1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,328 Times in 52,382 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Problems

"A September study found that mail ballots in Florida were more likely to experience problems than other voting methods.

The study was conducted by Daniel Smith, chairman of the political science department at the University of Florida and one of the nation’s leading experts on voting and election administration. He produced the report for the American Civil Liberties Union of Florida.

Smith’s study found that 1 percent of Florida’s mail-in ballots cast in the 2012 and 2016 presidential elections — that’s one out of every 100 mail ballots — weren’t counted. That amounted to 28,000 ballots in the last presidential election.

Younger voters and minority voters were significantly more likely to have their ballots disqualified than older and white voters, and less likely to have their mail ballot problems corrected when flagged for a signature problem, Smith found.

Rick Hasen, an election law expert at University of California, Irvine, said the problem may get worse. “As people use computers more and write less their handwriting tends to be inconsistent over time. Handwriting analysis itself is certainly not an exact science."
    sun-sentinel.com
    All of a sudden, with Biden in the lead, Trump hates absentee ballots. He also hates the military, something all Stolen Valor assholes support him in doing, so there's no doubt Trump wants to disenfranchise the military since most military members do not favor Trump.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-26-2020)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-26-2020), ThatOwlWoman (05-26-2020)

4. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Trumpet,

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    If you're saying that Trump is a sinking ship, you're right.
    He ran into the coronavirus minefield and blew up.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-26-2020)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (05-26-2020), Trumpet (05-26-2020)

7. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Trumpet,

He ran into the coronavirus minefield and blew up.
    The economy was harmed too and you cheered it.

8. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,302 Times in 53,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Oh, but we are not up to 100,000 deaths yet!

I know we are fewer than 200 deaths short of it but all the dying could just stop and 'miraculously go away,' like DT said, RIGHT?

Just because we have not had a day with fewer than 200 deaths in over 2 months is no reason to think we won't have such a day today, right?

When has DT EVER relied on facts to support his narrative?
    #COVID45 gets his "facts" from watching Fox. And we all know what we call ppl who get their "news" from that source, right? All together class, let's spell

I D I O T S

"Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

9. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-26-2020)

10. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    All of a sudden, with Biden in the lead, Trump hates absentee ballots. He also hates the military, something all Stolen Valor assholes support him in doing, so there's no doubt Trump wants to disenfranchise the military since most military members do not favor Trump.
    Now I'm sure that some of our Reichwing friends will be triggered and will rush to inform you that you're fulla scheiss, the troops do too love the Covidiot-in-Chief, and you're just a chickenshit libtard who never served.

Did I get it right?

(The ones informing you of these "facts" will themselves have never served but they still know exactly how vets and active military vote. lol)
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

11. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-26-2020)

12. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,611 Times in 11,609 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Now I'm sure that some of our Reichwing friends will be triggered and will rush to inform you that you're fulla scheiss, the troops do too love the Covidiot-in-Chief, and you're just a chickenshit libtard who never served.

Did I get it right?

(The ones informing you of these "facts" will themselves have never served but they still know exactly how vets and active military vote. lol)
    In some ways I would like to see Biden win. After he completely fucks up the economy and foreign relations, not to forget the 1001 gaffs he would make. It really would be fun to watch you lemmings try to defend him. But in good conscience can I not try to prevent the potential damage to the country I love.

13. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Make all the excuses you want, the fact of the matter is you liberals are the only ones crying. Maybe it's because liberals are lazier than conservatives?
    Apparently you missed your glorious tangerine toddler's tweet-raging this holiday weekend. Please go review his whining, bellowing, threatening, crying, sobbing, blaming, and lying tweets and get back to me. Thanks.

14. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    In some ways I would like to see Biden win. After he completely fucks up the economy and foreign relations, not to forget the 1001 gaffs he would make. It really would be fun to watch you lemmings try to defend him. But in good conscience can I not try to prevent the potential damage to the country I love.
    You haven't cared about the damage done by the Grifter-in-Chief so far, so why would anyone think that you're concerned about Biden doing any worse?

15. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,310 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

trump has failed on the economy, foreign relations, public health, American defense, etc. he will make a hundred plus gaffes on an average Saturday. We literally cannot do worse.

