1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,563 Times in 17,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cohort View Post
    more:
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...mocrats-281470

I love how democrats continually route against america and our success. awful people. I would never have wished for economic collapse with obama as president. democrats are sick.
    Route? Sorry but leftys live in the same country you do and would love to have jobs again and not walk around with masks. They would love to have their kids back in school. The Trump Pandemic has hurt them as much as it hurt the rightys. It is a terrible time for all and we would like to return to normal. The difference is the left is swayed by healthcare experts, scientists and past history to want to be sure it is gone before loosening restrictions. Being intelligent about it and following experts' advice is the best way to return to normal. Trump is counting down the 5 months until the election and he will cavalierly risk lives to win the election. Opening up too soon is his best hope to win. If it works out, he has a chance . Trump never put American lives in his political equations. He does not care about that.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,989 Times in 3,362 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 637 Times in 605 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Grind is always right.

"In early April, Jason Furman, a top economist in the Obama administration and now a professor at Harvard, was speaking via Zoom to a large bipartisan group of top officials from both parties. The economy had just been shut down, unemployment was spiking and some policymakers were predicting an era worse than the Great Depression. The economic carnage seemed likely to doom President Donald Trump’s chances at reelection.

Furman, tapped to give the opening presentation, looked into his screen of poorly lit boxes of frightened wonks and made a startling claim.

If the economy has a 38% drop in one quarter than a 20% increase in the next quarter, that 20% increase is great growth unlike we have ever seen but it isn't nearly enough to get the economy back to where it was. It will mean the economy is still 25% off it's recent numbers.

Even if we have a 38% drop and then a 40% increase the next quarter we will still be 15% below where we started. That means we still have unemployment above 9%. The numbers may look great but pain will still be felt out there by all those unemployed people.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,171 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Wrong; you're an ignorant hack, avoid facts and look like a clueless know-nothing on steroids'.
    Keep ranting! Makes for a great spectacle and shit show!

AND IT IS HILARIOUS TO WATCH!

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump press secretary Kayleigh McEnany has voted by mail 11 times in 10 years

For a week, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany has defended President Donald Trump’s assault on vote-by-mail, insisting, like her boss, that it invites election fraud.

But, also like her boss, McEnany has taken advantage of its convenience time and time again.

In fact, the Tampa native has voted by mail in every Florida election she has participated in since 2010, according to a Tampa Bay Times review of her voting history. Most recently, she voted by mail in the state’s March 2020 presidential primary, just as Trump did after he made Florida his new permanent home.

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-pol...x5b5BFo-YYvB_Y
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    What's the point of taking a break if you're just going to slink around here just to post such aggressive bullshit?
    i said I was taking a modding break, not a posting break.

and how is an article from politico, citing numerous economic experts from the obama administration, "aggressive bullshit?"

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,654 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Some Dems are probably rooting against the economy. There are some on both sides who always tend to do that; it's not relegated to one ideology to have that kind of blind ambition.

But their "hopes" are misplaced. This election is as likely to be a referendum on COVID as it is on economics. And Trump has shown what kind of crisis leader he is. You either like it, or you don't.

Trump will probably win, and I'm not reverse jinxing. He's just a master at manipulation. He's already laying the groundwork for a few strategies - both centered around the kind of continuity that people prefer in a time of war. The ol' "you can't switch horses now...we're so close!" This is what Trump is best at. He'll stoke fear of uncertainty like no other if there is any glimmer of hope for either a vaccine or economic recovery by November.
    Trump's main asset is Joe Biden (and vice versa).

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

You might not have, but there were plenty on the right who didn't want to see the stimulus work, and who wanted Obama to fail.
    it wasn't about wanting him to fail, it was watching him fail......seriously, do you remember the election of 2012?......when his campaign was "well I know I haven't given you anything that I promised in 2008, but if you re-elect me I will try again".......and the sad thing is you idiots did it.......slowest recovery in US history......it took him until late 2014 to get back to where he started.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Truth Detector (05-28-2020)

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cohort View Post
    more:
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...mocrats-281470

I love how democrats continually route against america and our success. awful people. I would never have wished for economic collapse with obama as president. democrats are sick.
    The Elite are now sick enough to rig an election, and they have decided that Trump can not win and the the rest of the R's in the main need to be crushed as well.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    it wasn't about wanting him to fail, it was watching him fail......seriously, do you remember the election of 2012?......when his campaign was "well I know I haven't given you anything that I promised in 2008, but if you re-elect me I will try again".......and the sad thing is you idiots did it.......slowest recovery in US history......it took him until late 2014 to get back to where he started.......
    How are we doin' now?

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How are we doin' now?
    we're doing great......you're doing Biden......as soon as we get past a few fucked up demmycrat governors who think they can win the national election by preventing people from earning a living, the economy will bounce right back.......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

14. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,021 Times in 8,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

The amazing thing to political experts in recent years is how little the economy actually matters. trump has had the biggest economic disaster since Hoover, and it has barely moved his support. Obama had a relatively strong economy, with very low unemployment, and no one cared. trump continued that, and still no one cared.

Politics has become tribal, so economics is unimportant. I am not saying that is good or bad, or even that it is partisan. It just is. Those are the facts. There is very little middle ground to be swayed, so it is mostly about getting out the base.

Both sides are invigorated by this. The economy could shrink or grow, and it would not change much about the election.

15. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

we're doing great......
    I say something, and immediately Postmodern rushes to prove me correct. Yes, he actually thinks this is doing great. It really does not matter how America (or the world) economy is doing, he will believe we are doing great.

16. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Obama campaigned on having successfully gotten Obamacare, having saved us from the Great Recession, having an increasing economy, and on beginning to reduce the deficit. He actually campaigned on having delivered, not having failed to deliver.

17. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I say something, and immediately Postmodern rushes to prove me correct. Yes, he actually thinks this is doing great. It really does not matter how America (or the world) economy is doing, he will believe we are doing great.
    there are always foot draggers in the world........you are destined to be one of them.....the funny thing is you call it progress......

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

19. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Obama campaigned on having successfully gotten Obamacare,
    Obamacare didn't start until January 1 of 2014.......as for the economy, unemployment in November 2012 was higher than it was in November 2008.....the stock market in November 2012 was still lower than it had been in 2007......
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 05-28-2020 at 05:47 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post: