Members banned from this thread: Cypress, moon, domer76, Walt, AProudLefty, Doc Dutch and Concart

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Byron York: Biden facing even more pressure on VP pick after 'you ain't black' remark

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Byron York: Biden facing even more pressure on VP pick after 'you ain't black' remark
    By Joshua Nelson | Fox News

"Biden under increasing pressure to choose minority running mate amid 'you ain't black' backlash

Black activists are warning Joe Biden not to pick Sen. Amy Klobuchar as his running mate; Fox News contributor Byron York reacts.

Presumptive 2020 Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden is facing even more pressure to pick a woman of color as his running mate after his gaffe about black Trump supporters, Washington Examiner chief political correspondent Byron York said Monday.

“He has already said that he’s guaranteed to choose a woman,” the Fox News contributor told “America’s Newsroom.” “And he’s under increasing pressure now for it to be a woman of color.”

SEN. TIM SCOTT: BIDEN'S NEW COMMENT ON BLACK VOTERS IS 'MOST ARROGANT AND CONDESCENDING' I'VE HEARD

York said Biden was “already under pressure” before making the gaffe last week in an interview with Charlamagne tha God.

“We’ve heard about Kamala Harris, we’ve heard about Stacey Abrams, we’ve heard about Val Demings and he said they are all on his list right now,” York said.

Biden made controversial comments in an interview Friday morning with “The Breakfast Club,” After host Charlamagne tha God said he had "more questions" for him before November, Biden defended his record with issues affecting black Americans.

“I tell you, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black,” he said.

Biden walked back the remarks later the same day, saying: “I shouldn’t have been so cavalier.”

"I shouldn't have been such a wise guy ... No one should have to vote for any party, based on their race or religion or background," he said.

But the remarks drew swift criticism from across the political spectrum, in particular from the Trump campaign, which sought to highlight the remarks.

York said that “it is not good” for Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., that a Politico report revealed that "black activists" warned Biden about her record with African-Americans. The report noted that Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., - another on Biden's shortlist - does not face such concerns.

York said the issues stem from Klobuchar's handling of police shootings from her time as a prosecutor. Overall, York said Biden cannot afford to "alienate" any portion of the minority community if he hopes to win in November."
    foxnews.com
    Biden's worse enemy is Biden's mouth
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    His economy was shiny enough till Democrats lucked-out with COVID.

Will it suck if it starts to recovery in late summer/fall?
    He was riding Obama's economic miracle recovery and then he destroyed it.

Any recovery any time is good, but the UE rate will lag horribly and that is going to cost Trump terribly in November: as it should.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

3. The Following User Groans At jimmymccready For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-26-2020)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump's mouth is own worst enemy this year.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post

Any recovery any time is good, but the UE rate will lag horribly and that is going to cost Trump terribly in November: as it should.
    No, Jimmy, China harmed America’s economy and economies of countries around the world.

China must be held accountable.

Is the president responsible for the harm to economies all over the world?

Think, Jimmy.

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    The economy will improve in between now and October, unless Americans get too relaxed and a second wave occurs, but unemployment will still suck, and unless those blue States also prosper the country will lag behind

Imagine where we could have been if Trump had confronted the virus early as other nations did rather than killing three months trying to downplay its threat
    You mean while Democrats we’re running their bogus impeachment scheme?

What were congressional Democrats busy with? Oh yeah, trying to get rid of the be Bad Orange Man.

Not that any of that matters as far as a virus is concerned. There was no ‘early’ because of China’s mendacity. The virus was coming here by the plane load while China was trying to ‘keep a lid on things’.

What that translates into is the COVID virus was already spread and spreading through out the country during the ‘early’ phase when Trump/Congress/CDC/government coulda shoulda woulda.

Note to Darth Omar followers: seroprevalence studies will show that the COVID virus was here well before Patient Zero was detected in Washington State on 1/15/20.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (05-26-2020), Earl (05-26-2020)

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

You really expect voters to buy that bullshit lol?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (05-26-2020), Earl (05-26-2020)

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    No, Jimmy, China harmed America’s economy and economies of countries around the world. China must be held accountable. Is the president responsible for the harm to economies all over the world? Think, Jimmy.
    Your shrill out of context partisanship leads to your unwarranted conclusions.

A high market coupled to a high UE in the election cycle will harm Trump tremendously.

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    You really expect voters to buy that bullshit lol?
    Your comment is BS, and the voters will reject Trump, yes.

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    McCain showed 'bad decision making'. Biden may do the same. (?)
    Well I would agree, if he picked her or they did & he was dumb enough to go w/ her.. Had he not had that mill stone tied around his neck he could have possibly won the election......

Funny, in a sad kinda way, many ppl were concerned that if he died in office she would be the leader of the free world, not to long after we get trump........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Biden has several fine candidates from whom to choose, including Cuomo, who would replace Pence as the head of the coronavirus effort.
    He already said he would selecting a women... You mean maybe his wife??

Biden has enough troubles already w/out going back on that promise & pissing off 10's of millions of women voters..... IMHO anyways!!
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 4,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Earl, Fox News=Fake News.
    Yeah, fake news. No blacks were bothered by Biden's statement.

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Well I would agree, if he picked her or they did & he was dumb enough to go w/ her.. Had he not had that mill stone tied around his neck he could have possibly won the election......

Funny, in a sad kinda way, many ppl were concerned that if he died in office she would be the leader of the free world, not to long after we get trump........
    lol. I think that is the reasoning behind the Biden pick. I'm not sure Stacey Abrams is ready to be Leader of the Free World. (?)

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    lol. I think that is the reasoning behind the Biden pick. I'm not sure Stacey Abrams is ready to be Leader of the Free World. (?)
    To be honest I really know nothing about her.

I think Gabby would be my pick, or even Harris, although I never voted for her here either..

He needs support & Harris was dogging trump yesterday so maybe she is waving her hand pick me pick me...... her dem seat would not change hands if she left..

Amy is prob the most seasoned & qualified so who know what he'll do.... It better be good after dragging it out this long..lol

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

How any black person could vote for him after that, is beyond me.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    To be honest I really know nothing about her.

I think Gabby would be my pick, or even Harris, although I never voted for her here either..

He needs support & Harris was dogging trump yesterday so maybe she is waving her hand pick me pick me...... her dem seat would not change hands if she left..

Amy is prob the most seasoned & qualified so who know what he'll do.... It better be good after dragging it out this long..lol
    Yeah. Agreed. It might have been 'safest' just to say he's going to pick the 'Most Qualified'.