Thread: Construction Workers

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    As an electrian you are working along side, around & w/ other fields/trades etc so have you noticed what cowacko is talking about where you are??
    Yes, I did, but I can't say that it's widespread, but it does happen even here in New England.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Everyone knows wacko that any OP that starts off w/ a line like that in the first sentence definitely has a hidden meaning & agenda.

We have the same here mostly, although I am less than a 100 miles from you.......
    Haha, it’s like when people start their sentence “to be honest...”

I stated that because I’m not suggesting people vote a certain way or pushing some policy and that’s what 99% of threads on the board are about. I feel like I’ve heard various posters over the years hear make reference to working in construction and was just curious to their thoughts/feedback/experiences.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Yes, I did, but I can't say that it's widespread, but it does happen even here in New England.
    I'm surprised that it would, but prob not wholesale like here...
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post

I stated that because I’m not suggesting people vote a certain way or pushing some policy and that’s what 99% of threads on the board are about. I feel like I’ve heard various posters over the years hear make reference to working in construction and was just curious to their thoughts/feedback/experiences.
    The reason that there illegals are here working for less is because they're allowed to, paying less in wages so that the employer can keep more is the GOP way of thinking. To remedy the situation why not go after the employers, or could it be that these employers are Republican political contributors

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm surprised that it would, but prob not wholesale like here...
    Where do you live Bill?

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post

IMHO it is far, far more prevalent than most ppl think. Even ppl outside the trades/construction can clearly see it in areas where there is a lot of construction going on..

I have posted on this many times & most ppl seem to shrug their shoulders.....

There is tons of construction here, mostly new homes & that is the foundational base keeping many illegals here w/ a roof over their heads, that & the state gubment declaring we are a sanctuary state..... Not even sure that is defined anywhere. I guess we shouldn't have voted for that.

Most of the threads I started focused more on the hiring & when something goes wrong........ ALso these contractors are mostly fly by nighters anyway so they rip them off all the time & when one gets hurt?? They dump them off @ the hospital & swing by home depot & pick up another one~we pick up the Dr bills etc etc etc
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."