Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: And they don’t understand why Kapernick took a knee.

1. #301 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,009 Times in 14,508 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    I think America needs to take a long hard look at its institutions of law enforcement and ask, if we are the freest people on earth how comes we have more people in prison, for non violent crimes, and more prisons than any nation on earth? Why do other modern wealth nations, including the liberal democracies, have lower crime rates, fewer prisoners and fewer prisons?
    That one's easy. For one, the private prisons have powerful lobbyists. And they own a few judges. The other prisons create hundreds of thousands of good paying jobs across the nation. I'm not sure why we don't have more prisons for white collar crime?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-28-2020), ThatOwlWoman (05-28-2020)

3. #302 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello cawacko,

Thanks for the links but I am not going to do a bunch of reading because you wish to select the material. Make quotes to make your argument here. I am a slow reader. I have to wisely consider what I decide to read. I do not appreciate it when people throw a bunch of links and expect me to spend inordinate amounts of time proving their point. Not gonna do that. I cherish my freedom to decide what I do with my time. It's like putting up a video. 3-5 minutes, no problem. I am more inclined to watch that. Over 10 minutes, forget it. I am probably not watching unless I am already interested to.

Sure there is criticism.

There is criticism of the USA.

But we don't advocate for eliminating the USA.

Large organizations always have problems.

Problems can be addressed without drastic measures.

It's called throwing out the baby with the bath water.

Unions serve a purpose. Workers deserve a common united voice to air their grievances. One of the worst attacks on American society has been capitalism's war on unions. It is a direct reason for extreme wealth inequality.

The blue wall is a point of negotiation during times of considering a new contract.
    You don't have to read what you don't want and are free support whatever you would like. If you claim to want police reform and don't want to address a major reason we're not getting it then that's on you.

4. #303 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,334 Times in 53,236 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    You're reading something that is not there. What part of "I have no problem with people not holding their hand over their heart or not rising during the anthem, is a litmus test?????? Are you telling me it is perfectly acceptable for me to spread feces around the Lincoln Memorial because a neighbor was given an unwarranted body cavity search. That is exactly what you are saying about Kaepernick, that it is perfectly acceptable to attack the symbols of this nation because you have a grudge against local law enforcement!
    What? Kaep was kneeling as a symbol to bring attention to law enforcement's brutality against non-whites across the whole nation. We get it that you think it's unpatriotic and somehow slapping you personally in the face. I'm sure you feel the same way about ppl who protest by burning the flag.

Effective protests upset the complacent, get attention, and cause change. Kaep's did that.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

CharacterAssassin (05-28-2020), Guno צְבִי (05-28-2020)

6. #304 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Read the last line of my post.
    I have no problem with people not holding their hand over their heart or not rising during the anthem, But to intentionally stand and then drop to the knee shows not only disrespect for the nation but (and you on the left forget this vital factor) they are symbolically thumbing their nose at the men and women who fought and the many that died defending their right not to honor the flag and country. And for that the should be prepared for the fallout.

I support demonstrating against police brutality but demonstrate in the right venue and a sports game or the Olympics ain't one of them!

Please show me where I ever called Kaepernick a traitor! I called him a dirt bag along with other colorful metaphors but never a traitor.
    First...the Anthem is a song about killing slaves. Check your facts.

Second...nobody fought for anyone's freedoms. Most of the aggressions we waged had nothing to do with freedom. They had to do with oil, or avoiding the spread of Communism...supposedly.

We lost every single one of those campaigns.

What do you think about the black soldiers who 'fought for our freedoms', and returned home without the right to vote, or sit in 'whites only' establishments?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-28-2020)

8. #305 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Mason there is a difference between protest and total disrespect. I don't recall the founding fathers calling the king names. They listed their grievances and presented them to the king. Did Kaepernick ever list his grievances to anyone who could rectify the problem I don't recall him doing that so he chose the wrong place and time for his little dog and pony show!
    Any suggestions?

9. #306 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,615 Times in 11,611 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    What? Kaep was kneeling as a symbol to bring attention to law enforcement's brutality against non-whites (Kind of forgot more whites are brutalized and shot than blacks) across the whole nation. We get it that you think it's unpatriotic and somehow slapping you personally in the face. I'm sure you feel the same way about ppl who protest by burning the flag.

Effective protests upset the complacent, get attention, and cause change. Kaep's did that.
    So you can't come up with another liberal BS answer defending the dirt bag. Just admit he chose the wrong place and time to protest a worthwhile cause. I'll play your game I have been active in the anti police brutality ever since the kid died in Florida's boot camp. And Yes it is a slap in the face when a rich pampered athlete thinks he is so special he can justify insulting the dead and families of the dead that fought for this country, because "he" has a cause. Police brutality has been a subject of protest long before your SJW Kaepernick came along. Remember Rodney King 1989 or 25 years before your hero made his asinine stand err take a knee. No owl you are defending a unwarranted attack on this nation all in the name of social wrongs.

I honestly don't understand how you can't see or accept the differences, between honest protest and show boating.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Earl (05-28-2020)

11. #307 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    I think America needs to take a long hard look at its institutions of law enforcement and ask, if we are the freest people on earth how comes we have more people in prison, for non violent crimes, and more prisons than any nation on earth? Why do other modern wealth nations, including the liberal democracies, have lower crime rates, fewer prisoners and fewer prisons?
    I think there's an element of good news on that front in that at the state level we're seeing both red and blue states looking at reform and how we can reduce our prison population.

I agree with the need for prison reform and that locking up more people is not beneficial for society. I'll offer a personal conundrum however. The war on drugs has been a failure. Yet, if you can imagine, in San Francisco the brazen open drug dealing and drug use has gotten even worse. On one hand you become so accustom to it that you internalize it as normal but on the other hand it's not acceptable.

And I totally agree that we lock up too many non violent criminals. In California, or at least the Bay Area, we made stealing less than $1K worth of goods no longer a felony and basically said we aren't going to pursue charges against people. Now we have groups of people going into stores during broad daylight stealing things off shelves with no concerns at all. Short of someone being anti-capitalist or anarchists I don't imagine most people want to see that.

So it's like this back and forth between the need for less people in prison and how much of the type of activity like above are we willing to tolerate.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (05-29-2020)

13. #308 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,626 Times in 9,294 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thank you. There is a time and place for protesting to the government be it local, state, or federal.
    Not on the job!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

14. #309 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mason View Post
    Not on the job!
    True

15. #310 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,626 Times in 9,294 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

True
    What pissed me off,after all that.
    He didn't vote.What kind of activist doesn't vote.
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

16. #311 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,002 Times in 8,029 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    What? Kaep was kneeling as a symbol to bring attention to law enforcement's brutality against non-whites across the whole nation. We get it that you think it's unpatriotic and somehow slapping you personally in the face. I'm sure you feel the same way about ppl who protest by burning the flag.

I guess police brutality against whites and Hispanics is not deserving of protest, otherwise everyone would have been kneeling.

I'm fine with protesting real, actual police brutality but a lot of what is being called brutality nowadays really amounts to unfortunate accidents brought about in many cases, by the arrestees' own uncooperative and combative behavior which forced the officers' escalation of force.

Personally, I'm among the group who's getting weary of so many jumping on the victim bandwagon.

Besides, I find it hard to empathize with an overpaid, multi-million dollar professional ball player.

If Kaepernick and other black sports figures really want to do some good, they should start speaking out and protesting against gang involvement.

Form an organization and devote their free time and financial resources in their communities to keeping young black kids out of gangs and in school.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

17. #312 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

So you can't come up with another liberal BS answer defending the dirt bag. Just admit he chose the wrong place and time to protest a worthwhile cause. I'll play your game I have been active in the anti police brutality ever since the kid died in Florida's boot camp. And Yes it is a slap in the face when a rich pampered athlete thinks he is so special he can justify insulting the dead and families of the dead that fought for this country, because "he" has a cause. Police brutality has been a subject of protest long before your SJW Kaepernick came along. Remember Rodney King 1989 or 25 years before your hero made his asinine stand err take a knee. No owl you are defending a unwarranted attack on this nation all in the name of social wrongs.

I honestly don't understand how you can't see or accept the differences, between honest protest and show boating.
    Indeed.

Great post.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Eagle_Eye (05-28-2020)

19. #313 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

Man, how much of a pussy would someone have to be to be triggered by Kap kneeling in protest at a public event and be compelled to pretend that any families or dead people were insulted?

Or desperate enough to assert that kneeling is somehow, magically, an 'attack on this nation?

Pretty much a huge, candy-assed pussy.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CharacterAssassin For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-28-2020), ThatOwlWoman (05-28-2020)

21. #314 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CharacterAssassin View Post
    Man, how much of a pussy would someone have to be to be triggered by Kap kneeling in protest at a public event and be compelled to pretend that any families or dead people were insulted?

Or desperate enough to assert that kneeling is somehow, magically, an 'attack on this nation?

Pretty much a huge, candy-assed pussy.
    Yea most of those candy assed pussies have seen combat and could kick your sorry ass right off the fucking planet. Dick sucker that you are. Back on ignore, you are still a worthless piece of shit.

22. #315 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yea most of those candy assed pussies have seen combat and could kick your sorry ass right off the fucking planet. Dick sucker that you are. Back on ignore, you are still a worthless piece of shit.
    On, honey... look at you projecting your beta male cuck fantasies into public discourse.

Most veterans have never seen combat, you silly, triggered little bitch.

Die angry.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to CharacterAssassin For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-28-2020)