Thread: Biden raised the pandemic alarm in October as Trump complained about iPhone buttons

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Werewolf Biden raised the pandemic alarm in October as Trump complained about iPhone buttons

Joe Biden tweeted about the US’s lack of preparedness for a pandemic in October, according to a tweet the former vice president reposted on Thursday.

The former vice president paired his 25 October tweet with one from the same day last year by Donald Trump, in which the president complained to Apple’s Tim Cook about the functionality of his iPhone.

Mr Biden’s tweet read: “We are not prepared for a pandemic. Trump has rolled back progress President Obama and I made to strengthen global health security.”

He continued: “We need leadership that builds public trust, focuses on real threats, and mobilises the world to stop outbreaks before they reach our shores.”

The tweet included a link to a Washington Post story from the previous day that said that 195 countries, including the US, are not fully prepared for a pandemic.

Joe Biden

@JoeBiden

Two tweets from the same day in October.
    View image on Twitter
    View image on Twitter
    7:32 AM - May 28, 2020
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

43K people are talking about this

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    Oct 25, 2019
    To Tim: The Button on the IPhone was FAR better than the Swipe!

More @ source
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post

Joe Biden tweeted about the US’s lack of preparedness for a pandemic in October, according to a tweet the former vice president reposted on Thursday.

The former vice president paired his 25 October tweet with one from the same day last year by Donald Trump, in which the president complained to Apple’s Tim Cook about the functionality of his iPhone.

Mr Biden’s tweet read: “We are not prepared for a pandemic. Trump has rolled back progress President Obama and I made to strengthen global health security.”

He continued: “We need leadership that builds public trust, focuses on real threats, and mobilises the world to stop outbreaks before they reach our shores.”

The tweet included a link to a Washington Post story from the previous day that said that 195 countries, including the US, are not fully prepared for a pandemic.

Joe Biden

@JoeBiden

View image on Twitter
    View image on Twitter

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    Oct 25, 2019

More @ source
    I cannot, in good conscience, vote for either Trump or Biden. If the election comes down to one vote, I will apologize to both sides.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Will you vote??

I always vote, rarely ever for and R or D...........

I want them to know I voted, & didn't vote for them..... There is no ambiguity there..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have been planning to write in Tulsi Gabbard. She endorsed Biden, so I am still contemplating the matter.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Considering her as well.......

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,023 Times in 8,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Joe Biden

@JoeBiden

View image on Twitter
    View image on Twitter

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    Oct 25, 2019

More @ source
    Some people have gravitas, and other people are trump.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Joe Biden

@JoeBiden

View image on Twitter
    View image on Twitter

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    Oct 25, 2019

More @ source
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while Wild Bill. This is scraping the barrel here for Biden.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Joe Biden

@JoeBiden

View image on Twitter
    View image on Twitter

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    Oct 25, 2019

More @ source
    One of these men is conversing on a presidential level. The other is conversing on a teenager level.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (05-30-2020)

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Bill,

One of these men is conversing on a presidential level. The other is conversing on a teenager level.
    Hmm, I wonder who's conversing at a "creepy uncle" kind of level?

Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while Wild Bill. This is scraping the barrel here for Biden.

Hey, I can only do the best I can w/ what I got to work w/...

Pretty sad here, when I, a non-democrat, have no plans to vote for biden & yet I post more threads on him than anyone..... Which isn't saying much~his supporters don't seem to have much to cheer about or post...