Thread: If the coronavirus fight is a “war,” Trump has been a disastrous commander in chief

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,494 Times in 9,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

Default If the coronavirus fight is a “war,” Trump has been a disastrous commander in chief

Well Duh?

Some say Trump is the worst “wartime president” ever. He is also the worst peace time president too?!!

Trump has framed the fight against the coronavirus as a war against an “invisible enemy.” But if this is a war, Trump has been a disastrous commander in chief.

He’s offered the nation no real plan to defeat the coronavirus. He continually undercuts the authority of his “generals” in this war — top health officials like Dr. Anthony Fauci who are critical to the war’s success. He’s failed to give his front-line troops — the doctors, nurses, and hospital staff working to treat and save coronavirus patients — the vital equipment they need. And he’s done little to bring the country together to support the war effort.

“I don’t take responsibility at all,” Trump infamously told reporters in March.

Americans must not only suffer the indignity of being drafted into Trump’s war, then, but also suffer the indignity of losing it.

More US citizens have died from the coronavirus than during the Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq Wars combined.

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/26/212673...-war-fauci-ppe

2. The Following User Groans At signalmankenneth For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-01-2020)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-01-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,396 Times in 6,143 Posts
    Blog Entries

" First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

5. The Following User Groans At moon For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-01-2020)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-01-2020)

7. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello signalmankenneth,

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    Well Duh?

Some say Trump is the worst “wartime president” ever. He is also the worst peace time president too?!!

Trump has framed the fight against the coronavirus as a war against an “invisible enemy.” But if this is a war, Trump has been a disastrous commander in chief.

He’s offered the nation no real plan to defeat the coronavirus. He continually undercuts the authority of his “generals” in this war — top health officials like Dr. Anthony Fauci who are critical to the war’s success. He’s failed to give his front-line troops — the doctors, nurses, and hospital staff working to treat and save coronavirus patients — the vital equipment they need. And he’s done little to bring the country together to support the war effort.

“I don’t take responsibility at all,” Trump infamously told reporters in March.

Americans must not only suffer the indignity of being drafted into Trump’s war, then, but also suffer the indignity of losing it.

More US citizens have died from the coronavirus than during the Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq Wars combined.

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/26/212673...-war-fauci-ppe

It is a war, we have a terrible commander in chief, and half the troops are now walking away from the fight in total denial that the war rages on.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-01-2020)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

signalmankenneth (06-01-2020)

10. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello signalmankenneth,

It is a war, we have a terrible commander in chief, and half the troops are now walking away from the fight in total denial that the war rages on.
    Lies, Snowflake.

Shouldn’t you be cheering for the economic loss?

11. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

signalmankenneth (06-01-2020)