Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: DT Incites Violence, Twitter Explodes With Criticism... A Corona Diversion?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    You want to see some real violence in a time like this, put in a curfew. Can you imagine cops out trying to enforce it? That's just fuel on the fire.
    The enforcement would have to be augmented with State Police, National Guard. Those elements have had to be brought in anyway by now. I'm just looking back and realizing it would have been smarter to just bring them in at the outset before the whole community is set ablaze. There either needed to be an arrest, or a curfew. No arrest and no curfew is vandalism waiting to happen. I don't know why the arrest took so long. Did they have to wait for a cause of death determination?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-29-2020)

3. #32 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,517 Times in 16,979 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

What are they going to do? If it were my neighborhood I still wouldn't go stand in front of a store and put myself in harms way. I'm not risking my life for that and I can't imagine others want to as well.
    Then you city folk aren't as protective as us rural folk. We'll stand and protect what is ours from violent thugs and thieves, you can go run and hide.

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello cawacko,

The enforcement would have to be augmented with State Police, National Guard. Those elements have had to be brought in anyway by now. I'm just looking back and realizing it would have been smarter to just bring them in at the outset before the whole community is set ablaze. There either needed to be an arrest, or a curfew. No arrest and no curfew is vandalism waiting to happen. I don't know why the arrest took so long. Did they have to wait for a cause of death determination?
    For starters I would have thought there would have been violence only if it was announced he wasn't charged, not in the meantime while we wait.

You announce a curfew on a largely black protest and the cries of racism will be heard from coast to coast. That's why you don't do it. It would be fuel on the fire.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Then you city folk aren't as protective as us rural folk. We'll stand and protect what is ours from violent thugs and thieves, you can go run and hide.
    You're talking about a City here with several million people. It's not a small rural town. It's not that people in the City don't care but it's not like an area with a few blocks of a downtown. You have thousands of people, who aren't armed, and you can't control all of them.

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're talking about a City here with several million people. It's not a small rural town. It's not that people in the City don't care but it's not like an area with a few blocks of a downtown. You have thousands of people, who aren't armed, and you can't control all of them.
    All it takes are a few people with balls to stop a mob. And the type of firepower needed is not lethal. Tear gas is not lethal and will change your attitude in a hurry.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Earl (05-29-2020)

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello cawacko,

Precisely.

The concerned community is out there in the daylight, carrying BLM signs, marching in an orderly group.

The ne'er do wells are drawn to the occasion, bringing a different agenda.

The grieving mothers and families are not out there after dark destroying their own community.

Any political view which believes they are is only using that as a basis to augment a pre-determined position.
    Of course, as usual, in the absence of actual EVIDENCE, libs always resort making shit up
    Every life matters

9. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Earl (05-29-2020)

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

All it takes are a few people with balls to stop a mob. And the type of firepower needed is not lethal. Tear gas is not lethal and will change your attitude in a hurry.
    The reality is most people don't want around with weapons and tear gas that aren't cops. I think the looting f'ing sucks but I'm not risking my life to save a Target store. That's the job of the police.

Now you see a few owners standing in front of their stores and that's a different story.

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The reality is most people don't want around with weapons and tear gas that aren't cops. I think the looting f'ing sucks but I'm not risking my life to save a Target store. That's the job of the police.

Now you see a few owners standing in front of their stores and that's a different story.
    Then would you help them?

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Exactly...all it would have taken was a couple bombs dropped on Cliven Bundy and his terrorist horde to kill the rabid Conservatism we see today.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

13. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-29-2020)

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Then would you help them?
    No. I don't own any weapons and I'm not trying to die over protecting someone's store. There are numerous protests in Oakland and San Francisco where groups break off and do property damage. I'm not going out as a human shield. I was in South Central L.A. during the Rodney King riots, I was not walking out into the streets as a human shield.

That's not the hill I'm dying on.

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Exactly...all it would have taken was a couple bombs dropped on Cliven Bundy and his terrorist horde to kill the rabid Conservatism we see today.

Idiot

16. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Earl (05-29-2020)

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    BULL SHIT The violence was already occurring and the animals in that community were engaged in burning down police buildings, businesses, looting them, burning peoples cars and personal property and you dumb twats on the left and your PHONY media attempt to defend this stupidity.

Indeed.

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No. I don't own any weapons and I'm not trying to die over protecting someone's store. There are numerous protests in Oakland and San Francisco where groups break off and do property damage. I'm not going out as a human shield. I was in South Central L.A. during the Rodney King riots, I was not walking out into the streets as a human shield.

That's not the hill I'm dying on.
    You city people pass each other every day. you know each other. You live in hundreds of tiny cubicles in the same cement box. You must have lots of friends, or at least acquaintances.
    Why on earth wouldn't you want to protect your city? There's far more of you in the city than there are of us out here in rural America, yet we'd go help our neighbors protect their property.
    Your point is taken, though....I guess...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Truth Detector (06-01-2020)

20. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You city people pass each other every day. you know each other. You live in hundreds of tiny cubicles in the same cement box. You must have lots of friends, or at least acquaintances.
    Why on earth wouldn't you want to protect your city? There's far more of you in the city than there are of us out here in rural America, yet we'd go help our neighbors protect their property.
    Your point is taken, though....I guess...
    There are almost one million people who live in San Francisco and hundreds of thousands of others that visit here on a daily basis. I know very few of these people. I don't have a schedule of protests where I gather a group of people and go to each one to make sure nothing happens in these protests. It doesn't work that way. It's why we have cops. That's their job.

I am in no way shape or form supporting the looters or suggesting it is ok. But this isn't a small town that has one coffee shop, one market, one theater etc. There are many parts of SF I've never visited. If someone throws a rock through a building in that area I'm not going there to die over it.

21. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There are almost one million people who live in San Francisco and hundreds of thousands of others that visit here on a daily basis. I know very few of these people. I don't have a schedule of protests where I gather a group of people and go to each one to make sure nothing happens in these protests. It doesn't work that way. It's why we have cops. That's their job.
    I never assumed you had a schedule of protests, don't go retard on me. I'm just curious why people who live so close to each other wouldn't lift a finger to help their neighbors.
    I guess we're just very different the way we live our lives and what we see every day and from the people we come in contact with.