Thread: MICHAEL MOORE SAYS: The only way Trump wins in 2020 is if he 'cheats'

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    what is this suppose to prove????????????

2. #17 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,617 Times in 17,056 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    what is this suppose to prove????????????
    If you're too stupid to relate, why waste the time to tell you?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Earl (05-26-2020)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Great thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Guess I am not the only one thinking he is well capable of cheating or doing whatever he thinks it will take to win, the country& citizens be dammed

Academy Award-winning filmmaker Michael Moore said Friday night that there’s no way President Trump can win reelection unless he “cheats.”

Moore appeared on “Real Time with Bill Maher” and warned that Trump may be planning ways to boost his chances against former Vice President Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee, in November.

“The only way they are going to pull it off is if he’s able to cancel the election or postpone it,” Moore said of the Trump campaign. “That is what we’re going to have to fight against because I’m certain that is what is going on in his head right now.”

Moore noted that Hillary Clinton, the 2016 Democratic candidate, won the popular vote against Trump by 3 million votes but still lost the election. He suggested that Biden will win by 5 million but said Trump could still win the Electoral College with the help of his ardent fan base of supporters.

Maher suggested that is why Trump is warning against making voting easier for more people, noting the president's comments earlier this month against mail-in ballots: “You’d never have a Republican elected in this country again.”

“That is actually what he said,” Maher said. “You’ve got to give it to this guy. He does speak his inner monologue.”

Moore said that if voting is made easier and there is no voter suppression, “Republicans are going to lose.”

“The majority of the country does not support the Republican agenda. The majority of the country are not climate deniers. The majority of the country believe women should be paid the same as men. Go down the whole list,” Moore said.

“The only way Republicans can win, and this has been true for a few elections, is to cheat, is to somehow game it, rig it, do whatever they need to do,” he added.

Trump has frequently panned the idea of expanding mail-in voting, raising unsubstantiated claims that mail-in ballots are "corrupt" and susceptible with fraud. Voting experts recognize that there are higher levels of voter fraud with mail-in voting than with in-person voting, though cases of fraud remain rare overall.

The HBO host noted Trump’s "war with the post office," which includes threatening to withhold federal funds from Michigan over its decision to mail absentee ballot applications to all registered voters given the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) slammed Trump’s threat, calling it "scary" and "unacceptable."

Maher noted that it sounded "like the exact same playbook from Ukraine — withholding aid," referring to Trump’s impeachment.

more @ source
    Why do Republicans believe things that just are not true?

It is remarkable all the Republicans who are jumping on this completely unsupported narrative that mail-in voting is corrupt.

There is no evidence to support that.

Like so many things DT says, it is without basis. It is essentially a lie.

Why do Republicans fall for this BS?

Why do they not demand proof?

It's what they want to believe, so they don't question it. That is flawed thinking. Why are Republicans so willing to accept a flawed thinking process?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-26-2020)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Why do Republicans want to win so badly that they are willing to cheat?

Don't they know that a win through cheating is not a true win?

How do they expect to cling to power if they know they cheated, and they are not enacting the will of the people?

That is a recipe for disaster.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Bill,

Great thread:

Why do Republicans believe things that just are not true?

It is remarkable all the Republicans who are jumping on this completely unsupported narrative that mail-in voting is corrupt.

There is no evidence to support that.

Like so many things DT says, it is without basis. It is essentially a lie.

Why do Republicans fall for this BS?

Why do they not demand proof?

It's what they want to believe, so they don't question it. That is flawed thinking. Why are Republicans so willing to accept a flawed thinking process?
    Blaming it all on Trump, are you?

You commies have been whining about mail in voting before Trump. You wanted it long before because you know your voting bloc is too lazy to go to the polls.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

A political win through cheating is forcing rule upon a people who disagree with leaders.

The rulers are not then enacting the will of the people.

It cannot work for long like that. Such rule cannot endure.

Rulers forcing their unpopular way upon the people is why the USA revolted and formed a new nation.

9. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-26-2020)

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

AND WE HAVE A WINNER! And given the #'s he will have to CHEAT BIGLY!
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If you're too stupid to relate, why waste the time to tell you?
    If you're saying that Trump is a sinking ship, you're right.

12. The Following User Groans At Trumpet For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-26-2020)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-26-2020)

14. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If you're saying that Trump is a sinking ship, you're right.

15. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Why do Republicans want to win so badly that they are willing to cheat?

Don't they know that a win through cheating is not a true win?

How do they expect to cling to power if they know they cheated, and they are not enacting the will of the people?

That is a recipe for disaster.

Problems

"A September study found that mail ballots in Florida were more likely to experience problems than other voting methods.

The study was conducted by Daniel Smith, chairman of the political science department at the University of Florida and one of the nation’s leading experts on voting and election administration. He produced the report for the American Civil Liberties Union of Florida.

Smith’s study found that 1 percent of Florida’s mail-in ballots cast in the 2012 and 2016 presidential elections — that’s one out of every 100 mail ballots — weren’t counted. That amounted to 28,000 ballots in the last presidential election.

Younger voters and minority voters were significantly more likely to have their ballots disqualified than older and white voters, and less likely to have their mail ballot problems corrected when flagged for a signature problem, Smith found.

Rick Hasen, an election law expert at University of California, Irvine, said the problem may get worse. “As people use computers more and write less their handwriting tends to be inconsistent over time. Handwriting analysis itself is certainly not an exact science."
    sun-sentinel.com

16. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sucks to be losing, don't it.

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Its the only way he became President
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-26-2020)

19. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sucks to be losing, don't it.
    Who's losing?

20. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Who's losing?
    If you're too stupid to to figure that out, why waste the time to tell you?

21. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    If #COVID45 wants to use the virus as an excuse to delay or cancel the election, he had better start maximizing the dangers now. Instead, the moron insists that things should be opening up now, it's over, nothing to worry about, let's pretend 100K dead never happened. As we've seen, his merry band of Trumpanzees will eagerly play the part of the choir.
    Oh, but we are not up to 100,000 deaths yet!

I know we are fewer than 200 deaths short of it but all the dying could just stop and 'miraculously go away,' like DT said, RIGHT?

Just because we have not had a day with fewer than 200 deaths in over 2 months is no reason to think we won't have such a day today, right?

When has DT EVER relied on facts to support his narrative?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (05-26-2020)