Thread: Faith

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    oh......then thanks for the rain we got last night.......
    Rain is the result of natural processes with no indication of any input from a supernatural entity.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Colossians 3:17
    And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
    This isn't the only one either... there are tons of verses commanding you to thank the deity for nearly anything, but also a few specifically noting that because Jesus prayed over food so too should you...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    sorry, but no......first, you aren't "ordered" to do anything.......you either do it because you choose to or you do not do it because you choose not to.....second, he is only imaginary to those who choose to believe he's imaginary........third, you can only say he's done nothing of value if you ignore what he does.......
    He only exists because of your desire that He exists. He is your delusion. You have no evidence that He's ever done anything.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

4. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mason? View Post
    Attachment 15437Straight

This is what Faith is all about
    Faith? Biblical faith is constructed through KNOWLEDGE. There is no "blind faith" in scriptural doctrine. No Christian abandons rationality and evidence in exchange for intellectual dishonesty and ignorance of truth.

The faith spoken of in the Holy Scriptures is a faith that is always proceeded by KNOWLEDGE. No one can possess BIBLICAL FAITH in God until HE/SHE comes to the knowledge and acceptance of God.

FAITH is not accepting what one cannot prove. Faith can never outrun knowledge.

Example. You go out and start your automobile everyday while preparing to go to work...…..you accept through faith that today will be like all previous days (your automobile has never failed to start previously....yet you have no guarantee that is will start today......you simply EXPECT it to work because of the knowledge you have gained previously with each successful start).

Faith is dependent upon KNOWLEDGE. Romans: 10:17. "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God."

Father Abraham was said to have had faith only after he came to the knowledge of God's promises. (Romans 4:20-21). His (Abraham's) faith was manifested in his trust and submission to what he knew was the will of God.

The God that is responsible for inspiring the historical records found in both testaments (new and old)…..has stressed the requirement to seek out truth, to worship in truth...to reject that which is easily demonstrated to be error and falsehoods.

In Fact: According to the record found in scripture......its wickedness for those who fail to seek out truth. (Jer. 5:1) Another section of scripture declares "Buy the truth and sell it not...." -- Pr. 23:23

Christians are commanded to LOVE THE TRUTH and reject untruths (2 Thes. 2:10-12) We are commanded to study and seek out the truth that is actually recorded in scripture (2 Tim. 2:15)

Jesus declared that KNOWING THE TRUTH is the only method of finding true freedom (John 8:32)

Luke tells us in scripture to search and examine evidences rather than simply taking someone's word (That would be blind there are countless millions of people who fail to seek truth for themselves but BLINDLY follow false doctrine. A good example of such useless faith are the TV preachers who tell us, "God loves you...…...but send your money to MY ADDRESS". Christians are promised nothing extra in this life......a Christians sabbath (rest) comes after this race called life if over....while breathing and living....God plays no favorites. The rain falls on the just and the unjust. Acts:17:11

Peter tells us to be prepared...….ALWAYS to give a defense for the faith that rests in our heart......a faith that is constructed upon hearing the word of God (scripture). 1 Peter 3:15

Be weary of anyone that tells you when questioned....."I don't know, I just accept it on faith."

5. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 Times in 9,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Faith? Biblical faith is constructed through KNOWLEDGE. There is no "blind faith" in scriptural doctrine. No Christian abandons rationality and evidence in exchange for intellectual dishonesty and ignorance of truth.

The faith spoken of in the Holy Scriptures is a faith that is always proceeded by KNOWLEDGE. No one can possess BIBLICAL FAITH in God until HE/SHE comes to the knowledge and acceptance of God.

FAITH is not accepting what one cannot prove. Faith can never outrun knowledge.

Example. You go out and start your automobile everyday while preparing to go to work...…..you accept through faith that today will be like all previous days (your automobile has never failed to start previously....yet you have no guarantee that is will start today......you simply EXPECT it to work because of the knowledge you have gained previously with each successful start).

Faith is dependent upon KNOWLEDGE. Romans: 10:17. "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God."

Father Abraham was said to have had faith only after he came to the knowledge of God's promises. (Romans 4:20-21). His (Abraham's) faith was manifested in his trust and submission to what he knew was the will of God.

The God that is responsible for inspiring the historical records found in both testaments (new and old)…..has stressed the requirement to seek out truth, to worship in truth...to reject that which is easily demonstrated to be error and falsehoods.

In Fact: According to the record found in scripture......its wickedness for those who fail to seek out truth. (Jer. 5:1) Another section of scripture declares "Buy the truth and sell it not...." -- Pr. 23:23

Christians are commanded to LOVE THE TRUTH and reject untruths (2 Thes. 2:10-12) We are commanded to study and seek out the truth that is actually recorded in scripture (2 Tim. 2:15)

Jesus declared that KNOWING THE TRUTH is the only method of finding true freedom (John 8:32)

Luke tells us in scripture to search and examine evidences rather than simply taking someone's word (That would be blind there are countless millions of people who fail to seek truth for themselves but BLINDLY follow false doctrine. A good example of such useless faith are the TV preachers who tell us, "God loves you...…...but send your money to MY ADDRESS". Christians are promised nothing extra in this life......a Christians sabbath (rest) comes after this race called life if over....while breathing and living....God plays no favorites. The rain falls on the just and the unjust. Acts:17:11

Peter tells us to be prepared...….ALWAYS to give a defense for the faith that rests in our heart......a faith that is constructed upon hearing the word of God (scripture). 1 Peter 3:15

Be weary of anyone that tells you when questioned....."I don't know, I just accept it on faith."
    I got Faith from the Holy Spirit,long before I owned a Bible!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

6. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mason View Post
    Faith comes from a lack of knowledge.

7. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    He only exists because of your desire that He exists. He is your delusion. You have no evidence that He's ever done anything.

He? How did this insight come to you? Years of monastic life? Years of serving the poor?

desire? How did you learn about desire?

delusion? How are you expert in recognising delusion?

evidence? Who did all the somethings?

Who did all the works around you? The pre-dementia zombies?

Have you notice how many things exist that allow you to live ---things that control you:

Digestion,
    Blood circulation,
    Breathing,
    Sleeping urges,
    Stirring awake,
    reproduction,
    health ...

The above list is filled with works that you cannot counter act!

You are NOT a "controller" you must do what nature forces you to do!

Look around you ---you claim that the wood, plaster, metal, glass, electricity, water, fire, rain and toilet flushing is all due to mankind.

Get a real job!

8. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mason View Post
    Strange...…….ain't it? How you have a direct communication with the God of Creation. According to the word of God...…….you must be an apostle of Christ with all the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Personally I think you are merely "delusional". How many folks have you healed of terminal disease or accident? How many books of the Bible have you drafted through divine inspiration? How blind folk have you healed from blindness? I am sure you would have no problem documenting (just like the Apostles of Christ did) such supernatural abilities with eye witnesses of your self professed powers.

False Doctrine. Or do you not accept the words of the Holy Bible.....as inspired by the same Holy Spirit that you claim to be in communication? The Bible......the only tool used to measure Christian Truth tells us that FAITH cometh from Hearing and Hearing by the WORD OF GOD.

God has no respect of person. So when you claim to be SPECIAL....I must challenge such fake doctrine. Just PROVE ME WRONG......submit to us a documented miraculous event directed by YOUR HOLY SPIRIT, as its not the Holy Spirit found to exist within the pages of the Holy Scriptures.

If you do not require the Holy Scriptures to find God and salvation...…...then everyone on earth is born with an innate guaranteed salvation....through BLIND FAITH. A faith in "nothing"....is what you are promoting and propagating.

If the scriptures are not important to Christianity why did the Holy Spirit inspire such writing, "STUDY.....to show yourself approved of God, a workman that needth not be ashamed, RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH...…" -- 2 Tim 2:15

The scriptures tell us that FAITH was delivered once and for all time......in the 1st century. (Jude 3) Again...…...Christian faith cometh by hearing...…..and hearing by the word of God. A faith based upon anything other than the truth delivered through the saints of the 1st century that drafted the inspired word of God.....is a faith constructed not on sound ground but sand.
    Last edited by Ralph; 06-03-2020 at 03:12 PM.

9. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 Times in 9,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Strange...…….ain't it? How you have a direct communication with the God of Creation. According to the word of God...…….you must be an apostle of Christ with all the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Personally I think you are merely "delusional". How many folks have you healed of terminal disease or accident? How many books of the Bible have you drafted through divine inspiration? How blind folk have you healed from blindness? I am sure you would have no problem documenting (just like the Apostles of Christ did) such supernatural abilities with eye witnesses of your self professed powers.

False Doctrine. Or do you not accept the words of the Holy Bible.....as inspired by the same Holy Spirit that you claim to be in communication? The Bible......the only tool used to measure Christian Truth tells us that FAITH cometh from Hearing and Hearing by the WORD OF GOD.

God has no respect of person. So when you claim to be SPECIAL....I must challenge such fake doctrine. Just PROVE ME WRONG......submit to us a documented miraculous event directed by YOUR HOLY SPIRIT, as its not the Holy Spirit found to exist within the pages of the Holy Scriptures.

If you do not require the Holy Scriptures to find God and salvation...…...then everyone on earth is born with an innate guaranteed salvation....through BLIND FAITH. A faith in "nothing"....is what you are promoting and propagating.

If the scriptures are not important to Christianity why did the Holy Spirit inspire such writing, "STUDY.....to show yourself approved of God, a workman that needth not be ashamed, RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH...…" -- 2 Tim 2:15

The scriptures tell us that FAITH was delivered once and for all time......in the 1st century. (Jude 3) Again...…...Christian faith cometh by hearing...…..and hearing by the word of God. A faith based upon anything other than the truth delivered through the saints of the 1st century that drafted the inspired word of God.....is a faith constructed not on sound ground but sand.
    Do some research on Pentecost!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

10. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

I expect it because the god says that he has those qualities. You either take the god at their word and believe or you think humans are idiots trying to explain the world around them and ignore it, but this "boy this god is awesome so we should just let them be psychotic and demand worship without question" stuff is inane. This god tells these folks they are important, what they think matters, and that they have the same feelings as the god...
    Did God say that or did some guy say that God said that?

11. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

I expect it because the god says that he has those qualities. You either take the god at their word and believe or you think humans are idiots trying to explain the world around them and ignore it, but this "boy this god is awesome so we should just let them be psychotic and demand worship without question" stuff is inane. This god tells these folks they are important, what they think matters, and that they have the same feelings as the god...
    During your lifetime [or even in the history book], can you name one "rule" that was not "received" via others?

By "received via others" I am referring to the NOT via a revelation.

12. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

I have faith in God and I pray several times a day. Prayer always gives me peace and calmness, and it makes me more accepting of the life I've been given.

13. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    Did God say that or did some guy say that God said that?
    That would be the same thing. The God says that what people wrote in that book is divinely inspired. So what they said, is.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (07-09-2020), Phantasmal (07-09-2020)

15. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bhaktajan View Post
    During your lifetime [or even in the history book], can you name one "rule" that was not "received" via others?

By "received via others" I am referring to the NOT via a revelation.
    Of course not. That's an absurdity. Why would I be able to do that when I don't believe that this god exists?
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-09-2020)

17. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

I feel sorry for those who have NO faith in God. Truly sorry.