Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart attack or asphyxiation?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Port Tack View Post
    No it won't. It is entirely likely that if he was experiencing a heart attack it was caused by the police in this case. I would like to know where in police training you subdue a suspect by putting your knee on someones neck like this asshole did. Never mind the fact his hands were already cuffed behind his back.
    The police caused the heart attack? Not faulty genes? Shitty diet or history of heart disease?

That is a new one for the New England Journal of Medicine

2. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Earl (05-30-2020)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,317 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 416 Times in 383 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grajonca View Post
    The coroners report says you're just full of shit, croc o' shit!

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmat...Pkejwvv8-9RvEw
    The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by the police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death.”

Yup, Floyd would be alive today if it were not for negligent police.

guilty as charged
    Last edited by Port Tack; 05-30-2020 at 06:21 AM.

4. The Following User Groans At Port Tack For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-30-2020)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Port Tack For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-30-2020)

6. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What a load of shit, there was nothing fake about that video. you just finished saying that without the cops negligence Floyd would be alive today and that's murder. You just can't bring yourself to say it because the guy was black and the cop was white.
    Well with the additional video there is a tremendous amount of context that was missing when ALL you saw was the cop with the knee on his neck.

Here is a good rule of thumb in medicine. If someone can talk, they can breathe. Just saying. Typically people who can't breathe, also can't talk. So while I am not condoning the actions of the police officer what we know is that up until George collapses there was ZERO wrong with that the officers did

We also know from physiology, that if the officer were kneeling on his neck with force sufficient enough to stop him from breathing he would not be able to talk. It is physically impossible.

Based on the new video and the autopsy, George likely was suffering from a heart attack, and went into a cardiac arrhythmia and died.

Could the officers have handled things differently? Definitely. Could they be accused of negligence? Most probably. Was it murder? Not from what I see.

The real questions are

1) Was George chinese virus positive?
    2) Why wasn't George socially distancing?
    3) Why wasn't George wearing a mask?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Earl (05-30-2020), Life is Golden (05-30-2020)

8. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,327 Times in 52,381 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    ...3) Why wasn't George wearing a mask?
    The police officer violated Floyd's social distancing. No mask required if more than 6 feet from another. Why wasn't the cop wearing a mask?

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

9. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-30-2020)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-30-2020)

11. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If Floyd was having a heart attack while this cop had him on the ground with his knee on his neck then maybe the cop should only get 20 yrs instead of life. To insinuate the guy was going to die anyway is fucking stupid, the cop killed him. You don't scream I can't breath and Mama if you are having a heart attack. The knee likely blocked the carotid artery and cut off blood to the brain so it is understandable asphyxia may have nothing to do with it.

You people need an anatomy and physiology lesson. If blood flow were cut off for that long he would have passed out. Four minutes without sufficient oxygen to the brain and you die. If the flow is cut off completely, you lose consciousness in 10 seconds

The fact that they were leaning on him for 8 minutes and he was STILL talking tells me that they were not using a tremendous amount of force

Now, that does not mean that they should have kept him on the ground for 8 minutes. It doesn't mean they were negligent. But people saying they "caused" his heart attack are completely full of shit and don't know what they are talking about.

It isn't the heart attack that kills you. It is the resulting arrhythmia due to a lack of blood flow from the clogged artery.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Earl (05-30-2020)

13. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,327 Times in 52,381 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

You people need an anatomy and physiology lesson. If blood flow were cut off for that long he would have passed out. Four minutes without sufficient oxygen to the brain and you die. If the flow is cut off completely, you lose consciousness in 10 seconds

The fact that they were leaning on him for 8 minutes and he was STILL talking tells me that they were not using a tremendous amount of force...
    That's false statement since Floyd was unconscious for 2 minutes while Chauvin knelt on his neck. A jury will figure it out. Care to place a wager on the outcome of the trial?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

14. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-30-2020)

15. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,317 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 416 Times in 383 Posts

Well with the additional video there is a tremendous amount of context that was missing when ALL you saw was the cop with the knee on his neck.

Here is a good rule of thumb in medicine. If someone can talk, they can breathe. Just saying. Typically people who can't breathe, also can't talk. So while I am not condoning the actions of the police officer what we know is that up until George collapses there was ZERO wrong with that the officers did

We also know from physiology, that if the officer were kneeling on his neck with force sufficient enough to stop him from breathing he would not be able to talk. It is physically impossible.

Based on the new video and the autopsy, George likely was suffering from a heart attack, and went into a cardiac arrhythmia and died.

Could the officers have handled things differently? Definitely. Could they be accused of negligence? Most probably. Was it murder? Not from what I see.

