Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Women hammered by COVID job losses as they are at the bottom (with no benefits)

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 93 Times in 82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    But who gives a shit right? Women? Dark women? Women with kids. (Women who are LEAST likely to get their required child support--remember, 40% of all mandated child support is unpaid). Trump (with aid of some states) is cutting SNAP and is reducing housing subsidies. Create another massive wave of HOMELESS? And of course we know about the MANY states who didn't take the additional 'Medicaid' subsidies because it was part of the Obama plan.

Drive them to the streets, starve 'em to death? Only problem with this logic is how does BUSINESS create America's next generation of 'MINIMUM WAGE WORKERS? No, that is NOT hyperbole. That is an institutional capitalist requirement.

I guess there is LOGIC in all of this but I'll be damned if I can figure it out. Maybe it is just more PUNITIVE behavior from a punishing RIGHT.

Women suffering steeper job losses in COVID-19 economy

BY NIV ELIS - 05/25/20 08:45 PM EDT 757

The economic devastation caused by the coronavirus has hit women particularly hard, a contrast to the 2009 downturn that was known as "the men's recession."

The latest employment figures show that women, by a 10-point margin, have seen the majority of the job losses as large parts of the economy have shut down.

The difference could have implications for the recovery and what policymakers need to do to ensure it’s not drawn out. One primary reason that women are seeing higher unemployment rates is that the pandemic and the lockdowns have hit sectors of the economy that disproportionately employ women.

“This is a really atypical recession, in that we’ve proactively shut down major sectors of the economy and there’s a dropoff in demand that we’ve never seen before, both caused by the global health crisis,” said Shai Akabas, director of economic policy at the Bipartisan Policy Center.

Whereas the Great Recession that started in 2008 hit male-dominated industries such as construction and manufacturing first, the total lockdowns that characterized the past few months have been tougher on certain retail sectors.

For example, women represent 73 percent of employees in clothing stores, 71 percent in gift, novelty, souvenir stores, and 75 percent of retail florists. In accommodation and food services, they have a slight edge at 53 percent employment representation, and also dominate beauty salons, nail salons and personal care services that social distancing has made prohibitive.

But Elise Gould, a senior economist at the left-leaning Economic Policy Institute, said there’s more to the story. “Even in the male-dominated industries, women are losing their jobs at greater rates,” she said.

For example, in February and March, women accounted for three-quarters of job losses in retail trade, even though they make up about half of the workforce. In professional and business services, where women account for just 46 percent of all employees, they lost 56 percent of the jobs....

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/4...vid-19-economy

So the coronavirus is not just racist it's sexist too!

Here's a thought for black women, stop having kids out of wedlock that you can't afford!

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The CHINA virus ain't taking--among sane people. You better find another country or __fill in blank__ to blame.
    Get gassed CCP shill the Chinese government with the aid of the WHO intentionally covered up then downplayed the severity of the outbreak and virus for months.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Women, remember, that Trump is the cause of your misfortune.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

4. The Following User Groans At jimmymccready For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-26-2020)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-26-2020)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    You are a hoot, Jimmy.

Wrong, but a hoot, nevertheless.

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    The virus from China caused the economic loss.to America and countries around the world.

Who is responsible for their economic losses?
    Told you within the first weeks, DISEASE doesn't have citizenship and it sure as hell doesn't have borders. I guess we could call the AIDS virus, the Canadian virus. PATIENT 0, a Canadian instrumental in spreading it across numerous continents (this, of course, after it jumped from primates to a human we'll never know when that happened).

Of course, SCIENTISTS used CONTRACT TRACING to figure the Canadian's part in the spread. NO ONE IN THIS ADMINISTRATION WANTS TO DO CONTRACT TRACING--EVEN TO AMELIORATE/STOP THE SPREAD of Covid.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-26-2020)

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,419 Times in 16,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    You are a hoot, Jimmy.

Wrong, but a hoot, nevertheless.
    Indeed....

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Earl and Top refuse to pull the ripcord.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-26-2020)

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Earl and Top refuse to pull the ripcord.
    They should have NEVER grabbed on to that PARACHUTE... 2016, nothing has changed...

WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-26-2020)

14. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Centerleftfl,

But who gives a shit right? Women? Dark women? Women with kids. (Women who are LEAST likely to get their required child support--remember, 40% of all mandated child support is unpaid). Trump (with aid of some states) is cutting SNAP and is reducing housing subsidies. Create another massive wave of HOMELESS? And of course we know about the MANY states who didn't take the additional 'Medicaid' subsidies because it was part of the Obama plan.

Drive them to the streets, starve 'em to death? Only problem with this logic is how does BUSINESS create America's next generation of 'MINIMUM WAGE WORKERS? No, that is NOT hyperbole. That is an institutional capitalist requirement.

I guess there is LOGIC in all of this but I'll be damned if I can figure it out. Maybe it is just more PUNITIVE behavior from a punishing RIGHT.

Women suffering steeper job losses in COVID-19 economy

BY NIV ELIS - 05/25/20 08:45 PM EDT 757

The economic devastation caused by the coronavirus has hit women particularly hard, a contrast to the 2009 downturn that was known as "the men's recession."

The latest employment figures show that women, by a 10-point margin, have seen the majority of the job losses as large parts of the economy have shut down.

The difference could have implications for the recovery and what policymakers need to do to ensure it’s not drawn out. One primary reason that women are seeing higher unemployment rates is that the pandemic and the lockdowns have hit sectors of the economy that disproportionately employ women.

“This is a really atypical recession, in that we’ve proactively shut down major sectors of the economy and there’s a dropoff in demand that we’ve never seen before, both caused by the global health crisis,” said Shai Akabas, director of economic policy at the Bipartisan Policy Center.

Whereas the Great Recession that started in 2008 hit male-dominated industries such as construction and manufacturing first, the total lockdowns that characterized the past few months have been tougher on certain retail sectors.

For example, women represent 73 percent of employees in clothing stores, 71 percent in gift, novelty, souvenir stores, and 75 percent of retail florists. In accommodation and food services, they have a slight edge at 53 percent employment representation, and also dominate beauty salons, nail salons and personal care services that social distancing has made prohibitive.

But Elise Gould, a senior economist at the left-leaning Economic Policy Institute, said there’s more to the story. “Even in the male-dominated industries, women are losing their jobs at greater rates,” she said.

For example, in February and March, women accounted for three-quarters of job losses in retail trade, even though they make up about half of the workforce. In professional and business services, where women account for just 46 percent of all employees, they lost 56 percent of the jobs....

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/4...vid-19-economy

Oh, I can hear the BS now:

'Anybody who is not a billionaire has only them self to blame. If you can't cut it in this world then that's your fault, not mine. Anybody can be as rich as they want. All that is required is making the right decisions at the right time and a whole lot of hard work. Ya gotta have what it takes and if ya don't then it's tough luck. Not my problem.

You making the wrong choices is not my problem.

Poverty is the fault of the poor, not the rich. The rich took care of themselves. Why do they have to take care of themselves and the poor too? That's not fair. And the rich pay more taxes than everybody else, too, so that's not fair either. The ones we should really be feeling sorry for are the billionaires and millionaires who have to carry the heavy burden of all the 'takers' in society.

If people want more money they need to get out and get a job. They are just using the fake hoax corona virus to be lazy and sit around collecting unemployment that the rich pay for.' /sarc!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello jimmymccready,

It didn't have to be this way.

If we had good leadership, and had gotten out in front of the testing, we would never have had to shut down the economy.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

jimmymccready (05-26-2020)

17. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How about this one?

Can't you just hear it now?

"It's your own fault for being born a woman. Tough luck, baby. Now, get back in the kitchen." /sarc

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

jimmymccready (05-26-2020)

19. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Says the rape apologist.

20. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello jimmymccready,

It didn't have to be this way.

If we had good leadership, and had gotten out in front of the testing, we would never have had to shut down the economy.
    We did get out in front on testing, we developed, got approval, mass produced, and mass distributed in record time and have produced millions more than any other country. It is only this way because China and the WHO covered up the outbreak then downplayed the severity thereof for months and they did so with the full complicity of the administrative state, western media, and internet shills for the CCP like you.

21. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,030 Times in 8,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FreeSpeech View Post
    We did get out in front on testing, we developed, got approval, mass produced, and mass distributed in record time and have produced millions more than any other country.
    For the first month, every country on earth was ahead of us. It has been impossible to get out in front of that failure.

472 tests in a month. Whole days went by with no tests. Even today, testing is slow, and with absolutely no plan.