1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Testing For Whites, Guessing For The Rest

More racism from the right:

"NPR investigated the location of public testing sites in Texas, one of the first states to reopen, to see how they were distributed between predominantly white and predominantly minority areas. The investigation found that in four out of six of the largest cities in Texas, testing sites are disproportionately located in whiter neighborhoods.

With evidence growing that black and Latino communities are harder hit by this deadly disease, community leaders say that testing disparities are problematic. Many experts warn that if communities don't test the most vulnerable, they could miss pockets of infection and have new large outbreaks.

"If you're casting a very small net, and you're shining a flashlight on a small portion of infections that are out there, you might think you're doing OK," says Dr. Jennifer Nuzzo, lead epidemiologist for the Johns Hopkins COVID Testing Insights Initiative. "Whereas there's this whole pool of infections that you haven't seen.""

Across Texas, Black And Hispanic Neighborhoods Have Fewer Coronavirus Testing Sites

Their level of caring for others is only surpassed by their selfishness.

They are following their Leader Of Selfishness, our president, who famously says if you don't test then you don't know what you don't want to know, so you can pretend it doesn't exist.

It was never about fixing problems. The problem, in his eyes, is that problems are reported.

And let us not forget the ulterior motive here: If more opposition voters die, then it helps you hold onto power.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-27-2020), Irish (05-28-2020)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Trumpet (05-27-2020)