Members banned from this thread: Truth Detector and Dutch Uncle


Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 121 to 129 of 129

Thread: Faith

  1. #121 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    2,348
    Thanked 1,704 Times in 1,412 Posts
    Groans
    520
    Groaned 545 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    oh......then thanks for the rain we got last night.......
    Rain is the result of natural processes with no indication of any input from a supernatural entity.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

    Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.


    "When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

    The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

  2. #122 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    77,649
    Thanks
    1,929
    Thanked 10,189 Times in 6,700 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 429 Times in 399 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Colossians 3:17
    And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
    This isn't the only one either... there are tons of verses commanding you to thank the deity for nearly anything, but also a few specifically noting that because Jesus prayed over food so too should you...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

    Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

  3. #123 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    2,348
    Thanked 1,704 Times in 1,412 Posts
    Groans
    520
    Groaned 545 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    sorry, but no......first, you aren't "ordered" to do anything.......you either do it because you choose to or you do not do it because you choose not to.....second, he is only imaginary to those who choose to believe he's imaginary........third, you can only say he's done nothing of value if you ignore what he does.......
    He only exists because of your desire that He exists. He is your delusion. You have no evidence that He's ever done anything.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

    Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.


    "When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

    The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

  4. #124 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    6,907
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,695 Times in 2,085 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 120 Times in 116 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason? View Post
    Attachment 15437Straight

    This is what Faith is all about
    Faith? Biblical faith is constructed through KNOWLEDGE. There is no "blind faith" in scriptural doctrine. No Christian abandons rationality and evidence in exchange for intellectual dishonesty and ignorance of truth.

    The faith spoken of in the Holy Scriptures is a faith that is always proceeded by KNOWLEDGE. No one can possess BIBLICAL FAITH in God until HE/SHE comes to the knowledge and acceptance of God.

    FAITH is not accepting what one cannot prove. Faith can never outrun knowledge.

    Example. You go out and start your automobile everyday while preparing to go to work...…..you accept through faith that today will be like all previous days (your automobile has never failed to start previously....yet you have no guarantee that is will start today......you simply EXPECT it to work because of the knowledge you have gained previously with each successful start).

    Faith is dependent upon KNOWLEDGE. Romans: 10:17. "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God."

    Father Abraham was said to have had faith only after he came to the knowledge of God's promises. (Romans 4:20-21). His (Abraham's) faith was manifested in his trust and submission to what he knew was the will of God.

    The God that is responsible for inspiring the historical records found in both testaments (new and old)…..has stressed the requirement to seek out truth, to worship in truth...to reject that which is easily demonstrated to be error and falsehoods.

    In Fact: According to the record found in scripture......its wickedness for those who fail to seek out truth. (Jer. 5:1) Another section of scripture declares "Buy the truth and sell it not...." -- Pr. 23:23

    Christians are commanded to LOVE THE TRUTH and reject untruths (2 Thes. 2:10-12) We are commanded to study and seek out the truth that is actually recorded in scripture (2 Tim. 2:15)

    Jesus declared that KNOWING THE TRUTH is the only method of finding true freedom (John 8:32)

    Luke tells us in scripture to search and examine evidences rather than simply taking someone's word (That would be blind there are countless millions of people who fail to seek truth for themselves but BLINDLY follow false doctrine. A good example of such useless faith are the TV preachers who tell us, "God loves you...…...but send your money to MY ADDRESS". Christians are promised nothing extra in this life......a Christians sabbath (rest) comes after this race called life if over....while breathing and living....God plays no favorites. The rain falls on the just and the unjust. Acts:17:11

    Peter tells us to be prepared...….ALWAYS to give a defense for the faith that rests in our heart......a faith that is constructed upon hearing the word of God (scripture). 1 Peter 3:15

    Be weary of anyone that tells you when questioned....."I don't know, I just accept it on faith."

