1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Testing For Whites, Guessing For The Rest

More racism from the right:

"NPR investigated the location of public testing sites in Texas, one of the first states to reopen, to see how they were distributed between predominantly white and predominantly minority areas. The investigation found that in four out of six of the largest cities in Texas, testing sites are disproportionately located in whiter neighborhoods.

With evidence growing that black and Latino communities are harder hit by this deadly disease, community leaders say that testing disparities are problematic. Many experts warn that if communities don't test the most vulnerable, they could miss pockets of infection and have new large outbreaks.

"If you're casting a very small net, and you're shining a flashlight on a small portion of infections that are out there, you might think you're doing OK," says Dr. Jennifer Nuzzo, lead epidemiologist for the Johns Hopkins COVID Testing Insights Initiative. "Whereas there's this whole pool of infections that you haven't seen.""

Across Texas, Black And Hispanic Neighborhoods Have Fewer Coronavirus Testing Sites

Their level of caring for others is only surpassed by their selfishness.

They are following their Leader Of Selfishness, our president, who famously says if you don't test then you don't know what you don't want to know, so you can pretend it doesn't exist.

It was never about fixing problems. The problem, in his eyes, is that problems are reported.

And let us not forget the ulterior motive here: If more opposition voters die, then it helps you hold onto power.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-27-2020), Irish (05-28-2020)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Trumpet (05-27-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If you don't know about something it can't hurt you, right?

Or is that only in the minds of the right....
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-27-2020)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Trumpet (05-27-2020)

7. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

You cheered the economic harm to American citizens caused by the virus.from China that China failed to contain.

8. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (05-28-2020)

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 93 Times in 82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

"NPR investigated the location of public testing sites in Texas, one of the first states to reopen, to see how they were distributed between predominantly white and predominantly minority areas. The investigation found that in four out of six of the largest cities in Texas, testing sites are disproportionately located in whiter neighborhoods.

With evidence growing that black and Latino communities are harder hit by this deadly disease, community leaders say that testing disparities are problematic. Many experts warn that if communities don't test the most vulnerable, they could miss pockets of infection and have new large outbreaks.

"If you're casting a very small net, and you're shining a flashlight on a small portion of infections that are out there, you might think you're doing OK," says Dr. Jennifer Nuzzo, lead epidemiologist for the Johns Hopkins COVID Testing Insights Initiative. "Whereas there's this whole pool of infections that you haven't seen.""

Across Texas, Black And Hispanic Neighborhoods Have Fewer Coronavirus Testing Sites

They are following their Leader Of Selfishness, our president, who famously says if you don't test then you don't know what you don't want to know, so you can pretend it doesn't exist.

It was never about fixing problems. The problem, in his eyes, is that problems are reported.

And let us not forget the ulterior motive here: If more opposition voters die, then it helps you hold onto power.
    Yep stopped reading your nonsense at the word "problematic" which is always a red flag for bullshit, what is disproportionate about it? Show us the map for population size and distribution of testing sites. You do know that minorities are called minorities for a reason right?

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ya gotta know the poor regions have greater population density.

Logically, there should be MORE testing stations.

11. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-28-2020)

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    You cheered the economic harm to American citizens caused by the virus.from China that China failed to contain.
    now they are going to play the race card

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Our leaders serve the rich.

This is the proof.

14. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-28-2020)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is a way to manipulate the number of covid-19 cases down

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Trumpet,

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    This is a way to manipulate the number of covid-19 cases down
    But it's really bound to increase the number of cases because lack of testing lets the disease spread out of control.

Look at Brazil. Very little testing, and the second largest number of cases in the world. The USA being number one, of course.

17. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-28-2020)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Trumpet,

But it's really bound to increase the number of cases because lack of testing lets the disease spread out of control.

Look at Brazil. Very little testing, and the second largest number of cases in the world. The USA being number one, of course.
    African Americans have been hit harder with covid-19 than the white population, and this will make the numbers look better for a while, but you are right, it will spread.

19. The Following User Groans At Trumpet For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-28-2020)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-27-2020)

21. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    You cheered the harm caused by Trump that he failed to respond to proactively.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

22. The Following User Groans At jimmymccready For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-28-2020)

23. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Come on, Texas, be fair about creating testing and voting sites equally.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

24. The Following User Groans At jimmymccready For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-28-2020)

25. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-27-2020)

26. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello jimmymccready,

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    Come on, Texas, be fair about creating testing and voting sites equally.
    Texas is full of people who cherish the right to be an inconsiderate jerk.

27. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-28-2020)

28. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

jimmymccready (05-28-2020)

29. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,592 Times in 51,904 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm guessing there is a direct correlation between testing sites and the relative amount of taxpayer revenue.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

jimmymccready (05-28-2020)

31. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    I'm guessing there is a direct correlation between testing sites and the relative amount of taxpayer revenue.
    And that is no way to run a country.

That results in a government that works primarily for the rich and does not serve all the people.

Having government do mostly what the rich want is how you get extreme wealth inequality.

It does not satisfy the Constitution preamble to Promote the General Welfare.

It promotes the welfare of the rich.

32. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-28-2020)