16. #40 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,600 Times in 17,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Apparently you missed your glorious tangerine toddler's tweet-raging this holiday weekend. Please go review his whining, bellowing, threatening, crying, sobbing, blaming, and lying tweets and get back to me. Thanks.
    Apparently you dismiss the FACT that you liberals have been pushing for drive-by voting and mail-in voting since before Trump even ran for president.
    Get back to me when you liberals quit "whining, bellowing, threatening, crying, sobbing, blaming,..."
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

17. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    trump has failed on the economy, foreign relations, public health, American defense, etc. he will make a hundred plus gaffes on an average Saturday. We literally cannot do worse.
    Walt that is strictly the left's opinion.

18. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You haven't cared about the damage done by the Grifter-in-Chief so far, so why would anyone think that you're concerned about Biden doing any worse?

This all boils down to a matter of opinion. You say Trump mismanaged the economy I say he didn't. Up until the pandemic we have had a Bull market for 10straight years. So based on that fact alone You are incorrect.

It's not a matter of concern but certainty that Biden will fuck up the economy worse than the pandemic has done.

19. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Apparently you dismiss the FACT that you liberals have been pushing for drive-by voting and mail-in voting since before Trump even ran for president.
    Get back to me when you liberals quit "whining, bellowing, threatening, crying, sobbing, blaming,..."
    Seems like you want to disenfranchise the members of our military and their families, all of whom vote by mail. Your glorious toadstool votes by mail -- illegally, as it turns out. He lists Mar-A-Lago as his legal residence for voting purposes. 1) He doesn't live there, and 2) no one is allowed to live there per the multiple contracts and agreements TrumpCo signed with the county. Even members are allowed to stay no longer than one week at a stretch. From that bastion of liberal thought (lol), Forbes:

"...the President’s claim of Mar-a-Lago as his permanent residence violates agreements that he made when he converted Mar-a-Lago from a private residence to a club.

"The digging on this was the work of disgruntled neighbors who are upset about the President’s plan to put in a boat dock.

Under the agreement, President Trump is only allowed to live at Mar-a-Lago for three non-consecutive seven day periods. Mr. Roig-Franzia interviewed attorney Glenn Zeitz who indicated that the agreement was “a substantial and serious potential legal impediment” to the President using Mar-a-Lago as his voting address."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjr.../#3b344ec570cf

But sure, it's only "you liberals" who vote by mail and want to continue to do so.

20. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This all boils down to a matter of opinion. You say Trump mismanaged the economy I say he didn't. Up until the pandemic we have had a Bull market for 10straight years. So based on that fact alone You are incorrect.

It's not a matter of concern but certainty that Biden will fuck up the economy worse than the pandemic has done.
    First of all, let's review where I said that the Toadstool "mismanaged the economy." I'll wait.

Second of all, no one can truthfully argue that #COVID45 totally mismanaged the response to the pandemic.

21. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Seems like you want to disenfranchise the members of our military and their families, all of whom vote by mail. Your glorious toadstool votes by mail -- illegally, as it turns out. He lists Mar-A-Lago as his legal residence for voting purposes. 1) He doesn't live there, and 2) no one is allowed to live there per the multiple contracts and agreements TrumpCo signed with the county. Even members are allowed to stay no longer than one week at a stretch. From that bastion of liberal thought (lol), Forbes:

"...the President’s claim of Mar-a-Lago as his permanent residence violates agreements that he made when he converted Mar-a-Lago from a private residence to a club.

"The digging on this was the work of disgruntled neighbors who are upset about the President’s plan to put in a boat dock.

Under the agreement, President Trump is only allowed to live at Mar-a-Lago for three non-consecutive seven day periods. Mr. Roig-Franzia interviewed attorney Glenn Zeitz who indicated that the agreement was “a substantial and serious potential legal impediment” to the President using Mar-a-Lago as his voting address."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjr.../#3b344ec570cf

But sure, it's only "you liberals" who vote by mail and want to continue to do so.
    Don't believe anything DT says until he releases his taxes.

Not a single thing!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (05-26-2020)