretty civil manner all night (until this morning). Lot of folks jumping in right now who haven't bothered to
    read through the entire thread, get context, watch the videos and read the Probable Cause Report.
    Last edited by Stretch; 05-30-2020 at 10:45 AM.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Stone (05-30-2020)

3. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    A knee to the side of the neck blocks blood flow to the brain.
    It does but there’s two carotid arteries. I don’t see how one knee could block both of them.

But during carotid endarterectomy the operative side is purposefully and temporarily occluded to allow and incision to be made in the artery and the arterial plaque to be removed. I’ve seen it blocked off for as long as an hour without doing any damage to the patient.

It’s suboptimal, but the brain can get adequate perfusion from one carotid artery. I can see Floyd having something like a stroke after what happened to him but I don’t understand how it could have killed him—from that.

Btw, Bartender loves it when I talk medical stuff lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Stretch (05-30-2020)

5. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,522 Times in 52,740 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

They also aren’t handcuffed with their hands behind their back, big difference. It is usually the practice to turn the perp on their side if you have them handcuffed on the ground for an extended period of time.
    Exactly. This is especially true if it's suspected that they are under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Keeping them face up or face down can result in aspiration if they vomit.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-30-2020)

7. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    They are placed on their backs to allow fluids to more easily drain from the mouth rather than collect in the lungs' bases. The respiratory therapists do not then hold them down to make them stay that way. There's a big difference between sleeping on your stomach as many do, on a soft bed -- and lying on a hard surface face down with pressure being applied to keep you that way. Try it sometime and see.
    Again.........go back, slow down, read the entire thread of a very decent ongoing conversation that began last night.
    Watch the videos, read the Probable Cause Report and all the posters' comments. It's been pretty civil.
    EVERYONE here agrees on the cops' disgusting actions. So, no fight to be had in here on THAT.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

8. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,969 Times in 14,556 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

They want the other arrested. Funny, non cops are arrested on the spot, then the crime is investigated, why aren’t cops treated the same way? This is part of the injustice.
    Which would you prefer. Them to get arrested fast and the charges not stick or them get arrested later and the charges stick? I'd prefer if people that actually get arrested have their charges stick. I'm pretty sure on the cop who knelled on Floyd's neck for an extended period of time committed a crime. I'm less sure about the rolls of the other three cops.The extent of their rolls in Floyd's death needs more investigation. If the investigation implicates them then indict and trial them.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Darth Omar (05-30-2020)

10. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,768 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Which would you prefer. Them to get arrested fast and the charges not stick or them get arrested later and the charges stick? I'd prefer if people that actually get arrested have their charges stick. I'm pretty sure on the cop who knelled on Floyd's neck for an extended period of time committed a crime. I'm less sure about the rolls of the other three cops.The extent of their rolls in Floyd's death needs more investigation. If the investigation implicates them then indict and trial them.
    I want them to be treated like everyone else, no person is above the law.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-30-2020), ThatOwlWoman (05-30-2020)

12. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,768 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

The other cops stood by and did nothing, they are accomplishes, just like the get away driver in a robbery, they didn’t commit the actual robbery but they are as guilty as those who robbed the bank.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-30-2020), Guno צְבִי (05-30-2020), ThatOwlWoman (05-30-2020)

14. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,522 Times in 52,740 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Again.........go back, slow down, read the entire thread of a very decent ongoing conversation that began last night.
    Watch the videos, read the Probable Cause Report and all the posters' comments. It's been pretty civil.
    EVERYONE here agrees on the cops' disgusting actions. So, no fight to be had in here on THAT.
    Sorry, but I don't take homework assignments unless they're from my profs.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

15. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If Floyd had died from a Heat Attack his autopsy would have shown it. It did not.
    It did not show asphyxiation either. He had underlying cardiac issues. He complained twice while standing up
    that he was having trouble breathing, he was loudly vocal about being in pain and trouble with breathing while
    on the ground. His voice never trailed off or gasped for air..........it was in an instant that all life left his body.
    When paramedics arrived they could not revive him.
    So, whether it's arteries, blood flow, oxygen deprivation in the blood flow, a clot, a stroke...........yet to be seen.
    It all just seems cardiovascular-related.
    pain in abortion.

16. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,969 Times in 14,556 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thus the report says the possible cardiac event. This would make sense because he was
    complaining of breathing difficulty (twice mentioned) while he was standing up.
    Compressing the carotids and their carotid bodies can send a person into Asystole [a type of cardiac event]. I have seen in happen in controlled situations in the hospital setting. If you occlude both carotids the heart eventually will slow to a stop.

A MI [heart attack] is another type of a cardiac event. The heart tissue shows evidence of lack of oxygen and tissue death. Floyd's heart apparently did not show evidence or it would have been specifically mentioned in the autopsy. If Floyd's carotids were occluded it would have no effect on oxygenation of his heart. It would just effect his brain.

17. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sorry, but I don't take homework assignments unless they're from my profs.
    Then keep snarking instead of joining in with a bunch of people who have already seen the videos
    and read the report who are more versed in what is going on. A lot of people gave very good informed points of view
    with some normal give and take of course. But, at least their points of view were based on the facts presented in the
    first 2 pages.
    pain in abortion.

18. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Compressing the carotids and their carotid bodies can send a person into Asystole [a type of cardiac event]. I have seen in happen in controlled situations in the hospital setting. If you occlude both carotids the heart eventually will slow to a stop.

A MI [heart attack] is another type of a cardiac event. The heart tissue shows evidence of lack of oxygen and tissue death. Floyd's heart apparently did not show evidence or it would have been specifically mentioned in the autopsy.
    The report (thus far anyway) showed no signs of forceful pressure to the neck area.
    pain in abortion.

19. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

It never ends....EVER. The grievance line is long,.....at the end of the rainbow there is ALWAYS someone holding a hand out. Its too bad it has to be that way. A man died, thats a bad thing. Never good to use a bad thing for more bad. Nothing any good ever comes out of it when approached that way.....

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Stretch (05-30-2020)

21. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

Then keep snarking instead of joining in with a bunch of people who have already seen the videos
    and read the report who are more versed in what is going on. A lot of people gave very good informed points of view
    with some normal give and take of course. But, at least their points of view were based on the facts presented in the
    first 2 pages.
    Are you a doctor?

22. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,526 Times in 11,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you lay a person face down and hold them down with enough pressure, the rib cage is unable to expand and thus the lungs cannot take in oxygen. Most police depts. do not recommend leaving a cuffed suspect face down, with or without pressure.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/28/us/ge...rnd/index.html
    Good point

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (05-30-2020)