Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mason View Post
    Not my business to bring you to God
    Apparently not God's business either.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,530 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    then wouldn't it be your responsibility to care for them instead of God's?......
    They are examples.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

and you know he did nothing for your food how?.....
    Because the evidence of reality shows that we did everything, this imaginary friend of yours did nothing.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

not at all......to thank God for your sustenance isn't the same as thanking him for buttering your toast.....it is acknowledging his role in all things from the creation of soil, to the provision of rain, the health of the farmer, the safety of the truck driver, the loving parent who DID butter your toast......if you don't in fact acknowledge his role, then it would NOT be logical for you to give him thanks......but it is not illogical for those of us who do acknowledge it, to give him thanks for all those things........
    Rubbish. We are ordered to praise an imaginary being for providing nothing of value to our lives.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Rubbish. We are ordered to praise an imaginary being for providing nothing of value to our lives.
    sorry, but no......first, you aren't "ordered" to do anything.......you either do it because you choose to or you do not do it because you choose not to.....second, he is only imaginary to those who choose to believe he's imaginary........third, you can only say he's done nothing of value if you ignore what he does.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Because the evidence of reality shows that we did everything, this imaginary friend of yours did nothing.
    oh......then thanks for the rain we got last night.......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They are examples.
    they probably think you are imaginary and have nothing to help them in their daily lives.....

8. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

sorry, but no......first, you aren't "ordered" to do anything.......you either do it because you choose to or you do not do it because you choose not to.....second, he is only imaginary to those who choose to believe he's imaginary........third, you can only say he's done nothing of value if you ignore what he does.......
    We are told (ordered) to thank the imaginary being for our sustenance. What has this being done to provide my food? As to your second point, this being only exists in your "belief", however you define imaginary, a being that exists only in your "belief" is imaginary.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

9. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

they probably think you are imaginary and have nothing to help them in their daily lives.....
    Works for me. When my children grow up and buy their own food I have no urge for them to pretend that I've done something for it and for them to call me up and thank me for the food they are eating. Nor would I want a whole planet full of my children to constantly be thanking me for food. It's inane.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

10. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We are told (ordered) to thank the imaginary being for our sustenance.
    can you show me a copy of this order?......I apparently didn't get a copy........

11. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Works for me. When my children grow up and buy their own food I have no urge for them to pretend that I've done something for it and for them to call me up and thank me for the food they are eating.
    you didn't raise your children right?......

12. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

As to your second point, this being only exists in your "belief", however you define imaginary, a being that exists only in your "belief" is imaginary.
    and he doesn't exist in your "belief".......I suspect that makes it equally imaginary does it not?......

13. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you didn't raise your children right?......
    Because I don't want them to constantly thank me for giving them something they provided for themselves? Sounds like somebody doesn't understand the "thou shall not judge" command from their imaginary friend.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

14. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

and he doesn't exist in your "belief".......I suspect that makes it equally imaginary does it not?......
    Hence my use of imaginary.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

15. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

can you show me a copy of this order?......I apparently didn't get a copy........
    Colossians 3:17
    And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle