Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carly Fiorina Has Been Disappeared

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Carly Fiorina Has Been Disappeared

Wow. When a Republican says you’ve been “disappeared” you are in some big trouble. I can only hope they haven’t shipped poor Carly off to, a country Rice calls “our ally”, Uzbekistan, to be boiled. Cause our friends the Uzbekistans are known to disappear people that way. I just hope someone is looking for her! Oh Carly, Carly, and you just had new Botox shots! Damn the luck!

"Top McCain-Palin official Carly Fiorina is facing criticism from some within the campaign for a day of what they call 'very Biden-like' comments," CNN reports, "after the former Hewlett-Packard CEO told two separate interviewers that neither member of the Republican ticket would be capable of running a company."
    Indeed, the daggers seemed out for Fiorina among the McCain aides that spoke to CNN.
    A top McCain official contacted by CNN said, on condition on anonymity, "No big deal, but not how you get on the surrogate all-star team. Very Biden-like."

"This campaign source said Fiorina would be discouraged from additional media interviews.

Another top campaign adviser was far less diplomatic.

"Carly will now disappear," this source said. "Senator McCain was furious."

Asked to define "disappear," this source said, adding that she would be off TV for a while - but remain at the Republican National Committee and keep her role as head of the party's joint fundraising committee with the McCain campaign.

Fiorina was booked for several TV interviews over the next few days, including one on CNN. Those interviews have been canceled.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_127009.html

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,126 Times in 9,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

She's on vacation with the Librarian from Wasila.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

I was hoping they'd "disappear" Gramm, but I'm actually hearing talk of him as a possible Treasury Secretary.

Fiorina got a lot of play last night; she really provided a lot of entertainment. Between her & the Blackberry & "fundamentals are sound," not a very good week for the Palin ticket...

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    I was hoping they'd "disappear" Gramm, but I'm actually hearing talk of him as a possible Treasury Secretary.

Fiorina got a lot of play last night; she really provided a lot of entertainment. Between her & the Blackberry & "fundamentals are sound," not a very good week for the Palin ticket...
    Now, Phil Graham, should be boiled.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Phil Grahm is already half baked.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Phil Gramm is going to develop the new reforms and tighter regulations that McCain is suddenly promising. Gramm is going to end the greed and corruption on Wall Street and clean up the the place.

Or something.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dungheap View Post
    Phil Gramm is going to develop the new reforms and tighter regulations that McCain is suddenly promising. Gramm is going to end the greed and corruption on Wall Street and clean up the the place.

Or something.
    Oh that's right! I heard he is going by the nickname of "Huey" these days.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post

I got to interject here that Obama is running against McCain no matter how hard the republicans try to put Palin in the fore-front. I think the democrats are taking the bait by making this out to be Obama against Palin, an election which in my opinion, is close no matter what. I think he waxes McCain if they keep on message that Obama is running against McCain.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,126 Times in 9,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

There have been some masterstrokes from the mccain campaign. The dems have taken the bait of comparing obama to palin, hook, line and sinker. Plus the dems are superpissed that they got out-identity-politicked in Palin.
    Last edited by Hermes Thoth; 09-17-2008 at 09:06 AM.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 729 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 152 Times in 139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    I got to interject here that Obama is running against McCain no matter how hard the republicans try to put Palin in the fore-front. I think the democrats are taking the bait by making this out to be Obama against Palin, an election which in my opinion, is close no matter what. I think he waxes McCain if they keep on message that Obama is running against McCain.
    "The chances that Vice President Sarah Palin would have to take over from President John McCain if they were elected could be as high as 40%, since McCain has about a 20% chance of dying in office, and a much higher risk of becoming disabled from a variety of conditions, including a stroke or Alzheimer's, both diseases which can impair judgment and where the risks increase very rapidly with age, notes Professor John Banzhaf of George Washington University."

The race is between Obama and Palin. McOld wont make it one term. All those who want to get screwed by Palin will get their wish.
    War Is Peace
    Freedom Is Slavery
    Ignorance Is Strength

George Orwell

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

McCain is also likely to be out of comission for a while from joint replacement surgery according to his official medical report.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Crashk View Post
    "The chances that Vice President Sarah Palin would have to take over from President John McCain if they were elected could be as high as 40%, since McCain has about a 20% chance of dying in office, and a much higher risk of becoming disabled from a variety of conditions, including a stroke or Alzheimer's, both diseases which can impair judgment and where the risks increase very rapidly with age, notes Professor John Banzhaf of George Washington University."

The race is between Obama and Palin. McOld wont make it one term. All those who want to get screwed by Palin will get their wish.
    LOL. It's the erection election!

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,530 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Feet in mouth disease causes immediate and impermeable quarantine in all political circles.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

I think Fiorina's comments are particularly interesting now that the government is the majority shareholder of a company that ranked higher than HP on the Fortune 500 last year.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dungheap View Post
    I think Fiorina's comments are particularly interesting now that the government is the majority shareholder of a company that ranked higher than HP on the Fortune 500 last year.
    Excellent point.