Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: IF ONE OF THESE PICTURES OFFENDS YOU...

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This thread isn't about the president, though....
    Trump thinks everything is about him.

Who am I to argue with that creature?
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,551 Times in 52,760 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Okay. Sounds as though Kap taking the knee bothers you more than the cop using his knee to choke the life out of that man.

Hey, I understand. You are a Trump supporter.
    Yep. You'll notice all the vitriol and venom from the Reichwingers will be directed at Kaep. There will be a few tokens "That cop shouldn't have done that" then more bashing the protesters than the cops. See link below for an example.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...76#post3677276
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Frank Apisa (05-28-2020)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Neither pic is offensive out of context. They only become offensive when one knows the facts behind the photo.

Pic 1 shows a cop abusing a cuffed prisoner. The picture doesn't show the man is cuffed. When that fact is known it becomes offensive.
    Pic 2 shows a black football player kneeling, they do it all the time. It only becomes and issue when one knows when and why the action is taken.

Once we know the facts about pic 1 it becomes not only offensive but a blatant display of police brutality and must be eradicated.

Now let me ask you what became the focus of the 2nd pic? He was protesting the treatment of blacks as shown in pic 1, but his venue didn't being focus and attention on that issue as he supposedly intended. It became a matter of national pride. The left likes to say he made his point and brought attention to police brutality. Most conservatives disagree and say the issue became an example of ones of a lack of pride in ones nation. As I have said I have no problem with you remaining seated or not holding your hand over your heart that is your choice not to honor and to ignore the anthem as you wish. But to physically stand and drop to one knee is not ignoring the anthem it is a direct display of animosity to the anthem and what it stands for. I know you will disagree like all the other liberals. But you have my take on both
    Thank you for your take...I truly appreciate you taking the time do offer it.

And I agree with you that I will disagree.

I hope we can do it amicably.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There were people in Great Britain who thought the signers of the Declaration of Independence should have taken a different route.

We all get to choose our own route.
    Yes. As the conservatives of yesteryear liked to repeat ad nauseum, "actions have consequences." Kaep paid for his with his career. Yet years later, the Reichwingers *still* have to dog pile on him and make up bullshit about how his kneeling was magically "disrespecting the dead who died for this country" -- when it had zero to do with that. Zero. As Christiefan pointed out the other day, the RWers want to use the Anthem and the flag as litmus tests for patriotism. If you don't bash Kaep too, you "hate America."
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Frank Apisa (05-28-2020)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Perhaps another time, another thread..

"I suspect more Trump supporters are offended by the second picture than the first. Although they will probably pretend they are offended by both."
    "TOP, I am sure there are lots of things you "haven't seen.

For instance, it appears you haven't seen that Trump is one of the most disgusting people on this planet...and is a total disaster as the president of the United States.

But I suspect the things you "haven't seen"...you haven't seen not because they are not there, but because you are incapable or unwilling to see them."

You oughta do something about that.
    Won't do much good if you've already decided (Or "suspect" how others you've labeled will respond and what we think...or what I've seen or not seen....)
    I think you might be surprised at what I've "done about that" ...and what "I've seen"...
    So in other word salad, you demand that ppl discuss the OP. When Frank says he will discuss it with you, you deflect to "another time, another thread."

YOU don't want to discuss *anything* other than other ppl, mostly ppl here on JPP. Children have more cognizance of the issues today than you do. You exist here only to stir the pot, pile on others, and get attention.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Frank Apisa (05-28-2020)

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    No, it's not, but it is the common gun-banning opinion of the far left.
    He looks like a nice kid. The kind of kid who might have been just as happy with a model plane. I don't see him in a battle-to-the-death situation. He should be allowed to have a childhood. Maybe he has been watching too many violent movies.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Not offended a bit. The first one will result in criminal charges. I do not see a connection between the actions of a second-rate white football player from a middle-class Wisconsin family and the overreaction by a policeman.

How about this one?
    What a cutie. He looks so much like one of my grandsons! He still like to play soldier although his gun is a toy. He even has some sort of "combat vest" (sorry, forgot the real name) covered with pockets to store your ammo and stuff in -- *and* a WWI gas mask. He's hilarious.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (05-28-2020)

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,424 Times in 16,412 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump thinks everything is about him.

Who am I to argue with that creature?
    But this thread is not about him

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,528 Times in 11,566 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Yes. As the conservatives of yesteryear liked to repeat ad nauseum, "actions have consequences." Kaep paid for his with his career. Yet years later, the Reichwingers *still* have to dog pile on him and make up bullshit about how his kneeling was magically "disrespecting the dead who died for this country" -- when it had zero to do with that. Zero. As Christiefan pointed out the other day, the RWers want to use the Anthem and the flag as litmus tests for patriotism. If you don't bash Kaep too, you "hate America."
    So you are the deciding factor on what a liberals action really means. You say there is zero evidence that his display had ZERO to do with disrespecting those that died for the country. Ok you two other than rumor that his taking a knee was nothing but a protest of police brutality of blacks. I put it to you that not one time has any protesters of police brutality taken a knee. If that is your magic symbol how come no one is doing it? Could it be your explanation is total BS?
    Owl, Christyfan if you two had served or had close family who had been in combat I bet you would be striking a different tone.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

TOP (05-28-2020)

15. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But this thread is not about him
    Right now in America...everything is about him.

We must be rid of him...and this garbage heap sowing dishonor on our Republic by being part of his administration...or supporters of him and his administration.

Play games for as long as you want, TOP. I do not mind toying with you.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (05-28-2020)

17. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,424 Times in 16,412 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Right now in America...everything is about him.

We must be rid of him...and this garbage heap sowing dishonor on our Republic by being part of his administration...or supporters of him and his administration.

Play games for as long as you want, TOP. I do not mind toying with you.
    This thread is not about him I'll "play" if you like.. (Every played a round in Purchase, NY?)

18. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,528 Times in 11,566 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    May I remind you all the latest Kaepernick threads were started by lefties not the right. lol

19. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,647 Times in 51,928 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Not offended, just kinda confused. The thread was about the police and racism, now all of a sudden we're talking about guns.
    #random
    The thread is asking if pictures offend. You were offended despite your denials.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

20. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

He looks like a nice kid. The kind of kid who might have been just as happy with a model plane. I don't see him in a battle-to-the-death situation. He should be allowed to have a childhood. Maybe he has been watching too many violent movies.
    He was proud of his skill using the .22 semi-automatic rifle, but a POS LW douchebag called CPS on his parents and, literally, made a legal case out of it. In the end, it proved just how far the gun-banning Left was willing to go to enforce their morals upon others.

https://jonathanturley.org/2013/03/2...omment-page-3/
    Shawn Moore is a certified firearms instructor for the National Rifle Association and a New Jersey hunter education instructor. He was proud of his son for recently passing his hunter’s permit course and posted this picture of his boy in camouflage holding his .22 rifle. A Facebook “friend” saw the picture and reported him to the New Jersey police and Dept. of Children and Families for child endangerment. Moore says that his home was raided, searched, and he was threatened with the loss of custody in response to the complaint.

21. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

I would call that one very troubling.

Child soldier training?

War is not something to be glorified.

It is awful.
    I learned to shoot a .22 rifle when I was that kid's age. I was in NRA Father and Son competitions by 5th Grade. I continued in JROTC. Those skills helped me when I was in the Marine Corps. Why do Lefties hate the military?

Now you may understand why so many people, if forced to choose between the Democratic candidate and the Republican one, will choose the Republican. Any party that supports imposing authoritarian rule over Americans and/or condemning anyone exercising their lawful rights as warmongers cannot ever be trusted to tell the truth.