The real questions are

1) Was George chinese virus positive?
    2) Why wasn't George socially distancing?
    3) Why wasn't George wearing a mask?
    what an ignorant jackass.

16. The Following User Groans At Port Tack For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-30-2020)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Port Tack For This Post:

Charoite (05-30-2020)

18. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

what an ignorant jackass.
    not an argument

Feel free to point anything that was wrong

This is a tragedy. I am not defending the cops. I am just saying this is not a case of cops going N word hunting. Negligence. Wrongful death? It looks that way. Murder? No

19. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

What a load of shit, there was nothing fake about that video. you just finished saying that without the cops negligence Floyd would be alive today and that's murder. You just can't bring yourself to say it because the guy was black and the cop was white.
    You mean make the assumption lol?

You implying that Floyd would be alive today if he wasn’t black?

Can you prove this?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (05-30-2020), Stretch (05-30-2020)

21. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 9,824 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    {sigh} You didn't read any of what I said in post #2.
    I did. seemed dumb.

22. The Following User Groans At Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Awful Post:

Stretch (05-30-2020)

23. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    I knew people would get the wrong idea. Please! The entire 4 cops handling this are reprehensible.
    I'm merely pointing out things coming to light in videos and the report. And, there are "no physical findings
    that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation".

I see 4 cops in a squatting position along the entire length of Floyd's body. Since there are no signs of physical
    trauma to the neck area plus the signs he did present, I'm just saying it looks like a cardiac event.
    Maybe newer evidence is yet to come. Maybe another doctor will be brought in to get another opinion. I don't know.
    I'm posting a couple of videos and the Probable Cause Statement.
    I got the right idea. you're a dirty cop apologist.

24. The Following User Groans At Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Awful Post:

Stretch (05-30-2020)

25. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,611 Times in 11,609 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

The autopsy will determine the cause of death. In 2006 we had a similar incident involving a 14 year old black child named Martin Anderson. It appeared that the guards killed him during an altercation.

FDLE officials announced that Anderson's autopsy ruled out "trauma or injury" as the cause of his death.
    The official cause of death was not reported for another five weeks. In mid-February, Bay County Medical Examiner Charles F. Siebert announced that his first autopsy of Anderson determined that the teen died of complications from sickle cell trait, a normally benign and relatively common condition among African Americans.
    On March 12, Anderson's body was exhumed and a second autopsy was conducted by the coroner of Hillsborough County, Dr. Vernard Adams.[11] This time, the autopsy was attended by several other forensic pathologists as consultants to Dr. Adams. Dr. Michael Baden, New York State Police coroner, attended at the request of Anderson's parents and the NAACP.

Dr. Adams found:
    1) Martin Anderson had sickle cell trait.
    2) The repeated blows to Martin Anderson's limbs and the gripping of his limbs left several bruises
    but did not contribute to his death. In other words, he was not beaten to death.
    3) Martin Anderson's death was caused by suffocation due to actions of the guards at the boot camp.
    The suffocation was caused by manual occlusion of the mouth, in concert with forced inhalation of
    ammonia fumes that caused spasm of the vocal cords resulting in internal blockage of the upper airway.
    Vernard I. Adams, M.D.
    Chief Medical Examiner
    So we will have to wait. But it does appear the cops over reacted and caused his death.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (05-30-2020)

27. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,615 Times in 10,048 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    you're trippin'

it just seemed like his knee was on his neck? ftfy.
    My wife says the knee killed him, I ask how do u know how much pressure he is using. She than said well u cant do that without putting a lot on his neck

So i went and got a big ripe tomato out of the fridge

I am 6'2 230.... i put the tomato on floor and put my knee on it

Guess what it didn't smash, and while I was doing it I asked her if she could tell how much pressure i was using ...she said no...I SAID BINGO

28. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    My wife says the knee killed him, I ask how do u know how much pressure he is using. She than said well u cant do that without putting a lot on his neck

So i went and got a big ripe tomato out of the fridge

I am 6'2 230.... i put the tomato on floor and put my knee on it

Guess what it didn't smash, and while I was doing it I asked her if she could tell how much pressure i was using ...she said no...I SAID BINGO
    third degree murder charge.

fuck your tomato experiment, csi.

29. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Was the "Get up!" a Police command? Was it made to make it look like the Suspect was 'resisting arrest' by trying to get up?
    I don't think so because Chauvin knew there was someone making a video of the whole scene and that
    his voice was being recorded. So there was Chauvin and the other 3 cops holding him down while
    sarcastically telling him to "get up".....but of course he couldn't.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Jack (05-30-2020)