Thread: A Horrible Legacy": Dr. Birx Is the Medical Expert Who Props Up the Mad HCQ King

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,616 Times in 9,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default A Horrible Legacy": Dr. Birx Is the Medical Expert Who Props Up the Mad HCQ King

I would not put my reputation on the line for the likes of Trump?!!

While Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, gets raked over the coals by President Donald Trump and his colleagues at the Fox News Channel for speaking his mind and citing evidence-based science discussing the coronavirus pandemic, Dr. Deborah Birx, Fauci’s colleague and coordinator of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, gets a pass from these attacks as she holds back from calling out Trump for even his most foolish and reckless statements.

Case in point: When during a recent press conference, Trump suggested that it “would be interesting to check” if perhaps the injection of disinfectant might serve as “a cleaning.” Birx, took to the microphone immediately after Trump’s statement, and “pointedly avoided saying that Trump’s comments were not just ignorant but actively dangerous, especially if anyone was considering drinking disinfectant,” The Atlantic magazine’s James Fallows noted.

Axios’ Jonathan Swan pointed out that Birx is “better than any of the other public health officials at talking to Trump. While MAGA-land has spent weeks trying to get Anthony Fauci fired, Birx has been far more adept at influencing the president and shaping the administration's response to the global coronavirus pandemic.”

Swan added: “The media is clearly enamored with Fauci, but Dr. Birx is significantly more influential in the West Wing,” one senior White House official told Axios. “It’s influence not just because she’s an operator — she’s also a workhorse. She’s the person building the models and poring over the data every night to brief POTUS and the task force.”

https://buzzflash.com/articles/what-...ppeasing-trump

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,242 Times in 13,967 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Got mixed feelings about her, at times she seems to talk out of both sides of her mouth, saying one thing and reframing it to say it the way Trump wants to hear it, "you shouldn't do XYZ, but you can do XYZ under certain circumstances"

I always thought that it is because she is dedicated to the truth and knows that to piss off Trump will remove her from an active role where she can convey some of the truth, but lately, I got my doubts

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,616 Times in 9,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Got mixed feelings about her, at times she seems to talk out of both sides of her mouth, saying one thing and reframing it to say it the way Trump wants to hear it, "you shouldn't do XYZ, but you can do XYZ under certain circumstances"

I always thought that it is because she is dedicated to the truth and knows that to piss off Trump will remove her from an active role where she can convey some of the truth, but lately, I got my doubts