Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: DT Incites Violence, Twitter Explodes With Criticism... A Corona Diversion?

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    It's assholes like you that stoke the flames of hatred. Kill yourself.
    Indeed.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello signalmankenneth,

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    Like PoliTalker said, it's a corona virus diversion! Trump and his response and handling of the corona virus has been a total failure and lack of leadership too! This diversion won't work either, as the deaths are steadily mounting daily?!!

Thank you. (That cartoon is great!)

Deaths continue to mount at a rate of about 1000 per day.

30 days = 30K more dead Americans.

I would expect that to taper off, not because of any particular victories but because so many of the vulnerable at-risk population has been killed off by the virus.

But then we are opening up too soon, easing social distancing, dropping our guard, so that would tend to increase cases and deaths.

What will the gruesome net result be?

Time will tell.

Having gotten to know the president's con, it is no surprise that he would rather take his chances on criticism of inciting a race war rather than criticism for mishandling the coronavirus response.

I think he's just going to tick off more people, and there's no way he's keeping the pandemic out of the news.

As soon as the latest race war battles settle down, the pandemic is again the big story. The story has staying power because the death toll is so high, the danger still present.

DT's distractions will not work this time.

We've seen this from the start, right when he created that whole controversy about the Broadway players asking Pence to listen to reason as a diversion from his embarrassing $25 million settlement to victims of his fraudulent self-named 'university,' which was really just a scam to bilk unsuspecting 'students' out of their 'tuition' money.

They got a lesson in getting rich, alright. They learned how DT gets rich. And they got ripped off in the process. They learned how easy it is to blow hard-earned money on something that sounds too good to be true.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-31-2020)

4. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    For starters I would have thought there would have been violence only if it was announced he wasn't charged, not in the meantime while we wait.

You announce a curfew on a largely black protest and the cries of racism will be heard from coast to coast. That's why you don't do it. It would be fuel on the fire.
    Yet they've announced a curfew anyway!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Earl (05-31-2020)

6. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's assholes like you that stoke the flames of hatred. Kill yourself.
    She's fucking sick, no wonder she has so many on ignore!

7. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grajonca View Post
    She's fucking sick, no wonder she has so many on ignore!
    Indeed.

8. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

It doesn't matter who owns the businesses that are attacked. Don't those idiots who ravage and burn businesses realize they can be shot? Hell, if it was possible, instead of shooting them, lock them in and let them burn alive. I understand most people (except criminals) don't have guns in the large cities, but business owners could have a shotgun to protect their businesses. It sure would be a deterrent. Even load them with rock salt, a blast of rock salt in the face is an attitude changer.
    You know, to be honest, I really wasn't a fan of those protesting the governors to open up their states, much less the need to carry their firearms. But the left was screaming Nazis, white supremacists, etc!! You cannot deny the fact that, even with all those firearms, there wasn't ANY violence of any kind. Kinda shows the mindset of the protesters, wouldn't you say?
    I've seen video of small business/store owners standing guard in front of their stores with a gun. I don't blame them. (I believe a store owner in Minneapolis shot a looter of his store and got arrested. I would need to read up more on that and get a better understanding of what is and isn't allowed while protecting your business.)

I will say I see on Facebook a number of friends/acquaintances who have been out protesting. And while I generally don't agree with these people politically I know they aren't out to cause trouble. These events draw people who don't a sh*t about the cause, it's just an excuse to cause trouble and riot, loot and wreck general havoc. That's also not to say there aren't real protesters who are also doing the looting. I'm not giving them all a pass.

9. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I've seen video of small business/store owners standing guard in front of their stores with a gun. I don't blame them. (I believe a store owner in Minneapolis shot a looter of his store and got arrested. I would need to read up more on that and get a better understanding of what is and isn't allowed while protecting your business.)

I will say I see on Facebook a number of friends/acquaintances who have been out protesting. And while I generally don't agree with these people politically I know they aren't out to cause trouble. These events draw people who don't a sh*t about the cause, it's just an excuse to cause trouble and riot, loot and wreck general havoc. That's also not to say there aren't real protesters who are also doing the looting. I'm not giving them all a pass.
    A good observation.

I still cannot help but notice that the immediate reaction to something like this, the taking to the streets to protest, is not violent. The violence begins when the trouble-makers are drawn to the uprising like moths to a flame.

And the more time that goes by, the more days of travel-time which elapse, the more violent it gets as instigators and provocateurs have time to travel, sometimes long distance, to enter the fray.

The travel time delay of the worst violence strongly tells us that outside people are coming in to do that.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.