  5. #125 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    23,876
    Thanks
    2,612
    Thanked 7,082 Times in 5,827 Posts
    Groans
    440
    Groaned 1,193 Times in 1,162 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Faith? Biblical faith is constructed through KNOWLEDGE. There is no "blind faith" in scriptural doctrine. No Christian abandons rationality and evidence in exchange for intellectual dishonesty and ignorance of truth.

    The faith spoken of in the Holy Scriptures is a faith that is always proceeded by KNOWLEDGE. No one can possess BIBLICAL FAITH in God until HE/SHE comes to the knowledge and acceptance of God.

    FAITH is not accepting what one cannot prove. Faith can never outrun knowledge.

    Example. You go out and start your automobile everyday while preparing to go to work...…..you accept through faith that today will be like all previous days (your automobile has never failed to start previously....yet you have no guarantee that is will start today......you simply EXPECT it to work because of the knowledge you have gained previously with each successful start).

    Faith is dependent upon KNOWLEDGE. Romans: 10:17. "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God."

    Father Abraham was said to have had faith only after he came to the knowledge of God's promises. (Romans 4:20-21). His (Abraham's) faith was manifested in his trust and submission to what he knew was the will of God.

    The God that is responsible for inspiring the historical records found in both testaments (new and old)…..has stressed the requirement to seek out truth, to worship in truth...to reject that which is easily demonstrated to be error and falsehoods.

    In Fact: According to the record found in scripture......its wickedness for those who fail to seek out truth. (Jer. 5:1) Another section of scripture declares "Buy the truth and sell it not...." -- Pr. 23:23

    Christians are commanded to LOVE THE TRUTH and reject untruths (2 Thes. 2:10-12) We are commanded to study and seek out the truth that is actually recorded in scripture (2 Tim. 2:15)

    Jesus declared that KNOWING THE TRUTH is the only method of finding true freedom (John 8:32)

    Luke tells us in scripture to search and examine evidences rather than simply taking someone's word (That would be blind there are countless millions of people who fail to seek truth for themselves but BLINDLY follow false doctrine. A good example of such useless faith are the TV preachers who tell us, "God loves you...…...but send your money to MY ADDRESS". Christians are promised nothing extra in this life......a Christians sabbath (rest) comes after this race called life if over....while breathing and living....God plays no favorites. The rain falls on the just and the unjust. Acts:17:11

    Peter tells us to be prepared...….ALWAYS to give a defense for the faith that rests in our heart......a faith that is constructed upon hearing the word of God (scripture). 1 Peter 3:15

    Be weary of anyone that tells you when questioned....."I don't know, I just accept it on faith."
    I got Faith from the Holy Spirit,long before I owned a Bible!
    Apollyon

  6. #126 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    2,348
    Thanked 1,704 Times in 1,412 Posts
    Groans
    520
    Groaned 545 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mason View Post
    I got Faith from the Holy Spirit,long before I owned a Bible!
    Faith comes from a lack of knowledge.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

    Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.


    "When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

    The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

  7. #127 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,538
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked 195 Times in 156 Posts
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    He only exists because of your desire that He exists. He is your delusion. You have no evidence that He's ever done anything.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    He? How did this insight come to you? Years of monastic life? Years of serving the poor?

    desire? How did you learn about desire?

    delusion? How are you expert in recognising delusion?

    evidence? Who did all the somethings?



    Who did all the works around you? The pre-dementia zombies?


    Have you notice how many things exist that allow you to live ---things that control you:

    Digestion,
    Blood circulation,
    Breathing,
    Sleeping urges,
    Stirring awake,
    reproduction,
    health ...

    The above list is filled with works that you cannot counter act!

    You are NOT a "controller" you must do what nature forces you to do!

    Look around you ---you claim that the wood, plaster, metal, glass, electricity, water, fire, rain and toilet flushing is all due to mankind.

    Get a real job!

