Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: IF ONE OF THESE PICTURES OFFENDS YOU...

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    I thought all LWers loooooved empowering the government to take down Americans. Isn't that what authoritarian means?

Was there a thread by Democrats on this picture?....or did they applaud it?:
    As a fiscal conservative / social liberal, I cannot speak for the LW.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,623 Times in 11,616 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    That's great. I could spend days telling you about the bond between nurses and physicians that you non-medical ppl will never understand. LEOs have the same bond with each other. So do many other professions, particularly those that deal with life and death of others. So what?

Yes, that's what you said. You also said that Christiefan and I wouldn't understand because we don't have relatives who (according to you) saw combat, as though you're better than our relatives for that reason. I told you that my uncle served in WWII and was awarded the Bronze Star and Purple Heart. You of course ignored that because it doesn't jibe with your notion that we mere women don't know jack.

No, I don't know what combat is like, thankfully. You don't know what it is like to hold a person you've taken care of for a year in your arms as she dies, because her family was too scared to touch her. That doesn't make me better or more deserving of respect than you or anyone else.

Your opinion is that Kaep was somehow disrespecting the memories of servicemen/women because he knelt during the Anthem. Fine. It's your opinion. Like assholes, we all have them. My opinion varies, of course. Sorry, but your side doesn't own the flag or the Anthem.
    You yourself admitted you didn't know Kaepernick's motive only what he said. Fine you chose to believe him I don't I think he was grandstanding and it backfired. Which of us is correct? We will never know.

But what is going on in Minneapolis is exactly what Kaep said he was protesting but he has been noticeably absent from his so called cause that alone tells me his is a fraud.

Yes, that's what you said. You also said that Christiefan and I wouldn't understand because we don't have relatives who (according to you) saw combat, as though you're better than our relatives for that reason. I told you that my uncle served in WWII and was awarded the Bronze Star and Purple Heart. You of course ignored that because it doesn't jibe with your notion that we mere women don't know jack.
    I could spend days telling you about the bond between nurses and physicians that you non-medical ppl will never understand. LEOs have the same bond with each other. So do many other professions, particularly those that deal with life and death of others.
    You contradict your first paragraph by saying the exact same thing I am saying. But somehow you think because I am a conservative and very pro military that makes my points superfluous and demeaning to you and others. It was never said nor hinted that not serving or having relatives who served makes you a second class citizen. In fact your relatives have nothing to do with the discussion.

As far as you having or not having relatives who served in the military or combat is meaningless. You could come from a long line of military ancestors but that doesn't mean you can understand the trials and tribulations military members and their families go through. Your comment about being women so you aren't smart enough to understand was uncalled for. WOMEN serve and die just like men and you owe every military woman an apology!

You don't know what it is like to hold a person you've taken care of for a year in your arms as she dies
    This discussion is not about one upmanship or who has seen worse scenes. It is simply about men and women who dedicate and offer their lives in defense of the this country. So like it or not when people show disrespect for the symbols that represent this nation it is a slap in the face of every American and especially those who served in defense of those symbols. Just because the disrespect is done to highlight other injustices that does not change the fact it is a slap.

If you cannot understand why this is important to people like me then no amount of explaining will make you get it.

The NYFD and Police rushed into those burning building on 911 without hesitation that makes them true hero's. I would never think of trashing their flags to protest something but you think it's fine to do that to the whole country.
    Last edited by Eagle_Eye; 05-29-2020 at 07:50 AM.

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,242 Times in 7,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Already answered. I'm not offended for the reasons previously posted
    You cannot have "already answered" because there was no question. Here it is again: "The discussion is NOT about equating the two. The discussion is about whether or not one picture bothers you and one does not."

I was merely explaining to you what the discussion is about.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-29-2020)

5. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    your "seems to me" needs to be oiled and recalibrated.
    My "seems to be" is just fine...and seems to have gotten the response I expected. You seem to be much too predictable these days, Ass.

you're a retard floundering in the shallow end, with a hairlip, and bowl haircut.
    I am not a retard, I am not floundering, I do not have a hairlip, nor a bowl haircut. You seem to be upset...and I'd apologize for laughing at that, but it truly is funny to watch.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

6. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

You are free to both run from the point and also to project your misery on others.

IMHO, a big difference between good people and bad people is that good people are willing to consider all options, including both sides of a disagreement. Bad people are highly biased and always blame the other side for problems while never accepting any responsibility of their own. Sound like Trump? Yes, but it also sounds a lot like the most partisan people on both sides.

Consider these posts and the character of their writers. Posts #64 and #65.
    The basic rule of well adjusted polite posting is simply avoid talking about other posters if at all possible. Just stick to the subject. Don't say offensive things. The whole point of these discussions is to gain a better understanding and insight into how others feel, not to unload frustrations, anger, resentment, etc. Go into this with a positive outlook and come out better informed.

Trying to 'fix other posters' is usually a lesson in futility. They have to do it themselves. The best we can do is lead by example.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (05-29-2020)

8. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    frank apisa, an asshole, has out-assholed dutch uncle, another asshole. it's the circular asshole firing squid. my asshole is only circular when shitting, which begs the question: which is circular first? the egg or the chicken's asshole?
    Sounds as though you have been licking assholes, Ass. I don't ever do that, but I suspect if it is your thing, you should stay away from licking anyone's asshole who has eaten chili peppers the night before. That might tend to make you upset you.

Oh, and you seem to be upset.

9. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    And then there are those veterans who lie about their experiences, inflating their "combat" experiences, including service in "spec ops" when, in actuality, they were in the rear with the gear. You probably know a couple of people like that.
    Not personally but I have seen guys in their 30's claiming to be Vietnam vets.

10. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    You really aren't interested in having an actual discussion about this subject then, are you?
    Not to often you start one....... Will you one day start a discussion?? asking for a friend here!!
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

11. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Not personally but I have seen guys in their 30's claiming to be Vietnam vets.
    They are probably referring to the battle of the bars, spring break ho chi minh city...
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

12. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,645 Times in 16,576 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Not to often you start one....... Will you one day start a discussion?? asking for a friend here!!
    Perhaps...tell your friend it's just a matter of time So far it's not been necessary....but if and when I do, can I count on your support/participation...and your friend's, of course?

13. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They are probably referring to the battle of the bars, spring break ho chi minh city...

14. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,134 Times in 33,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Their own personal Vietnam with STDs

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Doc Dutch (05-29-2020)

16. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Perhaps...tell your friend it's just a matter of time So far it's not been necessary....but if and when I do, can I count on your support/participation...and your friend's, of course?
    Of course.. You can even send a personal invitation (PM) to the event & don't forget to provide a link to it, lest it slip precipitously down the que before it's noticed & faded away..hats-off-salute-smiley-emoticon.gif

17. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,645 Times in 16,576 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Of course.. You can even send a personal invitation (PM) to the event & don't forget to provide a link to it, lest it slip precipitously down the que before it's noticed & faded away..hats-off-salute-smiley-emoticon.gif
    I will do that...you'll be the first....I'll include the friend invite in your PM...to pass along
    Hope you are doing well...stay safe! It's an adventure, every day....that's for sure....

18. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Anybody actually watch and listen to the original video?

It is shocking:

- CONTENT WARNING - REMOVE THE SPACE IN THE FOLLOWING URL -

ht tps://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7u531n

It is hard to watch this and listen to the bystanders pleading with the officer to take his knee off the unresponsive man, for such a long period of time.

I am not a lawyer, so it is hard to understand why it is taking so long for an arrest, for charges to be filed. Every day that goes by is asking for more violence in the streets.

I don't know how anybody could watch this and not be moved.