Thread: The general election scenario that Democrats are dreading

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    The president was exonerated, pende*o...forever.
    No, he wasn't. Please stop eating your own shit.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    The president was exonerated, pende*o...forever.

I know this troubles you right wingers. An impeached President cannot be exonerated. He is only removed from office or left in office. Even GOP Senators admitted that Trump probably committed the acts he was accused of.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,068 Times in 3,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 643 Times in 611 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    you are going to have tp make a choice......either you don't count recovering what you lost as a net gain, or you do........if you don't you can't say Obama gained anything......if you do, you are going to have to credit Trump's next quarter as the largest gain ever made by any president ever.......choose wisely.......
    The next quarter is going to be end of June. It will be one of the largest losses ever. Current prediction is about 12% which is 40% annual loss.

How much the economy recovers in July, August is unknown. Recovery is pretty much a relative term. People that don't have their full time job back won't see it as a recovery. Most businesses will still be seeing reduced revenues. If we see a 12% drop, I doubt we will see more than a 10% gain. While large won't be the largest gain ever. (Although Trump will claim it is in spite of evidence to the contrary.)
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

4. The Following User Groans At Poor Richard Saunders For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-28-2020)

5. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    The next quarter is going to be end of June.
    obviously not......May and June are in the 2nd quarter.......the next quarter will be the third quarter......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,072 Times in 7,504 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cohort View Post
    I love how democrats continually route against america and our success. .
    I love how Trumpanzees spell.

7. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    It looks like summer may be a breeding ground for the Virus, and by September, October, all we will hear about is MORE DEATH.
    You're a real barrel of laughs these days, Jacqui. You live in a hot humid climate, exactly the weather that virus hates,so stop bloody worrying!

8. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    The economy was never booming like it was under Trump even though Trump got it cranking without taking 8 years to do it—and he will do it again, if voters are smart enough to vote economy-first.
    The last time the economy was booming, Clinton was President. trump's 2.2% was not booming any more than Obama's 2.1%. That 2.2% was bought at an economy that started collapsing before Covid-19. Have you ever heard of all the S&P companies almost going technically bankrupt at the same time. There was no good reason for it. It did not even happen during the Great Depression.

The voters are voting tribally, so the economy is the least important to voters it has been in almost a hundred years.

9. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Smart people know Trump didn’t crash the economy—the virus and Fauci’s ‘guidance’ did that.
    The world is full of crashing economies, but Fauci is only in America, so we cannot blame Fauci for much. trump had crashed parts of the economy before Covid-19, and without the booms we expect before the bust.

Recessions are a natural consequence of growth, but trump did not give us strong growth. Recessions are good in some ways because they clear away the non-productive businesses... But trump has all businesses in America on the verge of collapse.

10. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    The last time the economy was booming, Clinton was President. trump's 2.2% was not booming any more than Obama's 2.1%. That 2.2% was bought at an economy that started collapsing before Covid-19. Have you ever heard of all the S&P companies almost going technically bankrupt at the same time. There was no good reason for it. It did not even happen during the Great Depression.

The voters are voting tribally, so the economy is the least important to voters it has been in almost a hundred years.
    Obama was getting a lot of love from the Fed, Trump wasn’t, and Trump was only three years in before the COVID Crash.

People were working good paying jobs under Trump like they weren’t under Obama. In fact, it was a workers market in many sectors.

I have no idea what Biden would do besides what other people tell him to do. I’m pretty sure he has literally no idea. Trump will continue to deregulate the economy and the economy will need all the help it can get after this.

If the Ocasio-Cortez crowd gets in Biden’s ear you can stick a fork in the American experiment.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

11. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Obama was getting a lot of love from the Fed, Trump wasn’t, and Trump was only three years in before the COVID Crash.
    The Fed created money not to counteract deflation, but to give cash on hand to almost all the corporations in America. They had never done anything like that before. They did it back in September, well into trump's presidency, and before Covid-19. The Fed is now doing dozens of things they never would have considered when Obama was President.

People were working good paying jobs under Trump like they weren’t under Obama. In fact, it was a workers market in many sectors.
    There was record low unemployment for both Obama through to trump. You would expect it to be a employee's market, but it was not. We did not see the inflation, or rising standard's of living that one would see from such low unemployment. Economists do not know why.