  8. #128 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    6,907
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,695 Times in 2,085 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 120 Times in 116 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mason View Post
    I got Faith from the Holy Spirit,long before I owned a Bible!
    Strange...…….ain't it? How you have a direct communication with the God of Creation. According to the word of God...…….you must be an apostle of Christ with all the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Personally I think you are merely "delusional". How many folks have you healed of terminal disease or accident? How many books of the Bible have you drafted through divine inspiration? How blind folk have you healed from blindness? I am sure you would have no problem documenting (just like the Apostles of Christ did) such supernatural abilities with eye witnesses of your self professed powers.

    False Doctrine. Or do you not accept the words of the Holy Bible.....as inspired by the same Holy Spirit that you claim to be in communication? The Bible......the only tool used to measure Christian Truth tells us that FAITH cometh from Hearing and Hearing by the WORD OF GOD.

    God has no respect of person. So when you claim to be SPECIAL....I must challenge such fake doctrine. Just PROVE ME WRONG......submit to us a documented miraculous event directed by YOUR HOLY SPIRIT, as its not the Holy Spirit found to exist within the pages of the Holy Scriptures.

    If you do not require the Holy Scriptures to find God and salvation...…...then everyone on earth is born with an innate guaranteed salvation....through BLIND FAITH. A faith in "nothing"....is what you are promoting and propagating.

    If the scriptures are not important to Christianity why did the Holy Spirit inspire such writing, "STUDY.....to show yourself approved of God, a workman that needth not be ashamed, RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH...…" -- 2 Tim 2:15

    The scriptures tell us that FAITH was delivered once and for all time......in the 1st century. (Jude 3) Again...…...Christian faith cometh by hearing...…..and hearing by the word of God. A faith based upon anything other than the truth delivered through the saints of the 1st century that drafted the inspired word of God.....is a faith constructed not on sound ground but sand.
    Last edited by Ralph; 06-03-2020 at 03:12 PM.

  9. #129 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    23,876
    Thanks
    2,612
    Thanked 7,082 Times in 5,827 Posts
    Groans
    440
    Groaned 1,193 Times in 1,162 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Strange...…….ain't it? How you have a direct communication with the God of Creation. According to the word of God...…….you must be an apostle of Christ with all the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Personally I think you are merely "delusional". How many folks have you healed of terminal disease or accident? How many books of the Bible have you drafted through divine inspiration? How blind folk have you healed from blindness? I am sure you would have no problem documenting (just like the Apostles of Christ did) such supernatural abilities with eye witnesses of your self professed powers.

    False Doctrine. Or do you not accept the words of the Holy Bible.....as inspired by the same Holy Spirit that you claim to be in communication? The Bible......the only tool used to measure Christian Truth tells us that FAITH cometh from Hearing and Hearing by the WORD OF GOD.

    God has no respect of person. So when you claim to be SPECIAL....I must challenge such fake doctrine. Just PROVE ME WRONG......submit to us a documented miraculous event directed by YOUR HOLY SPIRIT, as its not the Holy Spirit found to exist within the pages of the Holy Scriptures.

    If you do not require the Holy Scriptures to find God and salvation...…...then everyone on earth is born with an innate guaranteed salvation....through BLIND FAITH. A faith in "nothing"....is what you are promoting and propagating.

    If the scriptures are not important to Christianity why did the Holy Spirit inspire such writing, "STUDY.....to show yourself approved of God, a workman that needth not be ashamed, RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH...…" -- 2 Tim 2:15

    The scriptures tell us that FAITH was delivered once and for all time......in the 1st century. (Jude 3) Again...…...Christian faith cometh by hearing...…..and hearing by the word of God. A faith based upon anything other than the truth delivered through the saints of the 1st century that drafted the inspired word of God.....is a faith constructed not on sound ground but sand.
    Do some research on Pentecost!
    Apollyon

Similar Threads

  1. Faith-Based RE-SET!!!!
    By Mr. Shaman in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2016, 09:38 AM
  2. Departure from faith
    By Granule in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2013, 07:22 PM
  3. My Muslim faith
    By theMAJORITY in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 01:39 PM
  4. The Faith Trap
    By Dixie - In Memoriam in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 07:25 AM
  5. Who has more faith
    By Timshel in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 03:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •